Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I can't see why anyone would buy a Note 5 over a S6/S6 Edge w/o removable storage or battery at this point.
Or a Nexus phone, even. There's no reason to deal with TouchWiz, or any of the other stuff without the things that make Android phones substantially different from Apple phones.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't see why anyone would buy a Note 5 over a S6/S6 Edge w/o removable storage or battery at this point.
Or a Nexus phone, even. There's no reason to deal with TouchWiz, or any of the other stuff without the things that make Android phones substantially different from Apple phones.
I began buying the note series for the big screen.
Faster processors and bigger screens lured me to the notes 2 & 3, but not 4.
Yeah, I might consider a very discounted nexus 6 (since it's almost a year old). I've held out this long, I'm going to wait to see what the note 5 has.
One plus two, or whatever it's called, is also on my list of phones to look at if the note 5 is a design and marketing failure.

But, how could Samsung produce another note with a bump in performance AND remove features expecting it to succeed. it's almost got to be a near 6" screen, 128GB memory will do me, I have used high capacity batteries on my notes, but I think I'm tiring of the bulk.
USB C, is nice, and would annoy me if it's not baked in.
I didn't buy the nexus 6 because it didn't have the microSD slot.

Why isn't the microSD accessible from the outside? Like the SIM card was on iPhone 4.

As difficult as it is to replace the cover on my note 3, there's no way I'd swap the battery a few times a day, or microSD card with frequency. Snap around and chase the new gap.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I began buying the note series for the big screen.
Faster processors and bigger screens lured me to the notes 2 & 3, but not 4.
Yeah, I might consider a very discounted nexus 6 (since it's almost a year old). I've held out this long, I'm going to wait to see what the note 5 has.
One plus two, or whatever it's called, is also on my list of phones to look at if the note 5 is a design and marketing failure.

But, how could Samsung produce another note with a bump in performance AND remove features expecting it to succeed. it's almost got to be a near 6" screen, 128GB memory will do me, I have used high capacity batteries on my notes, but I think I'm tiring of the bulk.
USB C, is nice, and would annoy me if it's not baked in.
I didn't buy the nexus 6 because it didn't have the microSD slot.

Why isn't the microSD accessible from the outside? Like the SIM card was on iPhone 4.

As difficult as it is to replace the cover on my note 3, there's no way I'd swap the battery a few times a day, or microSD card with frequency. Snap around and chase the new gap.

I think that the Sony Xperia series as well as HTC phones use the "outside accessible" model. I might retract some of the words I've typed if they allow at least that. But still....

... a baked-over S6 is not really what I'm looking for with the Note. They should just have gone ahead and made a "big S6" and gave it a different name to really align it with the iPhone, since that is what they are aiming to do.

Battery swapping really is a thing I'd do during travel where the prospect of having a charge port (i.e. at airports) is not really guaranteed. It's not a feature I use often but I would love to have.

Base, the Note 4 is a phenomenal phone. If they brought some of the other technological changes of the S6 with it I'd be cool with it. For one, I'd like to have flashlight in the notification shade.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope there's no more SD card slot because SD cards suck. But I also hope there's a 128gb model readily available. One I can get on my T-Mobile plan and not have to wait extra long for or special order or anything.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: leaked Note 5 rugged case diagram suggest that the Note 5 will NOT have removable battery. :(

Who cares if it doesn't have a removable battery if it's bigger than the current one and lasts longer? Unless there's a power outage or you are just not around an outlet all day, what's the big deal? If people complain about 8 hours of screen on time not being enough, you will never please everyone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: leaked Note 5 rugged case diagram suggest that the Note 5 will NOT have removable battery. :(

Who cares if it doesn't have a removable battery if it's bigger than the current one and lasts longer? Unless there's a power outage or you are just not around an outlet all day, what's the big deal? If people complain about 8 hours of screen on time not being enough, you will never please everyone.

My agency-issued Note 4 is used for work 100%.(in fact,
I'm not allowed to conduct personal business on it) They
also gave everybody 3 extra Note 4 batteries and a spare
charger(with AC and DC plugs).

On an average work day, I swap out the Note 4's battery
at least twice. I've gotten so good at it, I can pop open the
back, take out the dead battery, pop the full battery in,
replace the back cover, power on the phone all within
60 seconds. (from popping open the back cover until the
phone boots back up completely)

If the Note 5 has a non-removable battery, I guess I'll
have a portable battery dangling with the phone most
of the day. :D

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

My agency-issued Note 4 is used for work 100%.(in fact,
I'm not allowed to conduct personal business on it) They
also gave everybody 3 extra Note 4 batteries and a spare
charger(with AC and DC plugs).

On an average work day, I swap out the Note 4's battery
at least twice. I've gotten so good at it, I can pop open the
back, take out the dead battery, pop the full battery in,
replace the back cover, power on the phone all within
60 seconds. (from popping open the back cover until the
phone boots back up completely)

If the Note 5 has a non-removable battery, I guess I'll
have a portable battery dangling with the phone most
of the day. :D
Are you near outlets at all?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Are you near outlets at all?

usually not.... in fact, I'm usually in areas where there are
no cell signal from Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

I believe that is not just a "no", but a "hell no".

I may move to the Note 4 or Note Edge, however. As my carrier does not offer the GS5 (which is a fine phone on its own) in 32GB (the bare minimum I'd want on a phone's internal storage provided a microSD card slot is available, esp. if that phone is a Samsung), the "super user" nature of the Note is attractive to me. The Note 4 was the phone I wanted in the first place. All rumors are pointing to it being the "last great Samsung phone", but I hope that they just remain rumors.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

For me it would depend on the amount of internal storage. It would have to be 128 gb. I prefer an SD card though and removable battery.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I would but if no removable battery then no.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Soo disappointed why make a bigger S6 with a pen? Yes it will have USB C, and a bigger battery etc but I'm sorry looks like I'm out, time to maybe go to LG or maybe Nexus range from here on in just for the stock android experience and speedy updates!

Posted via the Android Central App

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and am looking to upgrade. I carry two spare batteries with me at all times (used both of them the other day when I played golf) and have a 128GB sd card. If Samsung ditches either one of these I will be looking for a different manufacturer. I am not paying them for a 128GB storage phone when I already have it, and not having a spare battery is not an option. I dumped HTC for Samsung when the EVO lost the replaceable battery, so it looks like I will be doing it again with Samsung unless these rumors turn out to not be true.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
If recent report are true then no, it will not have expandable storage or removable battery. Which makes me very sad and upset

Galaxy Note 5 Images Leak, Will Anger Users - Forbes

Posted via the Android Central App

If this is for real and the Note 5 is going without replaceable battery, then I'm in the market to switch. Here's hoping that the rumors of an LG Note competitor this fall are true. If they duplicate the G4 in small bezel, swappable battery, and SD expansion, I'll jump ship.

If LG does not come forth, then I'll be forced to make some sort of compromise of either a less functional Note 5 with S-pen, more functional G4 albeit without S-pen, or something else. I have been a pretty big promoter of Samsung's functionality over the years, but will be sad if the pop culture vision takes over fully there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol