08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    No doom and gloom, just not for me for several reasons. There are 2 Note 4s in my household. Wifey actually wants the S6 Edge Plus but doesn't want to give up the stylus and I will look elsewhere for my next upgrade. She enjoys a stock experience and I fix the stock experience by rooting. She will move on "up" and I may just keep enjoying my Note 4 for a while.
    08-09-2015 09:43 AM
    4,100 battery? My note 4 lasted all day too. And since this has a better processor, it should even last longer.
    The battery rumors have been going back and forth.

Some say it's 4100mAh, others say it's 3000mAh.

I can only say this.

If it's running the Exynos 7420, then it's 3000mAh. If it's running the Exynos 7422, then it's 4100mAh.
    08-09-2015 09:43 AM
    Well that will be amazing news if it came with a 4,100mAH battery and hopefully it also comes with 128GB too or at least if it does only come in 32GB that it'll have a dual simcard/microSD card
    08-09-2015 09:48 AM
    I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Samsung is going to release a 32GB only Note 5 when the S6 has 32, 64, & 128 and from the Verizon leak the S6 plus will come with a 32 and 64....not sure if it'll come in 128 but I'm assuming it will.
    Right, I HIGHLY doubt this is true. I've seen other sources that there will also be a 64GB variant
    08-09-2015 10:05 AM
    I highly, HIGHLY doubt that Samsung is going to release a 32GB only Note 5 when the S6 has 32, 64, & 128 and from the Verizon leak the S6 plus will come with a 32 and 64....not sure if it'll come in 128 but I'm assuming it will.
    Right, I HIGHLY doubt this is true. I've seen other sources that there will also be a 64GB variant
    08-09-2015 10:05 AM
    4,100 battery? My note 4 lasted all day too. And since this has a better processor, it should even last longer.
    This is exactly what I am trying to tell people
    This phone, even if it has a 3000mah battery, it will last
    My Zenfone 2 has a 3000mah battery and it can last more than a day
    08-09-2015 10:07 AM
    I really don't understand a glass back. Are they trying to make it easier to break? Secondly, most people put the phone in a protective case anyway.
    To your point, I'm sure it will be a nice phone and I hope you love it.
    As for me; I need/want the SD and Removal battery so I'll find something else for my next phone.
    21stNow and Artie V like this.
    08-09-2015 10:39 AM
    I really don't understand a glass back. Are they trying to make it easier to break? Secondly, most people put the phone in a protective case anyway.
    They wanted to satisfy the crowd who cried out loud for a premium build over the past years.
    jefmoody likes this.
    08-09-2015 10:46 AM
    My Note 4 128Gb card is full at the moment. Need to take a few movies off. Don't care if the new memory style is faster. If no secure slot on the Note 5 no Note 5 for me. I'll miss the stylus.
    monsieurms and Jalopiejoe like this.
    08-09-2015 10:49 AM
    The same crowd that should put a case on it that negates the pretty glass back. Glass casing seems counterintuitive on a portable device, but if folks like it, cool.

Note 4TW! Get it? Instead of Note 4 FTW......
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-09-2015 11:34 AM
    I don't think the upgrade will be as big and unless Samsung pulls off a decent innovation I think it will be a flop. Especially if the rumored 3000mah is happening, but I feel the 4100mah is more real of a rumor.

As far as LG is concerned they have their own share of problems with the G4 right now software wise, and if they try to copycat Samsung's note interface with the pro they'll fail at that too. LG literally makes the worst software UI in the smartphone business.

I'm excited to see Samsung succeed but we'll see what tomorrow will bring.

Sent from my ZTE Axon

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-09-2015 11:56 AM
    According to my sources, the North American Variant of the Note 5 as we already know will not feature a removable battery or Micro SD card slot as well as a lack of an IR blaster. The only one that will have the Micro SD slot is the international version with dual SIM which we all know will never see the light of day in NA. As ridiculous as this might sound I've been told that the Note 5 will NOT be available in different memory sizes and that 32GB will be the ONLY option. If that is indeed the case id imagine that would be a deal breaker for all considering this phone.

Samsung, if you go ahead with this you will go against the professional aspect of this new flagship device. If I can't swap my battery on business trips, can't add removable memory for vacations and don't even have the option to buy extra memory from the get go I will not purchase your iPhone with a stylus running android.

