08-13-2015 10:10 AM
1,007 ... 23456 ...
tools
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/07...esign-details/

Looks like sd storage is definately gone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-02-2015 03:57 AM
    Eh! LG G4 rules then!
    Frack samsung
    07-02-2015 04:41 AM
    Soo disappointed why make a bigger S6 with a pen? Yes it will have USB C, and a bigger battery etc but I'm sorry looks like I'm out, time to maybe go to LG or maybe Nexus range from here on in just for the stock android experience and speedy updates!

07-02-2015 04:57 AM
    I have the Note 3 and am looking to upgrade. I carry two spare batteries with me at all times (used both of them the other day when I played golf) and have a 128GB sd card. If Samsung ditches either one of these I will be looking for a different manufacturer. I am not paying them for a 128GB storage phone when I already have it, and not having a spare battery is not an option. I dumped HTC for Samsung when the EVO lost the replaceable battery, so it looks like I will be doing it again with Samsung unless these rumors turn out to not be true.
    msndrstood and Sammuel1973 like this.
    07-02-2015 09:09 AM
    If recent report are true then no, it will not have expandable storage or removable battery. Which makes me very sad and upset

Galaxy Note 5 Images Leak, Will Anger Users - Forbes

If this is for real and the Note 5 is going without replaceable battery, then I'm in the market to switch. Here's hoping that the rumors of an LG Note competitor this fall are true. If they duplicate the G4 in small bezel, swappable battery, and SD expansion, I'll jump ship.

If LG does not come forth, then I'll be forced to make some sort of compromise of either a less functional Note 5 with S-pen, more functional G4 albeit without S-pen, or something else. I have been a pretty big promoter of Samsung's functionality over the years, but will be sad if the pop culture vision takes over fully there.
    07-02-2015 04:58 PM
    I wish for a note competitor also by LG.
    07-02-2015 08:28 PM
    I'll keep you my Note 3 since the Note 5 won't have the Two most important specs anymore . DUMB MOVE by the way. Anyway, as I was saying I'll keep Note 3 for as long as I can , but I'd love if other brands went the Note series with a Pen. THAT would be awesome because if a competitive device had both SD Card and removable battery with a built in Pen, then I'm Sold!
    07-03-2015 12:50 AM
    WHAT IF!

the note comes with 256GB built in storage !
    07-03-2015 08:17 AM
    I'm curious, so many, including myself, sound in despair, should the note 5 miss an SD card or battery.
    If the worst happens what are you going to buy?
    07-03-2015 08:20 AM
    WHAT IF!

the note comes with 256GB built in storage !
    What if the price was so overpriced? Lol
    07-03-2015 08:42 AM
    This is how I see it, I believe they will sell well. Most of the consumers only see Samsung and Apple. A lot of people when they ask me what is going to be my next phone I say lg g4 note or whatever the premium device is or note five. They usually say lg makes phones? They must not be good. But they don't know cuz of the lack of marketing.
    07-03-2015 01:48 PM
    I wish for a note competitor also by LG.
    This would be great, but I doubt the software would be anywhere close to what Samsung has now. It took them a few tries before it got great, for the Note line.
    07-03-2015 03:33 PM
    I take tons of photos so no sd card slot would be a deal breaker for me.
    07-07-2015 08:04 PM
    I can live without an SD card slot so I would say yes.
    Exactly my answer. I actually got used to not having an SD Card. People need to start using cloud services. Easier to use than SD Cards, and pics can be transferred and accessed faster than a MicroSD card. I've had times where my MicroSD card crashes.

Personally I have 2 phones, and my other phone (Asus Zenphone 2) has the SD Card, which I only use for music now because all my photos are saved on Google Drive
    07-08-2015 10:58 AM
    I will use my older backup phones / iPod for music.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    07-08-2015 11:32 AM
    Exactly my answer. I actually got used to not having an SD Card. People need to start using cloud services. Easier to use than SD Cards, and pics can be transferred and accessed faster than a MicroSD card. I've had times where my MicroSD card crashes.

