Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
With the moto pure, I'm left wondering on price. I can get two for the price of one.
All the note 5 marks (according to latest rumors) are missed. Even a smaller screen, 5.66" makes fair comparison to 5.5" devices.
I was sold on note 5 since 2914 when I opted to skip the note 4 for lack of significant improvement over the note 3. NOW, the note 5 is going backwards. It's less impressive than the note 4.
Next week we'll know for certain what the note 5 has, and all of us amateur designers can decide. I will likely go for the moto pure if these latest batch of rumors prove correct. In android I've only ever had the notes 1,2 &3 so it'll be a new experience. Will it be rootable? Will I decide to get tmo and Verizon sim cards in addition to at&t? For areas where att isn't working. But I have a great, but not unlimited att plan (30 gig family).
Yeah. No USB-C. But I'll have my microSD card, wife and I will get both for the price of one note 5 (guessing from available rumors) I'll get a battery pack and the pure will be faster than my note 3, if not faster than the note 5.
Then maybe sammy will learn and make a killer note 6.
For the less technically inclined, get an iphone so I don't have to answer your questions. Like the old macs, it has permanent training wheels.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Everything I'm hearing about the Note 5 is making it sound less and less attractive. The good thing though is that the wonderful Note 4 should be available for a couple more years.

Sent from the Elegance

IMO, the only things that the Note 4 has over the Note 5 is the removable battery and SD card. Unless I'm missing something else other than those things, I'd say everything else about the Note 5 is better.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the base Note 5 will be $100 more than the base S6. Which will make it $699. That's assuming it's 32gb. If it's 64gb base, then it could be $749-$799. But my gut tells me the base will be 32gb $699, maybe even as high as $799.

This will make it out my price range and what I'm comfortable paying. I'm hoping I'm wrong and the base is 64gb and no more than $799. Otherwise I'll be getting the 128gb S6 for $799/$33 per month on Verizon edge.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Look at how the Moto X Style/Pure Edition implements the the use of the sd card slot. By putting it in the same tray as the SIM card. Is there really any good reason as to why the Note 5 couldn't use that same tech? So, theoretically, there is still a glimmer of hope that it could or will have it. There are a couple of rumors circulating that it will have one still. We won't know for sure until the 12th or 13th.

Looks like the latest (based on people that took pics of the phone and spoke with those people) is that there is no SD card.

So now that we know (at least with some level of confidence) that the SD card and battery are not removable how many people will be skipping this? I'm thinking that even people that say these features are make or break will either still get it, or get something else based on the price difference.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the latest (based on people that took pics of the phone and spoke with those people) is that there is no SD card.

So now that we know (at least with some level of confidence) that the SD card and battery are not removable how many people will be skipping this? I'm thinking that even people that say these features are make or break will either still get it, or get something else based on the price difference.

I'm now on the fence with the Note 5, but not necessarily on the no SD card / non-removable battery issue (I'd decided that this would be the case awhile ago). The size of the non-removable battery it looks like they went with is what concerns me, so I'll be reserving judgement until some solid reviews come out.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
There have been reports that the S6 will be getting a price drop pretty soon.

I am guessing the S6 will go down to $500-$600

and the Note 5 will come in $600-$700

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm now on the fence with the Note 5, but not necessarily on the no SD card / non-removable battery issue (I'd decided that this would be the case awhile ago). The size of the non-removable battery it looks like they went with is what concerns me, so I'll be reserving judgement until some solid reviews come out.

Exactly what I am thinking as well. The size of the battery is what concerns me the most.

Posted via the Android Central App

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
IMO, the only things that the Note 4 has over the Note 5 is the removable battery and SD card. Unless I'm missing something else other than those things, I'd say everything else about the Note 5 is better.
For a lot of veterans those two things are paramount. The battery. If it's not BIGGER than the Note 4's AND is sealed myself and many other Note vets are likely gonna skip it and move towards something else. For me, the S Pen is cute but I can definitely live without it if I have to sacrifice all of what's important. Don't need a bigger/better screen. The camera is quite fine. The Note 4 is gorgeous from a design standpoint. 4000mah battery and a 128GB option w/in $100US of the Note 4 at launch. I'd look at that.

from the Elegance

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
For a lot of veterans those two things are paramount. The battery. If it's not BIGGER than the Note 4's AND is sealed myself and many other Note vets are likely gonna skip it and move towards something else. For me, the S Pen is cute but I can definitely live without it if I have to sacrifice all of what's important. Don't need a bigger/better screen. The camera is quite fine. The Note 4 is gorgeous from a design standpoint. 4000mah battery and a 128GB option w/in $100US of the Note 4 at launch. I'd look at that.

from the Elegance

So based on what you said you're not getting a new phone. :p At all, from any vendor.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So based on what you said you're not getting a new phone. At all, from any vendor.
I may not be w/in the next year. My Note 4 or 6 Plus may have to do something egregious first. My iPhone, boring as it admittingly is, does everything its supposed to do very well. My Note 4 will hopefully have the one problem fixed with 5.1.x so yeah, I may not be in the market for anything unless it's really better and it doesn't seem like the Note 5 is going to be in ways that are meaningful to me.

