Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious how you're defining "auto-eject", which could be interpreted different ways. Many of the images that have shown the S-pen spot show it with a flush cover. How is the pen removed then if it doesn't have a push mechanism similar to a pen top? Or is there a more classic stylus notch?

As far as I have seen, all of the "images" online showing the bottom of the device have been renders and not actual pics of the device. I just wouldn't put too much stock in it not having a more traditional mechanism to remove the stylus

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
As far as I have seen, all of the "images" online showing the bottom of the device have been renders and not actual pics of the device. I just wouldn't put too much stock in it not having a more traditional mechanism to remove the stylus

From my experience, the case renders are pretty much accurate in terms of how the phone will actually look. It was the same with the S5 and S6 case renders that were shown before the phone actually released and ended up looking the same. I bet that the case manufacturers get a dummy phone of the actual device before release, which is how they are able to make the case designs and renders and release them before the phone actually comes out

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just left a Three mobile store outside London and talking about the Honor 6 Plus they are doing a deal on (they sold 6 since release!).
Chat turned to my ex (Note 3), that the Note 4 is a lot better but I said the Note 5 is coming out soon.
He said do I want to see some photos as the Samsung guy was in yesterday.
I said are you serious.
Long story short, he described it like the renders on another thread, that I said I had already seen.

I asked was it sealed, and he said definitely - it's carrying on like the S6, no card and no removable battery, that's the way things are going.

I started asking about data, and tethering allowance which is doubling, for a new contract (I'm on a 30 day uld sim) I would try the Honor 6 Plus for a bit, he caught another customer and it was closing time 6 pm.

I know I know I should have pushed to see the photos. That's all I got for now.
Make of it what you will. I believe he was genuine and knew that I understood a lot about Samsung devices.

There are many US phone store people on Android Central, Best Buy and carriers, they must have been shown something, or the UK got intel first.

I may try another store tomorrow.

link to thread to follow

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know I know I should have pushed to see the photos. That's all I got for now.
Make of it what you will. I believe he was genuine and knew that I understood a lot about Samsung devices.

There are many US phone store people on Android Central, Best Buy and carriers, they must have been shown something, or the UK got intel first.

I may try another store tomorrow.

link to thread to follow

You should have seen the photos ugh
I still wouldn't take that as credible though. Some Samsung, AT&T, or any rep say things that end up being different with the actual device. Some reps are even clueless as to the phones they represent in my experience

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I went back in, as they had a late Thursday. Now I am not so sure.
I asked could I see it, expecting a pamphlet, but he only had it on his phone. Said they brought in a dummy that's the same. I took a photo of his screen and saw it was from Know your mobile with an edge screen.
He didn't have a release time or know about the launch date.

Sorry people. Who knows, but if it's going to have an Edge only, as he claims, I am sure that would have leaked.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsu...elease-date-specs-features-prices-july-launch

07787fff9af3053770611af1f2275de3.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I asked could I see it, expecting a pamphlet, but he only had it on his phone. Said they brought in a dummy that's the same. I took a photo of his screen and saw it was from Know your mobile with an edge screen.

Sorry people. Who knows, but if it's going to have an Edge only, as he claims, I am sure that would have leaked.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 WILL Launch Before iPhone 6s: Specs & Features Detailed In Full | Know Your Mobile

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/23/07787fff9af3053770611af1f2275de3.jpg

Ok that is definitely NOT the Note 5...as I said, the reps are usually clueless

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 WILL Launch Before iPhone 6s: Specs & Features Detailed In Full | Know Your Mobile

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/23/07787fff9af3053770611af1f2275de3.jpg

Note 4 Edge

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeh. It got to the point in the conversation where he knew I had a Note 3 and I was aware the Note 5 was due that he brought up the photos, but he started to realise how much I knew.
He seemed a bit sheepish when I went back in, but stayed with the story.

Good news is, through his mate, he just made me a deal on a Ferrari 488 in time for a Christmas delivery. All I had to do was give him £5000 cash which I gladly handed over. A Ferrari for 5k!

He wanted to charge me £500 extra for delivery, but I wasn't falling for that one. 5k or nothing, who does he think I am?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You should have seen the photos ugh
I still wouldn't take that as credible though. Some Samsung, AT&T, or any rep say things that end up being different with the actual device. Some reps are even clueless as to the phones they represent in my experience
Yeh. Been there seen that, been there done that, over and over. Except there are a few now and again who really know there stuff and can fix things.
Carphone Warehouse especially, our Best Buy.
I couldn't see anything clearly on my small Moto G or his phone.

I won't go in to a store in my pyjamas ever again, that's for sure.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Gotcha. Thanks.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
As long as the GNOTE5 has an MicroSD card. I will purchase it. If not GNOTE4 will be my phone for another year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Big thread!

1. Android treats ram (IMO poor design decision) as a giant stack register, so fills it almost all up. If they put 4GB, you will end up with about the same free ram as 3GB. The only way this will not happen is if you do not have enough apps installed to fill the ram up.

2. I would say a 10% chance of a replaceable battery

3. About 50% chance of an sd card

4. The media latched on to a Sprint place holder and a rendered case photo for the sd slot- very iffy. Nice if true though :)

5. Samsung must operate in an opaque bubble if they think they can get rid of both features and not take a big sales hit with the Note.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Big thread!

1. Android treats ram (IMO poor design decision) as a giant stack register, so fills it almost all up. If they put 4GB, you will end up with about the same free ram as 3GB. The only way this will not happen is if you do not have enough apps installed to fill the ram up.

2. I would say a 10% chance of a replaceable battery

3. About 50% chance of an sd card

4. The media latched on to a Sprint place holder and a rendered case photo for the sd slot- very iffy. Nice if true though :)

5. Samsung must operate in an opaque bubble if they think they can get rid of both features and not take a big sales hit with the Note.

I can't agree with you on point one, but think you're close on 2 and 3.

4 gb ram will be mildly more beneficial. We're not looking for more free space, just more available and waiting in ram.

I can't remember where I read recently, but there is a higher possibility to me than previously thought that an sd slot will be available.

My money would be on neither though.

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I can't agree with you on point one, but think you're close on 2 and 3.

4 gb ram will be mildly more beneficial. We're not looking for more free space, just more available and waiting in ram.

I can't remember where I read recently, but there is a higher possibility to me than previously thought that an sd slot will be available.

My money would be on neither though.
The big difference with ram is in the future. App for app, not a big difference because of how android stacks, but a year or two from now when 4 or even 5 gb is the industry standard, apps are going to use more memory and that is when you will stay to see a big difference in performance between 3 and 4 gb.

Frankly the bigger issue for Samsung is whether they can differentiate the note device from its competitors and 4 g would help with that. Based on the rumors, some other features are doing away so this device will need something else to hold its market share

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

True but with Android (unlike other OS) that is a good thing. That means more things can be loaded into the RAM for quicker access... So more RAM means more things opening faster and such. The free RAM isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz