Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint Note 5 details an EXT SD capped out at 128gb in specs

I don't think they'd go away from removable storage for the Note line, but the truth is, SD Cards are just not that reliable! And Sammy either doesn't know how to work with SD cards or they just plain hate them, because most of their phones that do support them have a nasty habit of corrupting/frying them at some point.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
After reading so much I couldn't resist to write a comment. Please don't take this as an offense anyone it is strictly my opinion.

I'm so tired of reading comments, " oh no removable battery, no sd card I'm going to LG" or something along those lines. It is a matter of time until LG does away with those things. Honestly most of you are hypocrites, first you complained Samsung has cheap design, once they make a good one, all of you complain no removable back no sd. What do you want? Make up your mind? You cant have all at the same time. Want removable back? Like your phone to be nice and squeaky? Go and buy some Chinese knock-off phone and be happy. Surely there will be plenty of people who will prefer design (Apple and many others get away with it).

I much rather carry a power bank (plus wireless charger at work) because it's dirt cheap now, than 2 batteries and a wall charger for them, fiddle around with the back, which will waken with time of constantly opening and closing it. Its 2015 not 2008.
Now for SD cards, I much rather have 64 GB or more internal memory than 32 GB + SD. Internal memory is always going to be faster, even Google steers away from it saying it slows down interface. Most of the apps can't be transferred to SD card now, even if they could be or big chunky videos take some time to load if you have a lot of them.
Last time I used SD card was in S2 and it died on me, completely, nothing would even read it. All the videos and photos I had gone forever. At the moment I use Nokia 930 32 GB and HTC One 32 GB and I'm totally fine with it as it is. I sync all my stuff when I get home.
Samsung pleased you many many times already, let them for once do something different something they want and others wont. Removable back means no wireless charging, if that is the case it is a NO go for me straight away and I have to go for S6 Edge then. However I really want a note, everything seemed fine up until now. Also SD card means they won't implement new faster memory controller (as Samsung said before it is not compatible).

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
After reading so much I couldn't resist to write a comment. Please don't take this as an offense anyone it is strictly my opinion.

I'm so tired of reading comments, " oh no removable battery, no sd card I'm going to LG" or something along those lines. It is a matter of time until LG does away with those things. Honestly most of you are hypocrites, first you complained Samsung has cheap design, once they make a good one, all of you complain no removable back no sd. What do you want? Make up your mind? You cant have all at the same time. Want removable back? Like your phone to be nice and squeaky? Go and buy some Chinese knock-off phone and be happy. Surely there will be plenty of people who will prefer design (Apple and many others get away with it).

I much rather carry a power bank (plus wireless charger at work) because it's dirt cheap now, than 2 batteries and a wall charger for them, fiddle around with the back, which will waken with time of constantly opening and closing it. Its 2015 not 2008.
Now for SD cards, I much rather have 64 GB or more internal memory than 32 GB + SD. Internal memory is always going to be faster, even Google steers away from it saying it slows down interface. Most of the apps can't be transferred to SD card now, even if they could be or big chunky videos take some time to load if you have a lot of them.
Last time I used SD card was in S2 and it died on me, completely, nothing would even read it. All the videos and photos I had gone forever. At the moment I use Nokia 930 32 GB and HTC One 32 GB and I'm totally fine with it as it is. I sync all my stuff when I get home.
Samsung pleased you many many times already, let them for once do something different something they want and others wont. Removable back means no wireless charging, if that is the case it is a NO go for me straight away and I have to go for S6 Edge then. However I really want a note, everything seemed fine up until now. Also SD card means they won't implement new faster memory controller (as Samsung said before it is not compatible).

You lost all credibility with me when you put 'fiddle around with the back' it's takes less that 30 secs to change a battery? not much fiddling involved! and that is quicker than any quick charge or wireless charging it's practically a instant 100 charge! and now it's being done away with?

You are happy for these great 2015 charging options that are slower or require you to be wall hugging (remember that quote Samsung?) Oh yeah mocking apple users? then you go do the exact same thing!

Think I'd rather have the 2008 options than the 2015 options!

My main problem with the battery situation is after a year the battery loses its full charge and then starts degrading then your stuck with a brick!

Bottom line is Samsung are actually becoming scared of Apple, so much so they are planning on moving the Note 4 unveiling forward till August as they are scared to launch near the iPhone!

Someone needs to tell them they will never ever come close to matching Apple! they aren't even in the same league (Apples customer service murders Samsungs)

Posted via the Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There are 3 major threads where this sort of duplicate conversation has taken place lately:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/499248-please-samsung-don-t-do-note-5-a.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...k-no-removable-batter-microsd-good-thing.html

I'm losing track of where I said what. ;) I look back on this thread and there are some 50 unread posts in a short time! ;) Here's a summary. You know what they really come down to most of the time:

People have different needs, different circumstances, different ways of wanting to use and organize their high-end computers, which is what these phones now are. And some people don't realize that their needs don't reflect everyone's needs.

I would never say that everyone needs a removable battery or sd card. It's rare that EVERYONE needs EVERY high-end feature these powerful computers now offer. I do say that I have good and real reasons for wanting them and making them deal breaker issues, and they will continue to be deal breakers for me. Samsung can do what it wants. I will move on to different vendors when it is next time to upgrade. Finis

Last edited:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm so tired of reading comments, " oh no removable battery, no sd card I'm going to LG" or something along those lines. It is a matter of time until LG does away with those things. Honestly most of you are hypocrites, first you complained Samsung has cheap design, once they make a good one, all of you complain no removable back no sd.

Blah blah blah
Note 4. Period.

from the Elegance

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
^ That is Sprint's version. I saw that on www.sammobile.com YESTERDAY. NOTHING is Official from Samsung, so take THAT pic above with a grain of salt.

Update- Sorry, I Know I saw that pic on AC homepage or another forum , and confused it with another article from sammobile.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This is how the Note 5 SHOULD look.

888434a28dbca9871016dc21f2577a2e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12