from the Elegance

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I may not be w/in the next year. My Note 4 or 6 Plus may have to do something egregious first. My iPhone, boring as it admittingly is, does everything its supposed to do very well. My Note 4 will hopefully have the one problem fixed with 5.1.x so yeah, I may not be in the market for anything unless it's really better and it doesn't seem like the Note 5 is going to be I ways that are meaningful to me.

from the Elegance

I do feel the same way about the 6+. It does what I need it to do and the battery is fantastic. I have other devices, but I keep going back to it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I do feel the same way about the 6+. It does what I need it to do and the battery is fantastic. I have other devices, but I keep going back to it.
The 6 Plus' battery is great. The screen is really really nice. I just wish there was some customization w/out jailbreaking. Themes. Why can't iOS at least have themes w/out jailbreaking? It will, its just a matter of time since Steve isn't around to rain on that parade. I really do wonder what Samsung thinks they can do to make a phone superior to the Note 4 while taking away two of its greatest attributes.

from the Elegance

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I hate on iOS just having rows of icons and not being able to put them where I want. For what you get, the iPhone isn't worth it, imo.

But it all comes down to what each person wants and needs in a phone.

I have issues with my 5S where the connection will be lost either on wifi or LTE and I'll have to toggle airplane mode to get a connection back. Usually I have to do this a couple of times a day.

Also, I bought this phone a year ago for $749 for the 32gb version. If I would've waited a couple of months later, I would've gotten the iPhone 6 64gb for the same price and I would've kept it longer. But the 4" screen is too small.

I'm looking at getting either the 64gb or 128gb S6 if the Note 5 is too expensive.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hate on iOS just having rows of icons and not being able to put them where I want. For what you get, the iPhone isn't worth it, imo.

But it all comes down to what each person wants and needs in a phone.

I have issues with my 5S where the connection will be lost either on wifi or LTE and I'll have to toggle airplane mode to get a connection back. Usually I have to do this a couple of times a day.

Also, I bought this phone a year ago for $749 for the 32gb version. If I would've waited a couple of months later, I would've gotten the iPhone 6 64gb for the same price and I would've kept it longer. But the 4" screen is too small.

I'm looking at getting either the 64gb or 128gb S6 if the Note 5 is too expensive.

Well, it's tough to be mad at anyone for getting a device when they need, but something new and shiny is always on the cusp of being out (cusp = a few months in phone terms).

Unless Samsung has done something "magical" with the Note 5 this will be the most "even" comparison between a Note and iPhone we've had. The Note 4 has tangible benefits over the 6+, but the Note 5 will lose two of those benefits. Given that battery life is great on both of them, and a lot of people can give or take the stylus stuff, it'll be interesting to see how things shape up this fall.

anon(5395490)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

No Chance I'd buy a Note 5 ( I currently have a note 3), not with the Motorola X Style Pure coming out...at half the price or better!! with SD.

Joel

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will you buy the Note 5 if it doesn't have a SD card and/or removable battery?

No, absolutely definitely n
unless of course
then just maybe
of course it would need
if by some chance
well then I wouldn't kn
there could be a small ch
but no that would be
I couldn't possibly consider buyi
If only it might have
Let's be practical here, there is no w
I can't say for definite but
I don't know

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's tough to be mad at anyone for getting a device when they need, but something new and shiny is always on the cusp of being out (cusp = a few months in phone terms).

Unless Samsung has done something "magical" with the Note 5 this will be the most "even" comparison between a Note and iPhone we've had. The Note 4 has tangible benefits over the 6+, but the Note 5 will lose two of those benefits. Given that battery life is great on both of them, and a lot of people can give or take the stylus stuff, it'll be interesting to see how things shape up this fall.

The more Samsung makes their devices like iPhones, the more share Apple takes. Simple stuff and not conjecture on my part but analysts intrigued by Samsung's decisions on products.

Samsung keeps listening to the predominately Apple centric media who critique their devices. Catch is the media will still buy iPhones and so will the millions of owners.

Less differentiation by Samsung plays into the leader's hands. Econ 101 stuff. Samsung is giving share away.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The more Samsung makes their devices like iPhones, the more share Apple takes. Simple stuff and not conjecture on my part but analysts intrigued by Samsung's decisions on products.

Samsung keeps listening to the predominately Apple centric media who critique their devices. Catch is the media will still buy iPhones and so will the millions of owners.

Less differentiation by Samsung plays into the leader's hands. Econ 101 stuff. Samsung is giving share away.

The media is not how Samsung chooses to make phones. They have much more data centric ways of making those decisions than reading reviews after the fact. :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

No, absolutely definitely n
unless of course
then just maybe
of course it would need
if by some chance
well then I wouldn't kn
there could be a small ch
but no that would be
I couldn't possibly consider buyi
If only it might have
Let's be practical here, there is no w
I can't say for definite but
I don't know

If I apply a mathematical trend to your post and extrapolate out with regression using a polynomial, your answer is "Not likely" ;)

A quadratic equation would not be a viable option for an answer, since appears linear in trend :)

The best derivation would be a composite result by using regression, polynomial and a flip of a coin ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.