Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So happy its 4GB of ram and not 3GB

Yea, but not happy it's the same processor as the S6. I held off on the S6 because I figured the Note 5 would be better in almost every way but it looks like it's just going to be internally the same as the S6 on a bigger screen. :/

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yea, but not happy it's the same processor as the S6. I held off on the S6 because I figured the Note 5 would be better in almost every way but it looks like it's just going to be internally the same as the S6 on a bigger screen. :/

I actually prefer the Exynos processor to Qualcomm. It works pretty good and its fast so I dont mind it being the same
I'm more happy about the 4GB of ram because its a noticeable difference to 3GB in my experience

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So happy its 4GB of ram and not 3GB

The negative though being this means the Sprint place holder had zero intel, since both the chipset and ram size were wrong. This by default means the sd slot would be bogus info too. The case render... not even worth a serious thought right now IMO.

Sadly the same sources who apparently correctly reported 4GB ram are also the more persistent there is no sd slot or replaceable battery. Giant S6 with pen. Great consolation my Note 4 still rocks :)

And I can replace the battery if needed to keep it so for another year ;) Try THAT Note 5. Patooey!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The negative though being this means the Sprint place holder had zero intel, since both the chipset and ram size were wrong. This by default means the sd slot would be bogus info too. The case render... not even worth a serious thought right now IMO.

Sadly the same sources who apparently correctly reported 4GB ram are also the more persistent there is no sd slot or replaceable battery. Giant S6 with pen. Great consolation my Note 4 still rocks :)

And I can replace the battery if needed to keep it so for another year ;) Try THAT Note 5. Patooey!

Eh, I was already convinced there was no removable battery. I'm ok with the non-removable battery. When I had my S5 I never really switched batteries out as much as I thought
I am just happy with the 4GB of ram and bigger battery, which is what draws me to it, especially if it will last all day anyways

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Big thread!

1. Android treats ram (IMO poor design decision) as a giant stack register, so fills it almost all up. If they put 4GB, you will end up with about the same free ram as 3GB. The only way this will not happen is if you do not have enough apps installed to fill the ram up.

2. I would say a 10% chance of a replaceable battery

3. About 50% chance of an sd card

4. The media latched on to a Sprint place holder and a rendered case photo for the sd slot- very iffy. Nice if true though :)

5. Samsung must operate in an opaque bubble if they think they can get rid of both features and not take a big sales hit with the Note.
You would think they would learn from the bad sales of the S6. GNOTE5 needs the MicroSD.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You would think they would learn from the bad sales of the S6. GNOTE5 needs the MicroSD.

Agreed, but the lead-time window would have been knowing about it at least eight months ago, in relation to launching worldwide in August. My guess is Samsung will spin and lie like they did with the S6 sales numbers and the media will fall for it once again- just like the Sprint place holder saying the N5 had an SD slot ;)

The catch is this time the analysts are ready and have a definite pathology that Samsung has been following lately for distorting numbers. The Toshiba scandal does not help as far as analysts being paranoid for the trade firms they represent. IF the Note 5 is really a giant S6 with pen, this could get real ugly real fast and Samsung will be exposed in a bad way.

This is LG's big chance to gain share since they have a Note competitor coming out in October with 5.8" 1440p display and 32gB/64GB choices with replaceable battery and SD slot. You can guarantee LG is hoping Samsung continues their near suicidal Apple wannabe fetish.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

It's not like they could make a change this late in the development process. I guarantee they will be getting ready to start prototyping NEXT year's galaxy note in the next few months. It's a long process.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This is LG's big chance to gain share since they have a Note competitor coming out in October with 5.8" 1440p display and 32gB/64GB choices with replaceable battery and SD slot. You can guarantee LG is hoping Samsung continues their near suicidal Apple wannabe fetish.

Unfortunately, the G4 isn't selling well either. At least, not to expectations.

It seems like the only large player that is gaining market share is Apple. The Chinese companies are making up ground in other parts of the world, though.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
True but with Android (unlike other OS) that is a good thing. That means more things can be loaded into the RAM for quicker access... So more RAM means more things opening faster and such. The free RAM isn't an issue.

