08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Yeah. The metal vs plastic is silly. I put a case and tempered glass screen protector on my phone as soon as I buy it. I could care less what the body looks like because it's all covered for life.
    Exactly. I am in the same boat. My phone is covered all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-28-2015 06:25 PM
    Meh. Data caps alone kill the premise. Paying to access my own content on the data mining cloud is not my idea of even Charlie Sheen type winning

BTW, I know you are being sarcastic. That, or a Samsung marketer
    I am not being sarcastic. I am not in any way connected to Samsung except as a retail customer. And your understanding of cloud service is obviously very limited.
    07-28-2015 06:27 PM
    I will most likely be purchasing this device. I will be a first time Note buyer. Previously I have never had to replace a battery.

I used to rely on SD cards but now most of the items on the SD card is in the cloud.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon8380037 likes this.
    07-28-2015 06:30 PM
    Yeah. The metal vs plastic is silly. I put a case and tempered glass screen protector on my phone as soon as I buy it. I could care less what the body looks like because it's all covered for life.
    Exactly. I would take the Note 5 in a heartbeat if the design language and materials are used like the Note 4. Imo, the Note 4 is gorgeous. Samsung has always been exceptional to make the back cover of their flagships so easily to remove and put back on. Too bad we most likely will not see that in the Note 5.
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-28-2015 06:32 PM
    I am not being sarcastic. I am not in any way connected to Samsung except as a retail customer. And your understanding of cloud service is obviously very limited.
    Are you being sarcastic now??

Yep. Accessing data caps using the cloud means you are spending money to access your own content- hard to refute or imply lack of subject clarity. Unless of course you rely on wifi wherever it might be. Not exactly convenient compared to the phone network, or dare say micro sd cards.

I think you might be the person not understanding? Nothing I typed was incorrect. Especially the data mining part.
    07-28-2015 07:56 PM
    Plastic is better in regards to shock absorption from drops and better for radio signals. Also facilitates more functional designs and better for cost. Better IMO than metal for phone frames.
    Jalopiejoe, bigbuc and KJ78 like this.
    07-28-2015 08:08 PM
    Mod note: Before things get out of hand, let's keep the discussion civil please.
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:09 PM
    I would buy the Note 5 if I wasn't looking at the new Moto X Pure Edition, I can get 64GB and microSD which is fine. But I like the Note and the fingerprint sensor. But, I don't want to drop $1k out of pocket on a phone when I can spend a lot less.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:16 PM
    I have no problem with either missing. I haven't removed the back on my Note 4 except when I put in the SIM after getting it. The battery life on it is already great, and this will surely be better. Haven't even filled up the base 32GB on my N4. Let alone any extra storage

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 08:21 PM
    Well not if you get an 7 or 8 inch tablet...Its not too big but bigger than the Note series
    I could see this being a problem with a 10 inch tablet
    I like the size of the Galaxy Note 4. I have 2 Tablets 2012 Note 10.1. Also 7inch Galaxy tab2. Not as convenient as my GNOTE4. Also because of privacy issues with my work, I cannot put work on the cloud.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 08:23 PM
    I like the size of the Galaxy Note 4. I have 2 Tablets 2012 Note 10.1. Also 7inch Galaxy tab2. Not as convenient as my GNOTE4. Also because of privacy issues with my work, I cannot put work on the cloud.

Yeah its best you stick with the Note 4 then
    07-28-2015 08:36 PM
    I would buy the Note 5 if I wasn't looking at the new Moto X Pure Edition, I can get 64GB and microSD which is fine. But I like the Note and the fingerprint sensor. But, I don't want to drop $1k out of pocket on a phone when I can spend a lot less.
    Thats true. One of the main reasons I want to stick with Samsung is because of Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I have a couple wireless chargers and dont want those to go to waste
    07-28-2015 08:37 PM
    Agreed. Still not sure why Moto put a 3000 mah in the 5.7" 1440p, but put a 3630 mah in the 5" 1080p device. Not adding up, but little in life really does

This device could take a bite from Samsung due to price point and features being comparable and in the storage aspect much better.
    07-28-2015 09:12 PM
    Thats true. One of the main reasons I want to stick with Samsung is because of Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I have a couple wireless chargers and dont want those to go to waste
    The Note 5 will likely be a fine device for folks that do not care about additional storage, or the likely near four digit price point of the 128gb model. Doing the math in that regard, the Note 4 with 128gb micro sd would be closer to $200 cheaper. Factor that with 32gb more storage and swappable battery, the Note 4 appears a more compelling and practical case for a lot of folks..... Might expect Samsung to shut down component orders and production a lot sooner on the Note 4 than Samsung did with previous Notes Samsung will need to pump their Note 5 sales anyway they can.
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-28-2015 09:19 PM
    Many leak photos show a phone that looks like a bigger GS6.
    So it might not have a removable battery or SD card.
    Will you still get it?
    No, absolutely not!
    07-28-2015 09:39 PM
    i will not thinking about it ,i am waiting for galaxy 6 plus
    07-28-2015 10:39 PM
    Is there a forum or thread where people are discussing note 5 alternatives? That moto x pure thing is 5.7" I've read it does and doesn't have microSD, AND it's half the price of the note 5... even cheaper than the note 4.
    You get what you pay for, but it appears it's a bump up from my note 3. Op2 has no microSD, but has the USB-C and is a better cpu than the moto.
    07-29-2015 06:25 AM
    Many leak photos show a phone that looks like a bigger GS6.
    So it might not have a removable battery or SD card.
    Will you still get it?
    No.

