Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Those thinking of moving to the Note 5...

After just having lost 7 years of memories on my SD card to a water damaged note edge, I've come to the realization that cloud storage is definitely the way to go. Just downloaded dropbox on my new note 4 and don't even think I'll buy another sd card. For those of you who feel I should've backed up all my pictures and videos you're absolutely right; I just never thought the damn thing could get ruined after so long. LESSON LEARNED!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Well aware of both your points but it comes down to touchwiz. Touchwiz is only worth dealing with for the advantages of removable battery an expandable storage. If I loose that why deal with this heavy laggy skin when I can go to andriod as it was meant to be and be on the latest version of Andriod when it's released.
The LG gives you the removable back, replaceable battery and microSD card storage option, and doesn't have TouchWiz. Just a thought. I do recommend you check it out before making your decision.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Forthepie

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I don't mind the battery, My note 2 is getting to the point where the battery needs a bit of help to get through the day, but I have chargers all over. The SD card is an issue because I like to have my music on my phone for playing instead of streaming it. But, I see the future and the future is no SD cards. Oh well.

My problem is no phone out right now makes me have that Have to Have feeling. I like the Note, but I am waiting to see what the Note 5 has. I might move to the G4, I don't know.:-\

Rogue Tomato

Banned
Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Well aware of both your points but it comes down to touchwiz. Touchwiz is only worth dealing with for the advantages of removable battery an expandable storage. If I loose that why deal with this heavy laggy skin when I can go to andriod as it was meant to be and be on the latest version of Andriod when it's released.

I don't get all the Touchwiz hate. People love to say it's bloated. Bloated with what? It has maybe ONE more feature than the almost feature-free Google Now launcher. I have yet to see even one person say what needs to be removed from Touchwiz so that it wouldn't be bloated. And it's not like you are required to use the Touchwiz launcher. I don't like it, and I don't use it (I use Smart Launcher Pro 3). But I know people who love it. Each to his own. Yes, I know Touchwiz is more than the launcher -- but, again, what exactly would you remove to make it less bloated?

I have seen people complain about that Samsung phones are bloated with apps you can't uninstall, and they have a point. I uninstall the ones I don't like since I'm rooted. However, even a non-rooted user can disable the apps and use their favorites instead. A disabled app doesn't run, so it doesn't interfere with the performance of the phone. It only takes up a little storage space, and usually hardly any at that.

Frank Cabello

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

Really I don't see the big deal. Who can honestly say the have over 32 gigs of data on their phone. I can maybe see an extra battery but no. They're are other storage options. Clouds, computers, etc. There's even Bluetooth memory sticks now. If you want to stay with caveman technology be my guest.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I can honestly say I have over 30 gigs of music alone. 3 hour commute and no I do not have an unlimited plan. Love Droid TV and download all the shows I like to watch either on the phone or cast to my tv, probably another 10 gigs. All in over 50 gigs on my Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't get all the Touchwiz hate. People love to say it's bloated. Bloated with what? It has maybe ONE more feature than the almost feature-free Google Now launcher. I have yet to see even one person say what needs to be removed from Touchwiz so that it wouldn't be bloated. And it's not like you are required to use the Touchwiz launcher. I don't like it, and I don't use it (I use Smart Launcher Pro 3). But I know people who love it. Each to his own. Yes, I know Touchwiz is more than the launcher -- but, again, what exactly would you remove to make it less bloated?

I have seen people complain about that Samsung phones are bloated with apps you can't uninstall, and they have a point. I uninstall the ones I don't like since I'm rooted. However, even a non-rooted user can disable the apps and use their favorites instead. A disabled app doesn't run, so it doesn't interfere with the performance of the phone. It only takes up a little storage space, and usually hardly any at that.

Never said any thing about bloat said heavy and laggy skin which it is. I avoid it by using Nova but it's still there waiting in the background. I like my note 4 and will keep it as long as I'm happy with it but now that I've been exposed to andriod I can see why people don't like Samsung phones. And for those who say my phone doesn't lag are just use to how the phone acts. And don't get me started about Samsung any the carriers locking the boot loaders on these phones. So yes take away the good, removable battery and expandable storage, and I no longer see the point of dealing with touchwiz/Samsung.