Id rather get a G4...
    I'm with you. No microSD option, no sale. I already have a Note 4 and will stick with it. If the LG G5 (or whatever they call it) gives me what I want, along with great performance, I'll sell my Gear S and go with the LG model. Samsung may not have realized that North American users really do want replaceable batteries and microSD options. We want performance over stylish. Those who want to be stylish AND performance oriented may not want the latter choice taken away from them, especially when internal memory is limited. Anyway, me and my 128GB microSD card are getting along just fine.
    monsieurms and Artie V like this.
    08-09-2015 12:21 PM
    iPhone is iPhone, price wise most other flagships cost same as iPhone though other flagship price don't stay stable but iPhone prices does. IPhone is not about spec but experience. Once I was one of those who says iPhone have less spec etc but it's useless. What to do of 3GB RAM when apps can't run smoothly. What to do of that high clocked processors that eat battery and or comparable to iPhone chipset. IPhone does everything with little requirements. I owned a lot of flagship phones it's be nexus 6, note 4, HTC One M9, LG G4 and now S6. And I know now that these spec are nothing but showoff.
    I would disagree with your point as while you may have had all brands of phones, those were all android. Sounds as if you have switched to the iphone 6? (Not knocking the decision or questing btw) But Apple limits their "experience" to the phone or device they build. What if Samsung, LG, HTC had a crack with their devices & their specs. I think the "experience" would be vastly different. Possibly a better appreciation for both the hardware & software?

At that point, a true comparison between Apple & Samsung could be made. Right now Samsung & any other Android based device can only compete among one another.

With regard to the Note 5. I think it can still be successful based on the rumors. Of course we will not know everything until the 13th. But we have to remember that the market is saturated with niche to devices to fill everything. Not thinking we are going to see a game changing device every 6 months or year that changes everything as in the past.
    08-09-2015 01:24 PM
    I come from Note II and S4, and is very unlikely I'll get an samsung again, I'm unhappy with samsung OBVIOUS ANTICIPATED OBSOLESCENSE POLICY, they acheve in a number of ways, from neglecting OS Upgrades (my note 2 was Lollipop capable, will never get lollipop), or now neglecting the possibility to user replace the battery, while is an trend to have fixed batteries most cases those fixed batteries are service-replaceable, not the case of the S6/S6e, the MicroSD issue is manegeable if enough flash is included, the cloud or portable OTG-Pendrves allow more than enoug, so I dont complaint for SD, but battery replaceable (at least at service centre) is a deal breaker.
    Futher I Hate Samsung Personalization, Touchwhiz should be fully uninstable for those which preffer an Pure Android Experience and not that iPhone-Wannabe "experience.

Bye Bye Samsung.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    08-09-2015 04:19 PM
    I don't think the upgrade will be as big and unless Samsung pulls off a decent innovation I think it will be a flop. Especially if the rumored 3000mah is happening, but I feel the 4100mah is more real of a rumor.

As far as LG is concerned they have their own share of problems with the G4 right now software wise, and if they try to copycat Samsung's note interface with the pro they'll fail at that too. LG literally makes the worst software UI in the smartphone business.

Sent from my ZTE Axon

I use a wide variety of phones and I can tell you that even with LG's lackluster software, there's one phone that had even worse software.
    08-09-2015 09:56 PM

Sent from my ZTE Axon

Um tomorrow? Samsung won't reveal the new devices until the 13th, unless they changed the date. Anybody?
    08-09-2015 10:49 PM
    Um tomorrow? Samsung won't reveal the new devices until the 13th, unless they changed the date. Anybody?
    No they didn't change the date, it's the 13th still

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!
    08-10-2015 12:09 AM
    Are you near outlets at all?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    No one wants to be stuck tethered to an outlet, even with fast charging...I'm fine with the portable battery option if the removable battery is not available.
    08-10-2015 03:23 AM
    Hasn't it ever occurred to any of the people who keep claiming that SD cards have a major impact on sales in the hundreds of SD card threads we have, that there's not a shred of evidence to support that claim?
    You mean, other than the people in this thread and others declaring that they're done with Samsung or this was one of the key reasons they chose Samsung in the first place? Like me.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-10-2015 06:59 AM
    You mean, other than the people in this thread and others declaring that they're done with Samsung or this was one of the key reasons they chose Samsung in the first place? Like me.
    Let the masses SPEAK! If no sd slot, the Note 5 will live off of two months of BS inventory load-in numbers and hyperbole from Samsung and then reality of actual consumer sales will kick in. I forecast for a living and do well at it (well, that or luck) and think we have a decent sample to extrapolate from. Based on polls and the aggregate results of people posting here and other forum and media sites, the majority will either not get the Note 5 without an sd slot, or are not happy. The overall weight of mix though is in the "not getting it" camp (40% is appears the average). The sample is significant, regardless of how folks may want to say otherwise.