Personally I have 2 phones, and my other phone (Asus Zenphone 2) has the SD Card, which I only use for music now because all my photos are saved on Google Drive
    Cloud services are 100% toilet for regular use w/o ubiquitous wifi. And without a reliable network connection, the cloud service becomes useless. Meanwhile, you can always retrieve from physical storage barring a physical defect. They're better for backup, not for access.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    07-08-2015 02:26 PM
    I have had very few if any issues using cloud services for all my work files, pictures, and music. If I'm going to be in bad service area I just download the files needed for that time and I'm good to go. Best part is no matter what device I'm using phone, tablet, or PC all my files are easily accessible.

I will miss having spare memory for storing backed up ROMs and backed up apps among other rooting necessities. But I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    07-08-2015 03:41 PM
    I have had very few if any issues using cloud services for all my work files, pictures, and music. If I'm going to be in bad service area I just download the files needed for that time and I'm good to go.
    That's the thing though, it's an unnecessary step to download files when files can be easily be stored and retrieved locally via SD card. I fly a lot for business, and it's way convenient to kill time watching a 2 hr movie on my phone; I can't do that if my movies are stored in the cloud.
    07-08-2015 10:08 PM
    Add to that the huge amount of memory required for RAW photos...
    07-09-2015 05:25 AM
    Cloud services are 100% toilet for regular use w/o ubiquitous wifi. And without a reliable network connection, the cloud service becomes useless. Meanwhile, you can always retrieve from physical storage barring a physical defect. They're better for backup, not for access.
    Good point, but one should not back up photos to cloud and delete everything off their phone. I know with me, I back up to Google Drive, but I don't delete the pics off my phone, so if I am not on wifi or what not, I can still access my pics.

I have had a bad experience with SD cards automatically ejecting from the phone without me doing anything, and could not access anything on my SD Card at all. I think both have benefits and drawbacks.
    07-09-2015 08:19 AM
    That's the thing though, it's an unnecessary step to download files when files can be easily be stored and retrieved locally via SD card. I fly a lot for business, and it's way convenient to kill time watching a 2 hr movie on my phone; I can't do that if my movies are stored in the cloud.
    It depends though on the situation
    If you are on the go, and your files are stored on the cloud, you can download or view them while you are on the move, which has been pretty helpful in my case

However, if you are in no rush, and you want to wait by the computer for files to download on the SD Card, you can do that. Of course you can always download files on your SD Card before you go somewhere

I know I have been in situations where I am out and about, and not near my PC where my movie and picture files are stored. However, since my files are on the cloud, I can easily show them to people when I'm on the elevator or some restaurant or somewhere
    07-09-2015 08:30 AM
    I know I have been in situations where I am out and about, and not near my PC where my movie and picture files are stored. However, since my files are on the cloud, I can easily show them to people when I'm on the elevator or some restaurant or somewhere
    I guess it's a matter of personal preference then. For me, I don't use my PC to download, store, or retrieve media files; they are all stored in my Note 4 via my sd card for quick easy access. When my internet is down or when I get inconsistent wireless signals, my sd card comes handy in the plane, basement, elevator, countryside, etc. I don't need to log into a cloud account. Easy breezy
    07-09-2015 10:16 AM
    I guess it's a matter of personal preference then. For me, I don't use my PC to download, store, or retrieve media files; they are all stored in my Note 4 via my sd card for quick easy access. When my internet is down or when I get inconsistent wireless signals, my sd card comes handy in the plane, basement, elevator, countryside, etc. I don't need to log into a cloud account. Easy breezy
    So you store almost 100% of your files on your SD Card?
    07-09-2015 10:18 AM
    So you store almost 100% of your files on your SD Card?
    Mostly yes. When I do my once a year PC cleaning, I copy & transfer important media files to 2 separate 2TB external drives. As of now, I have 2 64 gb and 1 128 gb sd cards (I have yet to use the 2nd 64 gb and 128 gb). External drives and sd cards have become much cheaper now than 5 yrs ago.

Cloud services are not as reliable and efficient the way I would like them to be yet, for me. Imo, they are just a marketing ploy from makers to gauge money from consumers. They spin it in a way to claim superior engineering to makers that continue to make phones with the sd card and removable battery option.

SD card and removable battery equal freedom. This is all my opinion of course.
    07-09-2015 11:12 AM
    When I fly which is just a couple times a year I purchase a movie from Google Play and download it to my tablet the day before. I don't own many movies but if did own a bunch of movies then a sdcard would be handy.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:14 AM
1,007 ... 23456 ...