Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breeze7c

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Glass on the left the curved back is less glossy. We shall see soon enough

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• side23.jpg
    side23.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 53

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sprint Note 5 WILL have a MicroSD Card slot according to specs

The source link below has found a document from US carrier Sprint that details the specs of the Galaxy Note 5 (with model number SM-N920P) and the device shows 32GB of storage with the word “yes” beside “external memory slot.” In addition, the microSD card slot will leave room for up to 128GB of expandable storage. Coupled with the 32GB of internal storage, users can expect at least 160GBs of storage should they purchase a microSD card with the maximum storage allotted.

Screenshot-2015-07-22-04.36.56.png

Sprint Galaxy Note 5 specs include microSD card slot; has Samsung had a change of heart? - SamMobile

A lot of people on other carriers will probably be unhappy if this isnt a universal thing

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint Note 5 WILL have a MicroSD Card slot according to specs

I can't imagine this (expandable storage) will only be a Sprint exclusive. AT&T better have this too. . Will make me more likely to upgrade to the note 5!

Posted via the Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

We would have to see the official specs to be certain. But I doubt Samsung would go to the trouble of just doing this for one carrier.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'd be a bit upset if the Note 5 isn't 4GB of Ram as the rumored specs stated... Was really hoping for this as there is a noticeable difference in performance

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

3gb of RAM and the same camera as the S6

If true this would not be a flagship device at all.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok looks like I will be getting the note 5. waiting for pre orders to start

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I saw the removable SD card in several leaks now, it will likely be in all versions, thanks Samsung for listening to your customers. I hope it has the removable battery as well.

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

im extremely worried they cut out the 2.0 storage in favor of the SD card. If this is the case, i may just stick with my s6E as the note 5 would pretty much be a downgrade if that was the case.

With the iphone 6+ right around the corner, was really hoping samsung would go all out. But with the same ram, same camera, and slower memory speeds than the s6, the early release date seems the only UP samsung has over the new iphone.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

3gb of RAM and the same camera as the S6

If true this would not be a flagship device at all.

Whatever. The s6 doesn't have the Wacom technology for the s-pen.

People seem to overlook this is the #1 differentiator for this phone. Nor "Ram Amount" or any other silliness.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

The source link below has found a document from US carrier Sprint that details the specs of the Galaxy Note 5 (with model number SM-N920P) and the device shows 32GB of storage with the word “yes” beside “external memory slot.” In addition, the microSD card slot will leave room for up to 128GB of expandable storage. Coupled with the 32GB of internal storage, users can expect at least 160GBs of storage should they purchase a microSD card with the maximum storage allotted.

View attachment 188122

Sprint Galaxy Note 5 specs include microSD card slot; has Samsung had a change of heart? - SamMobile

A lot of people on other carriers will probably be unhappy if this isnt a universal thing

I'll place my bet right here: The Note will NOT have sd card support, but the Edge Plus will, as it will use the Qualcomm 808, and the Note will use the Exynos and new memory.

I hope I'm wrong. Really, really do. But I doubt it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'll place my bet right here: The Note will NOT have sd card support, but the Edge Plus will, as it will use the Qualcomm 808, and the Note will use the Exynos and new memory.

I hope I'm wrong. Really, really do. But I doubt it.

I highly doubt the Edge Plus will have SD card support, since its just a bigger S6 Edge. Now I'm not saying the Note 5 will have an SD Card, but out of the 2 devices, I think the Note 5 will be the likely one to have a SD card slot

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I highly doubt the Edge Plus will have SD card support, since its just a bigger S6 Edge. Now I'm not saying the Note 5 will have an SD Card, but out of the 2 devices, I think the Note 5 will be the likely one to have a SD card slot

I would completely agree with that. Except for the fact that Samsung has said that they couldn't get SD card working with the new hardware. But if they are using the Snapdragon 808, they will most likely use the older style memory as well, and they could add SD card support.

They just announced new S2 tablets, using an older processor, with SD card support. This seems too coincidental to me.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The note edge might just do it for me.

Posted via Android Central App

I actually bought the Galaxy Note Edge on Verizon back in April for that exact reason. My Galaxy S3 was buggy and rebooting and freezing way too often. I was going to get the Galaxy S6 until I found that it had no SD card slot or removable battery. Those are DEALBREAKERS for me. If your phone somehow freezes, what is the timesaving way to reboot the phone? I know Samsung released a fix for that, but still! And batteries lose their charge after about 1000 charges. I guess I would be out of a phone until I took it to be serviced and fitted for a new one. Also, I have been using an SD card for the last 3 phones and I have ringtones and pictures and other important files on there that I want instant access to. If I can't just pop the SD card in the phone, then what's the point. For your needs, give the Note Edge a try. So far, it's the best phone I have ever owned.

okwei

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
definitely a deal breaker for me. If it loses either the removable batter, sd card, or s-pen, i'm buying a iphone 6+. Android user experience is already bad enough for me, especially with samsung's physical buttons. btw, I'm a tech guy (mobile developer), i just dont see any business users using android in general.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Those Sprint RDF files (I think they were called RDF files, it's been awhile) are notorious for being wrong before a device is released. From my past experience, a lot of that information is simply placeholder data when the full specifications are unknown. I know many Note fans are desperate for an SD card slot on the Note 5, but I wouldn't let a report like this get your hopes up.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
definitely a deal breaker for me. If it loses either the removable batter, sd card, or s-pen, i'm buying a iphone 6+. Android user experience is already bad enough for me, especially with samsung's physical buttons. btw, I'm a tech guy (mobile developer), i just dont see any business users using android in general.

Plenty of business users use Samsung's KNOX as part of their daily activities. If I'm not mistaken, part of the U.S. government uses it

Status
Not open for further replies.