Even if we say people on these sites are biased due to more tech aware, that still does not null the impact. Samsung would see at least 15% of a sales impact for loss of the sd slot. Bank on it, or in Samsung's case- deny for as long as they can with their recalcitrant mobile leadership team that is very heavy with marketing influence. They would blame the iPhone, but that part of the marginal sales loss trend has essentially already taken place. Samsung would completely own this part of the loss- just as they do with the S6 (a smaller scale of what the Note 5 would be).

"Would" is key word until the specs are really confirmed.
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-10-2015 08:11 AM
    That glass back makes the 5 look like a toy.
    08-10-2015 08:44 AM
    That glass back makes the 5 look like a toy.
    No it's not! It looks professional, iPhone like and high end! Well, until you put a case on it and makes no difference. The "bonus" is when you drop it you get a really cool spider web effect all over your phone- just like the iPhone
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    08-10-2015 09:15 AM
    Let the masses SPEAK! If no sd slot, the Note 5 will live off of two months of BS inventory load-in numbers and hyperbole from Samsung and then reality of actual consumer sales will kick in. I forecast for a living and do well at it (well, that or luck) and think we have a decent sample to extrapolate from. Based on polls and the aggregate results of people posting here and other forum and media sites, the majority will either not get the Note 5 without an sd slot, or are not happy. The overall weight of mix though is in the "not getting it" camp (40% is appears the average). The sample is significant, regardless of how folks may want to say otherwise.

Even if we say people on these sites are biased due to more tech aware, that still does not null the impact. Samsung would see at least 15% of a sales impact for loss of the sd slot. Bank on it, or in Samsung's case- deny for as long as they can with their recalcitrant mobile leadership team that is very heavy with marketing influence. They would blame the iPhone, but that part of the marginal sales loss trend has essentially already taken place. Samsung would completely own this part of the loss- just as they do with the S6 (a smaller scale of what the Note 5 would be).

"Would" is key word until the specs are really confirmed.
    With the numerous factors in play, it's a pretty huge leap of faith to speculate which ones were responsible for sales numbers. More specifically:
    "Based on polls and the aggregate results of people posting here and other forum and media sites, the majority will either not get the Note 5 without an sd slot, or are not happy"
    How many participants have you counted in those polls? Or the people posting? What was the sample size? 10,000 or so? I think around 10,000 if you added them all and combined them is probably generous. On top of that, where is this "Based on polls and the aggregate results of people posting here and other forum and media sites" in the first place? I've yet to see this done anywhere. Out of how many tens of millions of potential buyers? That's not a drop in a bucket, it's a drop in an ocean. Let's say for arguments sake you respond that I'm not counting people who feel that way but haven't commented about it anywhere. Ok so.. what's the number? How do you even begin trying to quantify that? The answer is you can't. It's pure speculation based on enormous and vague guesswork standing on an ethereal foundation.

Edit:

I'm not actually arguing the impact of MicroSD cards on smartphone sales so much as the method you used to arrive at your conclusions. I far more compelling argument for you to make would have been to show me some real numbers. For example, this link is to news has been published by SanDisk that this company has now shipped over 2,000,000,000 microSD cards since they started selling 10 years prior. A compelling argument could be made by you from that, but further study would need to be done on other points:

• How many were sold, not shipped
    • How many were purchased for smartphones compared to other devices
    • How many buyers would allow the availability of SD affect their purchase decision (that's the tough one right there)
    08-10-2015 09:19 AM
    Me too! I'll take my 128 GB MicroSD and go to the LG G4 if what I hear about the Note 5 is true. 5 Years of loyalty to Samsung is about to quickly end on August 13th...

Get the essentials you need—and more (About the LG - G4)

Stay charged with the long-lasting removable 3,000 mAh battery and a battery saver function that helps to extend the life of your phone by turning off non-essential features. Get more storage with a microSD slot for up to 200 GB of extra space†. Experience quick multitasking, smooth graphics and fast app performance with the optimized 1.8 GHz hexa-core processor.
    08-10-2015 09:21 AM
    Oh yeah, and still not water proof? Bye.
    08-10-2015 09:32 AM
1,007 ... 3435363738 ...