Not necessarily. The increase in RAM is more so to keep pace with upgrades in OS, Apps, skins, HD gaming, features etc. As these things become more RAM intensive (use more to operate) having more is better for a smoother experience combined with increased processing power. More things probably won't be loaded into RAM if everything else increases in the amount needed to operate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. The increase in RAM is more so to keep pace with upgrades in OS, Apps, skins, HD gaming, features etc. As these things become more RAM intensive (use more to operate) having more is better for a smoother experience combined with increased processing power. More things probably won't be loaded into RAM if everything else increases in the amount needed to operate.

I understand this - the person I was responding to said having more RAM won't help due to Android not leaving the RAM free... So I was explaining why it is good for Android to use up the RAM.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
If the Note 5 doesn't have removable batteries...that would be fine by me, but I hope they keep the SD card clot. I don't think I would upgrade for a while if the Note 5 doesn't have that capability.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to go through the rumors of the past few months, and what are we getting? I think 1 gig of RAM.

is that right. I mean, yeah faster processor, yada yada.

But my toy needs toys!

Don't tell me about power users. I drain my zerolemon on my note 3 daily. My phone is my only real internet option.
If you were a power user you'd be on a Linux desktop.
So. No USB-C. No big (ger) screen. BATTERY, SD CARD dead. Gone.
So we shell over a grand for, effectively less phone.
Some song and dance on how Samsung has been using the wrong memory all this time. But the phone still gives you cancer?
Seriously. Am I going to pay a $grand to bump to a new and unproven (in the market) tech.
Yeah. I don't think so. I may go watch the fireworks on nexus 2015 for a few months. Or see if LG has a clue.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, the case renders are pretty much accurate in terms of how the phone will actually look. It was the same with the S5 and S6 case renders that were shown before the phone actually released and ended up looking the same. I bet that the case manufacturers get a dummy phone of the actual device before release, which is how they are able to make the case designs and renders and release them before the phone actually comes out

I agree 100%

Those case pics that are on Amazons website....

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case - Ringke FUSION ***All New Dust Free Cap & Drop Protection*** [FREE Screen Protector for Front and Back][CRYSTAL VIEW] Premium Crystal Clear Back Shock Absorption Bumper Hard Case with Free HD Screen Film for Samsung Ga

If i were a betting man I would put a lot of money on that being what the phone will look like when released.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I hope it has both for those that want it. Not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't have either.
I will most likely stay with my awesome S6 Edge. I still love it.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
IPhone has a LOT more limitations than Android. I will look for something besides Samsung. IPhone 6plus has loads of android competition.

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
hopefully if not im switching to the iphone 6s plus..... since samsung want to be like them and limit what you can do

Bye then. If those features matter so much to you, why not go for something like the LG G4 or HTC One M9? While the M9 doesn't have a removable battery, both have SD Card slots.

That has been a problem with the, "Well I'll just go to Apple instead of Samsung then." I don't understand that. You clearly have other options and act like it's an either/or issue. Saying it on a forum isn't going to make Samsung change a phone.

Being completely honest, it's only with the design of the S6 and likely N5 that I have come back around to being interested in Samsung. I got tired of the bad and buggy build quality in the S, S2, and S3. My sister got an S4 and I wasn't impressed. I got an HTC One M7. Fantastic build quality. I loved it. After that I got the G3 and, though it has a removable battery and SD Card slot, I've never needed it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people need certain features, but why not move to a phone that has them instead of complaining about it online?

Posted via the Android Central App

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Bye then. If those features matter so much to you, why not go for something like the LG G4 or HTC One M9? While the M9 doesn't have a removable battery, both have SD Card slots.

That has been a problem with the, "Well I'll just go to Apple instead of Samsung then." I don't understand that. You clearly have other options and act like it's an either/or issue. Saying it on a forum isn't going to make Samsung change a phone.

Being completely honest, it's only with the design of the S6 and likely N5 that I have come back around to being interested in Samsung. I got tired of the bad and buggy build quality in the S, S2, and S3. My sister got an S4 and I wasn't impressed. I got an HTC One M7. Fantastic build quality. I loved it. After that I got the G3 and, though it has a removable battery and SD Card slot, I've never needed it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people need certain features, but why not move to a phone that has them instead of complaining about it online?

Posted via the Android Central App
There was absolutely nothing wrong and actually everything right with the design language of the Note 4 and Galaxy Alpha. There was no reason to S6 the S6 and Note 5. There's nothing wrong moving over to Apple either, as the iPhone is a good balance.

from the Elegance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20