Reasons here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4579579

The Note 5 will likely be a fine device for folks that do not care about additional storage, or the likely near four digit price point of the 128gb model. Doing the math in that regard, the Note 4 with 128gb micro sd would be closer to $200 cheaper. Factor that with 32gb more storage and swappable battery, the Note 4 appears a more compelling and practical case for a lot of folks..... .
    Exactly so. If anything, your post understates the situation, because you do get to keep the card forever and use it on your next upgrade, and again, and again. If you're going to buy a $1k phone, you're also going to keep buying that extra space every time you upgrade.

I'm sure everyone who said I'm not getting it because..... will.

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge

You should read that thread I hyperlinked above. Take a look at the details cited by "no way" posters. This isn't posturing. For one thing, a Note 5 is a pretty hard sell for a Note 4 user anyway. The "4" is a great phone and easily has lots of life left. I needed a really good reason to get a "5." Instead, it appears I'm getting a really good reason to leave Samsung and start looking at other vendors when next I upgrade.
    07-29-2015 06:44 AM
    I wonder what will most of yall do if in the future all phones from this point on removed the SD card and removable battery... Would yall never upgrade?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    anon(92475) likes this.
    07-29-2015 07:15 AM
    Is there a forum or thread where people are discussing note 5 alternatives? That moto x pure thing is 5.7" I've read it does and doesn't have microSD, AND it's half the price of the note 5... even cheaper than the note 4.
    You get what you pay for, but it appears it's a bump up from my note 3. Op2 has no microSD, but has the USB-C and is a better cpu than the moto.
    The Moto X does have an SD card, is 5.7, and starts at 400 dollars with a price bump of 50 per storage bump. The storage is 16/32/64.
    bigbuc likes this.
    07-29-2015 07:31 AM
    I wonder what will most of yall do if in the future all phones from this point on removed the SD card and removable battery... Would yall never upgrade?

Everyone would adapt and forget about SD cards except in their fond memories. At least that's what I think.

from the Elegance
    anon(92475) and anon8380037 like this.
    07-29-2015 07:42 AM

I would be holding on to my GNOTE4 like some people hold on to the flip phone!

monsieurms likes this.
    07-29-2015 07:43 AM
    I'm in the same boat, I was seriously considering the Note 5 even with flaws like a lack of removable battery and lack of sd card support. BUT the moto X pure announcement really has me thinking. The processor looks just a tad weaker than what we will get with the note 5, 3gb ram on near-stock android is probably similar to 4gb ram running touchwiz.

My only hang up about the pure is the lack of wireless charging and the small battery. If the note battery is big enough or if there is another surprise I may still get the note 5, but if the note 5 battery is closer to 3000 mah than 4000 mah, the pure is going to be very tempting at its price point.

If they were just a few hundred different I might not be thinking like I am but I think its safe to say that the Note 5 will cost almost double the price of the Pure.
    07-29-2015 07:50 AM
    Like I once said, if they wanted to go this route, they should compensate by having more storage and a larger battery.

The S6 got the former right by going with 32GB base instead of 16GB, but they made a pretty stupid decision to make the battery smaller at 2550/2600mAh while pairing it with a 1440p display for the sake of a thinner design.

If the Note 5 has 64GB base and a battery that's 3600mAh (or even 4100mAh) in size, then I'm fine, but that said, SD card support would be a nice bonus, since you can never have too much storage. 128GB on my G4 and counting. ^_^
    07-29-2015 07:54 AM
    This was asked in another thread. At this point, there are about 4 very similar threads going on and I forget which is which. First, I completely disagree with the concept that no one will satisfy my needs. There are alternatives at the moment. Competition dictates that there will be more in the future. Someone will do it for the same reasons Samsung did: to differentiate themselves in a crowded market. These things run in cycles. I don't believe it's a lost cause.

Second, for stopgaps, in case it gets bad for a year or two--I can just keep my "4." It's not exactly obsolete. In fact, there are fewer and fewer reasons to do a quick upgrade these days. I will be able to buy a new one off of Ebay for years, too, if it becomes defective. I could adjust to the battery issue if I had to, but it's going to take an awful lot to make me give up SD cards. I will go down kicking and screaming. If that means not upgrading for some years or switching to LG or whatever, so be it.

Maybe one day data won't be an issue, streaming will work perfectly everywhere, internal HDDs on phones will be 256gb and cost $10, and I won't care. That day is not today.
    07-29-2015 08:36 AM
1,007 ... 2021222324 ...