How likely is it that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will have a 6-inch screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I would like for the screen to get bigger. I just hope they don't drop micro sd and removable battery like they did with the S6. I can upgrade until the note 6 comes out anyway but still. If the next 2 iterations dissapont then I'll probably head back to the iPhone. Miss the seamless integration that I once had with my macbook and other apple devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

You can or cannot upgrade tell the Note 6 comes out? I'm not sure if the Note 5 will have the removable battery or sd card, but it seems that they are going the way of Crapple and sealing the phone up. It's sad but it will still be a great phone.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've seen some things about the Note 5, and how it could run on a 10 nm chip, inspired by Apple's A8 tech, that it supposedly will have a near 6",4K display at over 770 ppi, a 4,000 mAh battery, front-facing stereo speakers, improved finger print and retina scanner, micro sd slot, improved camera, etc. While this all sounds great, how much of TouchWiz, (which I can't stand) will hamper that phone? Will Samsung continue to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the phone, or pare it down to useful features only? What does Samsung consider useful features in terms of the Note?

If they do go the kitchen-sink route, then a chest harness will come in handy. But I'm wondering now, how likely is it that Samsung would try adding front-facing speakers to a new Note? I mean, I would want one for sure even if Touchwiz was as jittery as flipbook animation, but I'm not a Note owner. And that phone still seems to be in its own one-item niche. Even the iP6+ isn't as baldly productivity oriented. And the Nexus 6 may have speakers on the front, but it's no productivity platform.

Is the chance that LG might try to steal some stylus-weilding thunder with its own Note device enough to make Samsung crib from the HTC playbook?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If lg makes a g4 note that's 6 inches and Samsung doesn't, I will be looking at the g4 note a lot more. Also I love the look of that genuine leather back on it. That's if the g4 note comes with it.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand everyone is different but you guys are out of hand with your insatiable desire for phones to continue to get bigger and bigger . Iike when is it too big? Why not a 7 incher? I had the note 1 and 2 and that's how far I got before i got sick of toting it around.. Especially in jeans. I think the s6 is just about as big as I'd go.. . For a friggen phone.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I understand everyone is different but you guys are out of hand with your insatiable desire for phones to continue to get bigger and bigger . Iike when is it too big? Why not a 7 incher? I had the note 1 and 2 and that's how far I got before i got sick of toting it around.. Especially in jeans. I think the s6 is just about as big as I'd go.. . For a friggen phone.

6 is my absolute cutoff size for a phone but it would have to have an extremely small profile for me to go there (meaning no hardware buttons)

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

They aren't just phones anymore. Screen sizes will continue to increase as long as there is market demand for them. I truly can see the tablet market over time decreasing as phablets gain in popularity. That said, no one is forcing buyers to large screen devices. There are plenty of smaller display smartphones on the market so if that is more your speed then that would be the way to go.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
5.7/8 is my max for a phone.

I sported a Lumia 1520 before the Note 4 and I regret every second i had to use it.

Note 4 is the perfect size all around with a waccom pen.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
What of it was the same footprint, but bigger screen and less bezels?

Less Bezels I will agree with because when I'm holding my phone with two hands , it starts to hurt my hand. So hopefully thinner bezels. I don't know about bigger screen. 6 inch is too big. I'm only 5'1. My mom has the S5 and I like that size but maybe like 5.4" to say 5.7" would be Ideal for me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Less Bezels I will agree with because when I'm holding my phone with two hands , it starts to hurt my hand. So hopefully thinner bezels. I don't know about bigger screen. 6 inch is too big. I'm only 5'1. My mom has the S5 and I like that size but maybe like 5.4" to say 5.7" would be Ideal for me.

I have smaller hands than most also but I would love a 6 inch note. That's just me. I wish they would make a "smaller version" for people who like the phone to be smaller but still have the spen to utilize. I believe they would sell a lot better. Not to say they don't sell.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have smaller hands than most also but I would love a 6 inch note. That's just me. I wish they would make a "smaller version" for people who like the phone to be smaller but still have the spen to utilize. I believe they would sell a lot better. Not to say they don't sell.

Definitely, but then again....it wouldn't be considered a Note. Note Series are big. Don't get me wrong, I Love LOVE the idea of wishing for a smaller Note to utilize the S Pen for people with small hands , but sadly phone sizes are Not going to go backwards. They found a market that works .

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
5.7 inches is enough. As it is, I still have to manoeuvre a bit to bring my Note 4 out of my trouser pockets. I don't want to hold a shoe-sized device up to my ear to take calls. Samsung must, at some point, stop blurring the differences between various lines of phones.

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 will probably be as big as I will go, 5 - 5.7 inch screens is the sweet spot. If I cant fit the phone in a side pocket in my shorts-pants then it becomes annoying. I still find cruising the internet on 5.7 inch screen to still be a bit too small but it's better than nothing . Had the 1520 and couldn't pocket it very easy, got rid of it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
5.9" or 6" is fine with me. It will still be smaller than the iPhone 6 plus. If you've had the Note 3 or 4 for a year or two, you don't even notice the size until you pick up a smaller phone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I think those that are saying that going from a 5.7" display Note 3/4 to a 5.9" Note 5 is a deal breaker are jumping the gun.
We don't know if that will change the physical dimensions of the device or, if so, by how much.
I'm sure Samsung is aware of the need or desire of most to carry phones in shirt/pant pocket with case and will stay within that diension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11