07-28-2015 10:37 PM
37 12
    Up the screen size to 6.1 or 6.2 inches. I have the Nexus 6 and the 6 inch screen is fabulous. I won't go back to anything smaller than 6 inches. Even the Note 4 seems like a normal sized phone after using the N6.
    07-08-2015 10:14 PM
    Anyone also like to have built-in wireless charging?
    07-10-2015 12:35 PM
    Anyone also like to have built-in wireless charging?
    I would. It doesn't hurt to have options on how to charge the phone.
    07-10-2015 03:22 PM
    If it will have the facility, I can't see myself bothering to get one.
    I haven't used one. I don't go to the same office every day.

But if one is bundled in, and it's as quick or quicker than a standard charger, I guess it will save wear and tear on the usb port.

Then there's QI and quick chargers, but I have only read about each of these in passing and haven't done my homework on any of these.

What's wrong with good old electricity as nature intended?
    07-10-2015 03:26 PM
    -15'' screen size (I am kidding, a 5.7'' is already monstruous so keep it 5.7'' or if the screen is bigger but not the body)
    -SD SLOT (or I will NOT even consider the Note 5)
    -16 to 20mp camera with at minimum the same quality as S6 and RAW
    -No metallic trim that will scratch if an ant is passing on it
    -An even more logical and fixed TW than on S6, with BT autoconnect for God's sake!!!
    07-11-2015 04:57 AM
    I would love to see the Note 5 with a 5.9"-6.3 QHD display. Tbh I always wanted the Note to be the size of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 with the Note specs. I want a 20mp rear camera, 5mp front facing camera, 4g of RAM, 64bit instead of 32, removable battery is optional, expandable storage, minimum 4000mh battery, thinner body with a nonexistent bezel around the screen, etc

Posted via the Android Central App
    n-strike likes this.
    07-13-2015 10:39 PM
    Tbh I always wanted the Note to be the size of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 with the Note specs.
    I feel the same way.
    07-14-2015 12:04 AM
    My wishlist isn't that large. In fact, it's pretty simple, but there is an important point I'd like to make.

- Keep the phone at 5.7-inches or make it 6-inches but design it in such a way so that it's not overly large.
    - Keep improving the already superb S Pen. Add more features or cool stuff.
    - Keep what made the Note 4 awesome and improve on its flaws.
    - Do not increase the resolution of the screen, and do not make the battery smaller
    - Improve the software experience over the improvements made in the S6, namely the overly-aggressive memory management

Basically that. But notice that I didn't say 2 things. Removable battery and a microSD card slot. Why? Because looking at the S6, they're unlikely to make it to the N5.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of both, which is a big reason why I opted to go with the LG G4 over the Galaxy S6, but the Note-line has always been based off the year's S-line device, so if the S6 doesn't have both, chances are the Note won't as well. Not to mention the lack of expandable storage is due to UFS 2.0. Now, I'm not going to say the usual baggage "that UFS 2.0 is so fast and it turns your phone into a rocket ship, blah blah blah", but it's still the reason because UFS 2.0 uses an entirely different type of memory controller that is apparently incompatible with SD cards, even Class 10 ones. The current workaround is to put 2 memory controllers, but that is hard and may lead to compromises that Samsung probably didn't want to make. It might be possible, but it'll take time, and with the Note 5's reveal rumored to be a month away, there's not much time.

As for specs, I'm expecting the most bleeding-edge hardware Samsung can use. So that's a 1440p SAMOLED display, a revised Exynos 7420 with a higher clockspeed (rumored to be called the Exynos 7422), 4GB of LPDDR4, and a battery above 3000mAh (hopefully 3500mAh or larger) with Qi/PMA wireless charging and quick charging as standard. Internal storage may be 64GB base, hopefully.

If the Note comes with a 3500mAh+ battery and 64GB of internal storage base, then we'll have another product worthy of the Note family. I can't wait to try it out! Hope it doesn't disappoint.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    07-14-2015 05:13 AM
    Let's face it, if you put the battery and sd slot aside, how more innovative and advanced can it be over the Note 4?

Same screen size and 2k apparently, what software can they offer?

So it will have a newer faster processor, and higher transfer speeds to the memory - really? They are just mild natural technical and manufacturing advances. I don't need them. I don't need a faster procesor if it doesn't have to power a denser screen. They are fast enough now and as fast as an app, Touchwiz or your data connection will allow.

It's going to be a restyled Note 4 with a pop out pen.
    Some people will love it because it's going to impress more than having a Note 4 will. Many will be disgusted and give up on the Note line.
    Samsung don't care.

In 6 months or less they will probably (guessing here) finalise the Note 6 depending on how the Note 5 sells. Finalised except to leave room for late SoC availability, rom and other small tech advances.
    The heydays of the Note may have gone.

With midrange phones having large 1080p screens, and my 2013 Moto G 8gb handling nearly 4gb of apps on 1gb of ram without a stutter (I did uninstall MS Excel and Word) I am really thinking of larger midrange devices or even low range, though I like the super Amoled displays and a lot of Touchwiz (18 months with a Note 3).

You do have to choose carefully lower down the ranges (the HTC 510 can't handle many apps for example), but you also need to choose a flagship device very carefully unless you're willing to spend close to a 1000 for miniscule improvements. Every device has negatives.

Good cell radios tend to get overlooked. The Asus Zenfone 2 is great there apparently, according to recent AC blogs. (I hate the word blog!)

I'm re-prioritising my needs, but want to see the Note 5 announcement, hopefully in August.
    07-14-2015 08:49 AM
    ^ But, see a LOT of users , like myself will NOT want to pay up close to 1,000 dollars for their next phone that has large internal storage. That's just a waste of money when I have a 32 GB SD card already.
    07-22-2015 03:28 PM
    I had the Note 3 .. then the Note 4 .. now the S6. I love my S6 but I really do miss the Note size. I hope they keep it the same size as the Note 4 but I could live with a Nexus 6 sized device.

What are your expectations / hopes?
    want it with a powerful battery and wireless charging function.
    07-28-2015 09:57 PM
    Honestly my only wish is that it have a 6" display.
    i agree, s6 plus display is awosome, but i do not want to miss the note size, so i waiting for galaxy s6 plus
    07-28-2015 10:37 PM
37 12