Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I assumed the S6 would but I also wasn't surprised that it went away -- The Note is more geared towards "power users" and a hot swap battery / SD card definitely fits that market.

I'm thinking they'll keep the removable battery, but maybe not the SD card. But also, with the new SD card stuff coming in M who knows.

evo4g63t

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
Absolute deal breaker to me, if I want an iPhone I'd buy an iPhone.

These kinds of tactics are greed at its finest, its a way to force users to buy a new phone if they run low on space or need a new battery.

There is no other reason, elegance is not an excuse. They can make a solid product that still has the removable back.
It's already a strike against Samsung for doing it to the S series, the world doesn't need another Apple.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Absolute deal breaker to me, if I want an iPhone I'd buy an iPhone.

These kinds of tactics are greed at its finest, its a way to force users to buy a new phone if they run low on space or need a new battery.

There is no other reason, elegance is not an excuse. They can make a solid product that still has the removable back.
It's already a strike against Samsung for doing it to the S series, the world doesn't need another Apple.

Right. Not every user wants to be a slave to a clone of Apple. I Like choices and customization.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: If this is 100% accurate, it will have removable battery /storage

I can see this coming true.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

The removable battery is a positive. But going to 5.9 inches. .. that'll be quite an increase from my S4.

I thought the Note 4 was about at the 'outer limits' of size for me... and I have med-large hands.

The IPhone 6+ I've handled and have found it HUGE... and usually with my phones... carry in a leather belt holster.

Yes, the larger screens are fantastic for viewing. I also use the phone as my primary... phone in business.

Bottom line...are the phone mfgers now in a 'size race with each other?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Since I have a 4,200 mAh extended battery in my S3, a 4,100 mAh battery would be welcomed in the next Note. Granted, big difference between 720P and QHD in terms of the screen it would power, but I may be willing to take a shot, assuming the standby time is good, and TouchWiz keeps getting lighter still.

Posted via the Android Central App

n-strike

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

The IPhone 6+ I've handled and have found it HUGE... and usually with my phones... carry in a leather belt holster.

You do realise that Apple does a terrible job at slimming their bezels down. The Nexus 6 is about the same height as the i6+ while having a 0.5" larger display, and the Note 4 is even shorter than it while still having a larger screen.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

One of the reason I hated the S6 is that it doesn't have an SD slot.
There are no confirmations if Samsung will keep or not an SD slot on the Note 5.
If it won't have one, will you anyway upgrade your Note 4, Note Edge to the 5?
Personally I didn't buy a 64GB SD Turbo to throw it, so if the Note 5 doesn't have an SD slot it's a total NO for me

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

I can live without an SD card slot so I would say yes.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I probably won't upgrade, but no SD card wouldn't be a deal breaker. I don't use it on my Note 4 at all, and I still have 16-17GB of the 32 that it came with.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Not using one at the moment. Would strongly prefer to have one available, because needs change over time. But I could live without it if it became completely unavailable on the Note series. I could use an OTG for those rare occasions when I need to move large amounts of data onto or off of the phone.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Not a deal breaker for me. I would like one sure, but if other design features that require a non-removable back cover offset the lost flexibility I'm okay with it. I'm coming up on 2 years with my 32GB LG G2 and never once was I strapped for storage space nor need to swap a battery. Everyone has different needs/desires though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca