08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 12345 ...
tools
    If recent report are true then no, it will not have expandable storage or removable battery. Which makes me very sad and upset

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke...leaked-images/

Posted via the Android Central App
    Jennifer Johns Axe likes this.
    06-27-2015 11:01 AM
    Two absolute deal breakers for me - no external SD card (even it it's intenally in the case, like my Note 3) or a non-removable battery. .
    I agree with you 100% if Samsung takes those two away on the Note 5 not sure what my next phone would be after the Note 4 I have now? Battery I can possible give up but I have so much on my 128 gb micro SD card it'd be hard to give up. LG G4 or M9? Makes me sad just thinking of those options

06-27-2015 11:04 AM
    I agree with you 100% if Samsung takes those two away on the Note 5 not sure what my next phone would be after the Note 4 I have now? Battery I can possible give up but I have so much on my 128 gb micro SD card it'd be hard to give up. LG G4 or M9? Makes me sad just thinking of those options

If you are used to big screen it's better to choose the G4, you will find the M9 microscopic
    06-27-2015 02:30 PM
    If you are used to big screen it's better to choose the G4, you will find the M9 microscopic
    Yeah. I agree with you but had the G3 and wasn't too impressed. Battery was atrocious and it heated up so fast. At least the Note 4 is good enough for the meantime

And I came from LG G3 - > IPhone 6 plus - > to note 4. Note 4 such a better productivity phone than iPhone 6Plus ever is

06-27-2015 03:14 PM
    Yeah. I agree with you but had the G3 and wasn't too impressed. Battery was atrocious and it heated up so fast. At least the Note 4 is good enough for the meantime

And I came from LG G3 - > IPhone 6 plus - > to note 4. Note 4 such a better productivity phone than iPhone 6Plus ever is

A little OT but if you try the Glamour rom (S6 port) the Note 4 is still laggy?
    06-27-2015 07:10 PM
    A little OT but if you try the Glamour rom (S6 port) the Note 4 is still laggy?
    I'm fine with the Note 4. Wasn't impressed with the LG G3

Unfortunately my note 4 is locked under AT&T so no way to root it 😠😠. I rooted the Note 3 and LG G3 in the past...

06-27-2015 07:26 PM
    Ouch. Bad move Samsung. Maybe you'll learn with the Note 6. I'll stick to my Note 3 for my SD card and removable battery.
    06-27-2015 10:48 PM
    leaked Note 5 rugged case diagram suggest that the Note 5 will NOT have removable battery.

Samsung Galaxy Note5 : Son design partiellement révélé ?
    06-28-2015 02:26 PM
    So I guess the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone, if I decide to upgrade from my Note 3 and want to stay with Samsung. That's a definite deal breaker for me.
    06-28-2015 03:04 PM
    So I guess the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone, if I decide to upgrade from my Note 3 and want to stay with Samsung. That's a definite deal breaker for me.
    well... all other flagship Android phones are pure crap(including the LG G4, Nexus 6, etc)... nothing can come close to the Note 4 or Note 5. Even if the Note 5 comes without removable battery and MicroSD card slot, I'll just have to suck it up and buy it no matter what. Oh wait, I guess Samsung knows this as well.

My aunt bought a brand new Ferrari as a retirement gift to herself 10 years ago. It did NOT even come with a stereo, but that was not a dealbreaker, obviously. (she lives in Europe, not the US)
    06-28-2015 03:08 PM
    Then it better have a bigger screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    bigbuc likes this.
    06-28-2015 04:00 PM
    I can't see why anyone would buy a Note 5 over a S6/S6 Edge w/o removable storage or battery at this point.
    Or a Nexus phone, even. There's no reason to deal with TouchWiz, or any of the other stuff without the things that make Android phones substantially different from Apple phones.
    06-28-2015 04:12 PM
    Then it better have a bigger screen.

Posted via Android Central App
    bigbuc likes this.
    06-28-2015 04:14 PM
    I can't see why anyone would buy a Note 5 over a S6/S6 Edge w/o removable storage or battery at this point.
    Or a Nexus phone, even. There's no reason to deal with TouchWiz, or any of the other stuff without the things that make Android phones substantially different from Apple phones.
    I began buying the note series for the big screen.
    Faster processors and bigger screens lured me to the notes 2 & 3, but not 4.
    Yeah, I might consider a very discounted nexus 6 (since it's almost a year old). I've held out this long, I'm going to wait to see what the note 5 has.
    One plus two, or whatever it's called, is also on my list of phones to look at if the note 5 is a design and marketing failure.

But, how could Samsung produce another note with a bump in performance AND remove features expecting it to succeed. it's almost got to be a near 6" screen, 128GB memory will do me, I have used high capacity batteries on my notes, but I think I'm tiring of the bulk.
    USB C, is nice, and would annoy me if it's not baked in.
    I didn't buy the nexus 6 because it didn't have the microSD slot.

Why isn't the microSD accessible from the outside? Like the SIM card was on iPhone 4.