Devon Pickett1

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site

pretty sure the note 5 is going to be awesqome. NON removable battery.....who cares when u have quick wireleess charging on an already big battery. PLus they are saying that battery consumption on android m is gonna be perfect. PLus a new fingerprint scanner on an already great phone really wish that google had collaberated with samsung to do this years nexus in the note 5 that would have been historic samsung getting released with the newest version of android but ahhhh well. n non removable storage.... i guess there are plenty of cloud options that make all things easily accessible i have no photos really stored on my 32 gb htc m7 but if i wanted any of em they are right in the g cloud ready to be downloaded movies and all. so what is the need for expandable storage in a google photos unlimited world its kinda like whats the need for a police force when there is justice league unlimited. But im really more excited about the new nexus. it is definitely gonna be the note 5's biggest contender

TheCyberpunk

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

NO. The lack of SD card is deal breaker. I will buy the new Apple. Do not
misunderstand me. I have supported Samsung forever and ten years. The
Sammy phone that I still own are Galaxy Epic 4G, S2, S3, S5 Note2, 3 ,4
and the Moment. I also have the first touch screen Samsung released with
Android 1.3 Cupcake. rPersonally I am very sad. The SD card is very important
for flash-a-holics like myself. Now I have to learn a new language and jailbreak
the OS. What the heelllll was Samsung thinking. I dont like the direction Mr.Shin
is taking the company.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

for flash-a-holics like myself. Now I have to learn a new language and jailbreak
the OS. What the heelllll was Samsung thinking. I dont like the direction Mr.Shin
is taking the company.

Why not getting an HTC M9 or LG G4? They have SD Slot.
apple phones = no sd card, no BT sharing files, no custom roms, no personalization...you will get bored about a week later

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

The M9 camera is horrible. Although it is receiving 5.1.1 to help in low light. Anyone have the G4 to give any feedback on their experiences with it?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

is taking the company.

What's the point of going apple if they both have no SD card?

mykey2k

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site

Definitely a deal-killer to go to the Note 5 if they do away with those things.

I have the ZeroLemon 10Ah battery that sometimes lasts me an entire 16-20 hour day in the field. For me, moving around so much, it is not feasible to carry around a battery pack, and I don't have the luxury of having chargers strategically placed for a quick 10-minute top-up.

I also have a 128GB card to hold documents, videos, pictures. If that was in The Cloud, then I would be using a ton more data than I am already. Sure, my carrier would love the extra cash, but I would hate giving it to them.

I've had the Note, Note II and Note 3 as well. The Note 4 will be the end of Samsung getting my money if they don't give me what I need.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Honestly why cant we really have both? Why is it either Amazing Build Quality or Removable battery/SD Card? I understand the difficulty with a removable battery having the back a glass panel but why remove the SD Card? I did not understand that in the S6. It just seems like its a pure profit only kind of move so we can charge the increase for storage.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

What's the point of going apple if they both have no SD card?

Because the Apple IOS is much slicker, smoother and more optimised for longer battery life. All things being equal (all handsets not having removable battery or SD card), a whole new world of choice is open to the buyer. We're not compelled to buy Samsung because they've effectively levelled the playing field.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Because the Apple IOS is much slicker, smoother and more optimised for longer battery life. All things being equal (all handsets not having removable battery or SD card), a whole new world of choice is open to the buyer. We're not compelled to buy Samsung because they've effectively levelled the playing field.

I think he meant more on the lines of why go to Apple if you want those things when there are other Android manufactures (other than just Samsung) who have those things (SD card / removable battery).

I also disagree with it being a "much slicker, smoother" experience. I used an iPhone 6+ for a few months and now I am using an LG G4 .. I never once have said "I wish my G4 was as fast as my iPhone 6+". Both are smooth / great phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781