08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I only keep my phone for up to a year. A sealed battery I can live with. Lack of a SD card will sadden me.

Sent from Elegance
    I generally keep my phone for 6-8 months before I sell it. I may keep my current Note 4 though, and still buy the Note 5. Lack of a sd card I can live with when I can get a 128gb. As a power user, a sealed battery will sadden me.
    07-21-2015 08:04 PM
    All the nice rumored specs that, it appears, will not exist (USB-C, 5.94" screen) are just very disappointing.
    It does open up a world of alternative phones. Op2, etc.
    I'm not married to samsung, I dumped apple after one iPhone. There are a few features only available on android. So android is where I'm staying.
    07-21-2015 11:32 PM
    The removable storage feature is important me so as to take videos of family or working equipment. Both get stored on the home computer and later burned onto a blu ray. That all takes time so cheep storage like a couple of 128g micro SD cards I carry with me.
    As far as battery life is the discussion about how long it last per charge or the durability of said battery after a year of heavy usage. Battery are cheep and small charge up 4 and go hit the road. Don't have to stand around a charging station at an airport or while you are packed in away from civilization for days at a time taking pictures away from camp. Last but not least useful feature is when the software crashes all and the buttons don't respond and you computer is not available just do a hard boot, pull the battery.
    Saw a picture today of the new Note5 with its curved back and noticed that the rear cover was not glass , possible removable back? One can only hope. We shall see soon enough

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    07-22-2015 12:14 AM
    The removable storage feature is important me so as to take videos of family or working equipment. Both get stored on the home computer and later burned onto a blu ray. That all takes time so cheep storage like a couple of 128g micro SD cards I carry with me.
    As far as battery life is the discussion about how long it last per charge or the durability of said battery after a year of heavy usage. Battery are cheep and small charge up 4 and go hit the road. Don't have to stand around a charging station at an airport or while you are packed in away from civilization for days at a time taking pictures away from camp. Last but not least useful feature is when the software crashes all and the buttons don't respond and you computer is not available just do a hard boot, pull the battery.
    Saw a picture today of the new Note5 with its curved back and noticed that the rear cover was not glass , possible removable back? One can only hope. We shall see soon enough

Can you post the picture here or the link to it?
    07-22-2015 12:39 AM
    Chris Burns wrote the artical. Can't find the other article that showed a textured back

Attached Thumbnails Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?-backside.jpg  
    07-22-2015 01:58 AM
    Glass on the left the curved back is less glossy. We shall see soon enough

Attached Thumbnails Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?-side23.jpg  
    tadpoles and Jalopiejoe like this.
    07-22-2015 02:00 AM
    The source link below has found a document from US carrier Sprint that details the specs of the Galaxy Note 5 (with model number SM-N920P) and the device shows 32GB of storage with the word “yes” beside “external memory slot.” In addition, the microSD card slot will leave room for up to 128GB of expandable storage. Coupled with the 32GB of internal storage, users can expect at least 160GBs of storage should they purchase a microSD card with the maximum storage allotted.

Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?-screenshot-2015-07-22-04.36.56.png

Sprint Galaxy Note 5 specs include microSD card slot; has Samsung had a change of heart? - SamMobile

A lot of people on other carriers will probably be unhappy if this isnt a universal thing
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-22-2015 06:40 AM
    I can't imagine this (expandable storage) will only be a Sprint exclusive. AT&T better have this too. . Will make me more likely to upgrade to the note 5!

07-22-2015 06:54 AM
    We would have to see the official specs to be certain. But I doubt Samsung would go to the trouble of just doing this for one carrier.
    mclarryjr and monsieurms like this.
    07-22-2015 06:54 AM
    I'd be a bit upset if the Note 5 isn't 4GB of Ram as the rumored specs stated... Was really hoping for this as there is a noticeable difference in performance

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    mxrider821 likes this.
    07-22-2015 07:13 AM
    3gb of RAM and the same camera as the S6

If true this would not be a flagship device at all.
    07-22-2015 07:55 AM
    Ok looks like I will be getting the note 5. waiting for pre orders to start
    07-22-2015 08:21 AM
    No SD slot on the device....you will see
    07-22-2015 09:11 AM
    I saw the removable SD card in several leaks now, it will likely be in all versions, thanks Samsung for listening to your customers. I hope it has the removable battery as well.
    07-22-2015 09:56 AM
    im extremely worried they cut out the 2.0 storage in favor of the SD card. If this is the case, i may just stick with my s6E as the note 5 would pretty much be a downgrade if that was the case.