As difficult as it is to replace the cover on my note 3, there's no way I'd swap the battery a few times a day, or microSD card with frequency. Snap around and chase the new gap.
    06-29-2015 07:19 AM
    If they still have microSD expandable memory Im still in. Removable battery was always a secondary concern for me compared to that.
    06-29-2015 08:33 AM
    I began buying the note series for the big screen.
    Faster processors and bigger screens lured me to the notes 2 & 3, but not 4.
    Yeah, I might consider a very discounted nexus 6 (since it's almost a year old). I've held out this long, I'm going to wait to see what the note 5 has.
    One plus two, or whatever it's called, is also on my list of phones to look at if the note 5 is a design and marketing failure.

But, how could Samsung produce another note with a bump in performance AND remove features expecting it to succeed. it's almost got to be a near 6" screen, 128GB memory will do me, I have used high capacity batteries on my notes, but I think I'm tiring of the bulk.
    USB C, is nice, and would annoy me if it's not baked in.
    I didn't buy the nexus 6 because it didn't have the microSD slot.

Why isn't the microSD accessible from the outside? Like the SIM card was on iPhone 4.

As difficult as it is to replace the cover on my note 3, there's no way I'd swap the battery a few times a day, or microSD card with frequency. Snap around and chase the new gap.
    I think that the Sony Xperia series as well as HTC phones use the "outside accessible" model. I might retract some of the words I've typed if they allow at least that. But still....

... a baked-over S6 is not really what I'm looking for with the Note. They should just have gone ahead and made a "big S6" and gave it a different name to really align it with the iPhone, since that is what they are aiming to do.

Battery swapping really is a thing I'd do during travel where the prospect of having a charge port (i.e. at airports) is not really guaranteed. It's not a feature I use often but I would love to have.

Base, the Note 4 is a phenomenal phone. If they brought some of the other technological changes of the S6 with it I'd be cool with it. For one, I'd like to have flashlight in the notification shade.
    06-29-2015 10:29 AM
    I hope there's no more SD card slot because SD cards suck. But I also hope there's a 128gb model readily available. One I can get on my T-Mobile plan and not have to wait extra long for or special order or anything.
    06-29-2015 03:02 PM
    Who cares if it doesn't have a removable battery if it's bigger than the current one and lasts longer? Unless there's a power outage or you are just not around an outlet all day, what's the big deal? If people complain about 8 hours of screen on time not being enough, you will never please everyone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    06-29-2015 06:41 PM
    Who cares if it doesn't have a removable battery if it's bigger than the current one and lasts longer? Unless there's a power outage or you are just not around an outlet all day, what's the big deal? If people complain about 8 hours of screen on time not being enough, you will never please everyone.

My agency-issued Note 4 is used for work 100%.(in fact,
    I'm not allowed to conduct personal business on it) They
    also gave everybody 3 extra Note 4 batteries and a spare
    charger(with AC and DC plugs).

On an average work day, I swap out the Note 4's battery
    at least twice. I've gotten so good at it, I can pop open the
    back, take out the dead battery, pop the full battery in,
    replace the back cover, power on the phone all within
    60 seconds. (from popping open the back cover until the
    phone boots back up completely)

If the Note 5 has a non-removable battery, I guess I'll
    have a portable battery dangling with the phone most
    of the day.
    06-29-2015 06:54 PM
    My agency-issued Note 4 is used for work 100%.(in fact,
    I'm not allowed to conduct personal business on it) They
    also gave everybody 3 extra Note 4 batteries and a spare
    charger(with AC and DC plugs).

On an average work day, I swap out the Note 4's battery
    at least twice. I've gotten so good at it, I can pop open the
    back, take out the dead battery, pop the full battery in,
    replace the back cover, power on the phone all within
    60 seconds. (from popping open the back cover until the
    phone boots back up completely)

If the Note 5 has a non-removable battery, I guess I'll
    have a portable battery dangling with the phone most
    of the day.
    Are you near outlets at all?

06-29-2015 09:26 PM
    Nope.. i consider my Samsungs as camera with phone app.
    06-30-2015 07:58 AM
    Are you near outlets at all?

usually not.... in fact, I'm usually in areas where there are
    no cell signal from Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile.
    06-30-2015 08:32 PM
    I believe that is not just a "no", but a "hell no".

I may move to the Note 4 or Note Edge, however. As my carrier does not offer the GS5 (which is a fine phone on its own) in 32GB (the bare minimum I'd want on a phone's internal storage provided a microSD card slot is available, esp. if that phone is a Samsung), the "super user" nature of the Note is attractive to me. The Note 4 was the phone I wanted in the first place. All rumors are pointing to it being the "last great Samsung phone", but I hope that they just remain rumors.
    07-01-2015 08:50 AM
    For me it would depend on the amount of internal storage. It would have to be 128 gb. I prefer an SD card though and removable battery.
    07-01-2015 08:56 AM
    I would but if no removable battery then no.
    07-01-2015 02:03 PM
1,007 12345 ...