08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I hope it has both for those that want it. Not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't have either.
    I will most likely stay with my awesome S6 Edge. I still love it.
    07-25-2015 10:06 AM
    hopefully if not im switching to the iphone 6s plus..... since samsung want to be like them and limit what you can do
    07-25-2015 02:17 PM
    IPhone has a LOT more limitations than Android. I will look for something besides Samsung. IPhone 6plus has loads of android competition.
    07-25-2015 02:26 PM
    hopefully if not im switching to the iphone 6s plus..... since samsung want to be like them and limit what you can do
    Bye then. If those features matter so much to you, why not go for something like the LG G4 or HTC One M9? While the M9 doesn't have a removable battery, both have SD Card slots.

That has been a problem with the, "Well I'll just go to Apple instead of Samsung then." I don't understand that. You clearly have other options and act like it's an either/or issue. Saying it on a forum isn't going to make Samsung change a phone.

Being completely honest, it's only with the design of the S6 and likely N5 that I have come back around to being interested in Samsung. I got tired of the bad and buggy build quality in the S, S2, and S3. My sister got an S4 and I wasn't impressed. I got an HTC One M7. Fantastic build quality. I loved it. After that I got the G3 and, though it has a removable battery and SD Card slot, I've never needed it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people need certain features, but why not move to a phone that has them instead of complaining about it online?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-25-2015 07:16 PM
    Bye then. If those features matter so much to you, why not go for something like the LG G4 or HTC One M9? While the M9 doesn't have a removable battery, both have SD Card slots.

That has been a problem with the, "Well I'll just go to Apple instead of Samsung then." I don't understand that. You clearly have other options and act like it's an either/or issue. Saying it on a forum isn't going to make Samsung change a phone.

Being completely honest, it's only with the design of the S6 and likely N5 that I have come back around to being interested in Samsung. I got tired of the bad and buggy build quality in the S, S2, and S3. My sister got an S4 and I wasn't impressed. I got an HTC One M7. Fantastic build quality. I loved it. After that I got the G3 and, though it has a removable battery and SD Card slot, I've never needed it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people need certain features, but why not move to a phone that has them instead of complaining about it online?

There was absolutely nothing wrong and actually everything right with the design language of the Note 4 and Galaxy Alpha. There was no reason to S6 the S6 and Note 5. There's nothing wrong moving over to Apple either, as the iPhone is a good balance.

from the Elegance
    07-26-2015 12:33 AM
    Unfortunately, the G4 isn't selling well either. At least, not to expectations.

It seems like the only large player that is gaining market share is Apple. The Chinese companies are making up ground in other parts of the world, though.
    I think one of the reasons the G4 may not be selling up to expectations (whose?) is that many current/future Note users are waiting to see what Sammy does with the Note 5. If they don't at least include a microSD option, G4 sales will probably jump noticeably, especially if Sammy doesn't offer a 128GB internal memory option.
    07-26-2015 12:39 PM
    I think one of the reasons the G4 may not be selling up to expectations (whose?) is that many current/future Note users are waiting to see what Sammy does with the Note 5. If they don't at least include a microSD option, G4 sales will probably jump noticeably, especially if Sammy doesn't offer a 128GB internal memory option.
    They may see a small spike. But I think Apple has stolen enough of the high end android market that it still wouldn't be a huge difference.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:41 PM
    They may see a small spike. But I think Apple has stolen enough of the high end android market that it still wouldn't be a huge difference.
    I agree, somewhat. But I also see many Apple users moving over to Android devices for the flexibility. Probably more than vice versa. The one advantage Apple has is iOS; it's 100% Apple. Whereas Android manufacturers have to depend on Google to release their OS. So Android users will continue to wait for their service providers to release the latest versions of the OS...and complain like crazy about the wait of delayed rollouts. Apple don't have to put up with that. Their updates are released en masse.
    07-26-2015 12:54 PM
    I respectfully disagree. Note users are waiting for the Note 5 announcement which many will purchase regardless of the takeaways. Anyone who wants a G4 has pretty much purchased it already so I don't think there will be a spike of any kind for that device. The note series was never popular because of SD card slots or removable batteries. It was the display size and S-pen feature. With the original Note launch many companies said Samsung was making a mistake offering a device with a large screen and Pen. Well now look. They are on their 5th iteration have sold many many many millions of these devices and the competition has still not caught up. Will some people not go for the 5? Sure. But to say the G4 will be the benefactor is a bit premature.

Personally, I think the Note 5 will sell very well for Samsung as always. Their only REAL competition is Apple who is busy trying to keep the S6 from being a success (and It's working). We will have to see if the iphone 6s plus will do the same to the Note 5. I don't think so though....
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-26-2015 04:33 PM
    For me the G4 is not even an option. I never like LG. If there is no MicroSD in the GNOTE5, I have no problem keeping my GNOTE4 for another year. It is still performing like a champ.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 04:40 PM
    Again, Samsung really becomes no different than an Iphone, at this point. They become a follower and not a leader.Their screen size at this point has also been the same now for the last 3 phones. I was hoping for a larger screen size disappointed there also.
    07-27-2015 12:34 AM
    Again, Samsung really becomes no different than an Iphone, at this point. They become a follower and not a leader.Their screen size at this point has also been the same now for the last 3 phones. I was hoping for a larger screen size disappointed there also.
    Last I checked there was no lollipop, TW, Spen, on the Iphone. Apple is NOT a follower???? Isn't that what they do? Perfect what others have started before them????

