Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

Assuming that the phone had something I wanted (I wouldn't buy it just because it's the newest Note), either no removable battery or no SD card slot would be a deal breaker for me.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

I can go without the recoverable back and Battery. No Sim Card is an deal breaker for me. I use my Gnote4 for work. I have One 128GB Micro SD full of Movies. I have another full of Documents for work. Had an 3rd for music, but now I use Google Music.

Yeah in your case I understand why you would need a MicroSD card with the movies and all that.
Why don't you just get a tablet? Its better to watch movies and work on documents on than a phone

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah in your case I understand why you would need a MicroSD card with the movies and all that.
Why don't you just get a tablet? Its better to watch movies and work on documents on than a phone

Might not be able to use a tablet -- different circumstances. My work allows me to stream video on my phone but if I propped up a big tablet I believe they would draw the line.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Might not be able to use a tablet -- different circumstances. My work allows me to stream video on my phone but if I propped up a big tablet I believe they would draw the line.

Well not if you get an 7 or 8 inch tablet...Its not too big but bigger than the Note series
I could see this being a problem with a 10 inch tablet

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I think Samsung has lost market share to Apple because Apple finally released a bigger phone, not because Samsung lacked metal/glass construction in their premium phones. The S2, S3, and S4 were mega hits, plastic phones. Conversely, had Apple continue to make small phones, they would lose market share to Samsung and other android phone makers. Smartphones are no longer just for calls and emails, bigger display screens allow us to do much more. Apple finally acknowledges the trend now.
Yeah. The metal vs plastic is silly. I put a case and tempered glass screen protector on my phone as soon as I buy it. I could care less what the body looks like because it's all covered for life.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The metal vs plastic is silly. I put a case and tempered glass screen protector on my phone as soon as I buy it. I could care less what the body looks like because it's all covered for life.

Exactly. I am in the same boat. My phone is covered all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Meh. Data caps alone kill the premise. Paying to access my own content on the data mining cloud is not my idea of even Charlie Sheen type winning ;)

BTW, I know you are being sarcastic. That, or a Samsung marketer ;)

I am not being sarcastic. I am not in any way connected to Samsung except as a retail customer. And your understanding of cloud service is obviously very limited.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I will most likely be purchasing this device. I will be a first time Note buyer. Previously I have never had to replace a battery.

I used to rely on SD cards but now most of the items on the SD card is in the cloud.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I would take the Note 5 in a heartbeat if the design language and materials are used like the Note 4. Imo, the Note 4 is gorgeous. Samsung has always been exceptional to make the back cover of their flagships so easily to remove and put back on. Too bad we most likely will not see that in the Note 5.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I am not being sarcastic. I am not in any way connected to Samsung except as a retail customer. And your understanding of cloud service is obviously very limited.

Are you being sarcastic now??

Yep. Accessing data caps using the cloud means you are spending money to access your own content- hard to refute or imply lack of subject clarity. Unless of course you rely on wifi wherever it might be. Not exactly convenient compared to the phone network, or dare say micro sd cards. ;)

I think you might be the person not understanding? Nothing I typed was incorrect. Especially the data mining part.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Plastic is better in regards to shock absorption from drops and better for radio signals. Also facilitates more functional designs and better for cost. Better IMO than metal for phone frames.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Mod note: Before things get out of hand, let's keep the discussion civil please.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I would buy the Note 5 if I wasn't looking at the new Moto X Pure Edition, I can get 64GB and microSD which is fine. But I like the Note and the fingerprint sensor. But, I don't want to drop $1k out of pocket on a phone when I can spend a lot less.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I have no problem with either missing. I haven't removed the back on my Note 4 except when I put in the SIM after getting it. The battery life on it is already great, and this will surely be better. Haven't even filled up the base 32GB on my N4. Let alone any extra storage

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Well not if you get an 7 or 8 inch tablet...Its not too big but bigger than the Note series
I could see this being a problem with a 10 inch tablet
I like the size of the Galaxy Note 4. I have 2 Tablets 2012 Note 10.1. Also 7inch Galaxy tab2. Not as convenient as my GNOTE4. Also because of privacy issues with my work, I cannot put work on the cloud.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I like the size of the Galaxy Note 4. I have 2 Tablets 2012 Note 10.1. Also 7inch Galaxy tab2. Not as convenient as my GNOTE4. Also because of privacy issues with my work, I cannot put work on the cloud.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

Yeah its best you stick with the Note 4 then

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I would buy the Note 5 if I wasn't looking at the new Moto X Pure Edition, I can get 64GB and microSD which is fine. But I like the Note and the fingerprint sensor. But, I don't want to drop $1k out of pocket on a phone when I can spend a lot less.

Thats true. One of the main reasons I want to stick with Samsung is because of Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I have a couple wireless chargers and dont want those to go to waste

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Agreed. Still not sure why Moto put a 3000 mah in the 5.7" 1440p, but put a 3630 mah in the 5" 1080p device. Not adding up, but little in life really does ;)

This device could take a bite from Samsung due to price point and features being comparable and in the storage aspect much better.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Thats true. One of the main reasons I want to stick with Samsung is because of Samsung Pay and wireless charging. I have a couple wireless chargers and dont want those to go to waste

The Note 5 will likely be a fine device for folks that do not care about additional storage, or the likely near four digit price point of the 128gb model. Doing the math in that regard, the Note 4 with 128gb micro sd would be closer to $200 cheaper. Factor that with 32gb more storage and swappable battery, the Note 4 appears a more compelling and practical case for a lot of folks..... Might expect Samsung to shut down component orders and production a lot sooner on the Note 4 than Samsung did with previous Notes ;) Samsung will need to pump their Note 5 sales anyway they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463