With the iphone 6+ right around the corner, was really hoping samsung would go all out. But with the same ram, same camera, and slower memory speeds than the s6, the early release date seems the only UP samsung has over the new iphone.
    07-22-2015 09:59 AM
    3gb of RAM and the same camera as the S6

If true this would not be a flagship device at all.
    Whatever. The s6 doesn't have the Wacom technology for the s-pen.

People seem to overlook this is the #1 differentiator for this phone. Nor "Ram Amount" or any other silliness.
    07-22-2015 10:08 AM
    The source link below has found a document from US carrier Sprint that details the specs of the Galaxy Note 5 (with model number SM-N920P) and the device shows 32GB of storage with the word “yes” beside “external memory slot.” In addition, the microSD card slot will leave room for up to 128GB of expandable storage. Coupled with the 32GB of internal storage, users can expect at least 160GBs of storage should they purchase a microSD card with the maximum storage allotted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot-2015-07-22-04.36.56.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	723.4 KB 
ID:	188122

Sprint Galaxy Note 5 specs include microSD card slot; has Samsung had a change of heart? - SamMobile

A lot of people on other carriers will probably be unhappy if this isnt a universal thing
    I'll place my bet right here: The Note will NOT have sd card support, but the Edge Plus will, as it will use the Qualcomm 808, and the Note will use the Exynos and new memory.

I hope I'm wrong. Really, really do. But I doubt it.
    07-22-2015 10:09 AM
    I'll place my bet right here: The Note will NOT have sd card support, but the Edge Plus will, as it will use the Qualcomm 808, and the Note will use the Exynos and new memory.

I hope I'm wrong. Really, really do. But I doubt it.
    I highly doubt the Edge Plus will have SD card support, since its just a bigger S6 Edge. Now I'm not saying the Note 5 will have an SD Card, but out of the 2 devices, I think the Note 5 will be the likely one to have a SD card slot
    07-22-2015 10:12 AM
    I highly doubt the Edge Plus will have SD card support, since its just a bigger S6 Edge. Now I'm not saying the Note 5 will have an SD Card, but out of the 2 devices, I think the Note 5 will be the likely one to have a SD card slot
    I would completely agree with that. Except for the fact that Samsung has said that they couldn't get SD card working with the new hardware. But if they are using the Snapdragon 808, they will most likely use the older style memory as well, and they could add SD card support.

They just announced new S2 tablets, using an older processor, with SD card support. This seems too coincidental to me.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    07-22-2015 10:17 AM
    No SD on either device
    07-22-2015 10:21 AM
    The note edge might just do it for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    I actually bought the Galaxy Note Edge on Verizon back in April for that exact reason. My Galaxy S3 was buggy and rebooting and freezing way too often. I was going to get the Galaxy S6 until I found that it had no SD card slot or removable battery. Those are DEALBREAKERS for me. If your phone somehow freezes, what is the timesaving way to reboot the phone? I know Samsung released a fix for that, but still! And batteries lose their charge after about 1000 charges. I guess I would be out of a phone until I took it to be serviced and fitted for a new one. Also, I have been using an SD card for the last 3 phones and I have ringtones and pictures and other important files on there that I want instant access to. If I can't just pop the SD card in the phone, then what's the point. For your needs, give the Note Edge a try. So far, it's the best phone I have ever owned.
    07-22-2015 10:41 AM
    definitely a deal breaker for me. If it loses either the removable batter, sd card, or s-pen, i'm buying a iphone 6+. Android user experience is already bad enough for me, especially with samsung's physical buttons. btw, I'm a tech guy (mobile developer), i just dont see any business users using android in general.
    07-22-2015 11:15 AM
    Those Sprint RDF files (I think they were called RDF files, it's been awhile) are notorious for being wrong before a device is released. From my past experience, a lot of that information is simply placeholder data when the full specifications are unknown. I know many Note fans are desperate for an SD card slot on the Note 5, but I wouldn't let a report like this get your hopes up.
    07-22-2015 12:02 PM
    definitely a deal breaker for me. If it loses either the removable batter, sd card, or s-pen, i'm buying a iphone 6+. Android user experience is already bad enough for me, especially with samsung's physical buttons. btw, I'm a tech guy (mobile developer), i just dont see any business users using android in general.
    Plenty of business users use Samsung's KNOX as part of their daily activities. If I'm not mistaken, part of the U.S. government uses it
    07-22-2015 12:18 PM
    No SD on either device
    Agreed. I think this is the route they will be going from now on.

We will soon see.

07-22-2015 03:29 PM
1,007 ... 1415161718 ...