It seems to me you are crediting Apple with sealed battery and no expandable storage and everyone who does that is a follower.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    07-27-2015 06:18 AM
    At 128GB internal I will definitely consider the note 5.
    When the note 4 came out, I went (90 miles) to play with one. I liked it, but not $850 liked it, compared to my note 3 (I've had 1,2, and 3). So I said we'd wait for the note 5.
    But, that was predicated on the presumption that the note 5 would not lose features, and gain features and increased performance.
    My most likely option is to buy a couple of new tmo note 4's to run on att.
    I'm certainly going to look at other phones.
    I don't understand the Samsung vs. IPhone choice, anymore than 15 years ago, the non-existant decision of "if I don't like this next Dell I'm getting a mac." Of course, apple had like 2% market share then.
    Samsung is not the alternative to iPhone, Android is.
    I'll be greatly disappointed to see a faster but stripped note 5. Not enough to go to a whole new universe.
    Adawg1203 and Jalopiejoe like this.
    07-27-2015 07:15 AM
    When the Apple quarterly report came out last week, I read they have had an increase in people switching from Android to Apple due to the 6 and 6 Plus screen size. Some people liked Android for the screen size but now that Apple has the 5.5 inch 6 Plus there is an option there. It could cut into Note 5 sales.
    07-27-2015 10:47 AM
    I think Samsung is keeping quiet because the Note 5 is without the two key things a lot of their Note customers covet (battery/sd) and it was too late in the hardware dev timing to make any changes (based on S6 sales). By now, we normally have some meaty "leaks". They probably do not want the bad buzz hitting prior to the launch event and want to spin as much as possible to the media- on their terms at the event. Just my cynical business hunch.

If folks doubt the impact of a lack of battery or sd, the loss did impact the S6 which is less sensitive than the Note series. Just 15% less current Note owners going to the Note 5 is millions of units of lost sales and over a billion dollars of revenue (not profit).

If the options are gone, it will be interesting to see how it pans out and how long Samsung will BS with sell-in numbers to retail instead of REAL sales to consumers. Analysts are ready this time, so doubtful they or the media will be duped in the overstated S6 number talk. The media were duped BIG time.
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-27-2015 12:48 PM
    When the Apple quarterly report came out last week, I read they have had an increase in people switching from Android to Apple due to the 6 and 6 Plus screen size. Some people liked Android for the screen size but now that Apple has the 5.5 inch 6 Plus there is an option there. It could cut into Note 5 sales.
    I agree. I think Samsung has lost market share to Apple because Apple finally released a bigger phone, not because Samsung lacked metal/glass construction in their premium phones. The S2, S3, and S4 were mega hits, plastic phones. Conversely, had Apple continue to make small phones, they would continue to lose market share to Samsung and other android phone makers. Smartphones are no longer just for calls and emails, bigger display screens allow us to do much more. Apple finally acknowledges the trend now.
    07-27-2015 12:50 PM
    With the photos released today I would say its 99.9999995% there will be NO SD and NO removable battery.
    07-27-2015 03:19 PM
    Many leak photos show a phone that looks like a bigger GS6.
    So it might not have a removable battery or SD card.
    Will you still get it?
    07-27-2015 10:23 PM
    No SD slot is a deal breaker for me. Battery shouldn't matter on this model, though.
    07-27-2015 10:26 PM
    Battery shouldn't matter on this model, though.
    I'm inclined to agree.
    Aquila and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    07-27-2015 10:32 PM
    Non-removable battery I'm ok with but fixed storage capacity... NO. And the reason is simple: price. IMO S6 and S6 edge are way too pricey, 700-1100€ O_O so most likely the Note 5 price is gonna be as bad...No thank you. Gonna pick up Note 4 then, it's only 700 € at the moment and getting cheaper when the Note 5 is launched
    07-28-2015 12:43 AM
    Many leak photos show a phone that looks like a bigger GS6.
    So it might not have a removable battery or SD card.
    Will you still get it?
    If the specs is right i would get it...Im not fond of the nexus 7 as its going to be made by huawei and the apple phones dont move me so yea even with the battery built in and no sd i would still get it for sure...And i believe the note 5 is going to be at its finest
    07-28-2015 06:07 AM
    I'm sure everyone who said I'm not getting it because..... will.

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge
    07-28-2015 06:08 AM
    If it lacks both the battery and SD slot, then no I would not get it.... Right away. I may later in the future, and if so I'd consider the S6 edge plus over the note 5. Good thing the Note 4 (what I'm using now) is still so capable...

Missalyssa928 likes this.
    07-28-2015 06:26 AM
    I'm very happy with the Galaxy S6 Edge. Came from a note 4 change of pace. Best phone I have had to date and trust me there's been a LOT the Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus will be Amazing
    Tempted with the Edge Plus tho there is no need really.

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge
    07-28-2015 06:29 AM
1,007 ... 1819202122 ...