.....By making the screen navigation buttons customisable, to suit different users' habits? Will they try to attract users who are used to going bottom left for Back, which is a great many of us?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-05-2015 02:12 PM
    I just hope they don't do away with the hardware home button. #LongLiveTheHomeButton !!!!!
    Ntchwaidumela and belodion like this.
    05-05-2015 02:47 PM
    Not if they make the 5 edge 5.4" or 5.5" they would lose because they already have a edge that's 5.2" so to go to 5.4" is kind of self defeating. The whole customer base for note wants a larger phone....that's the point and that's why it sells so well.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ntchwaidumela and belodion like this.
    05-14-2015 10:57 AM
    I've been on the HTC bandwagon for years and have really liked them since the M7. Now the designs of the phones are to similar for my taste so I'm looking else where for my next phone. I have been on the fence for years on the phablet sized phone and have had plenty of conversations with friends that have either a Note or IPhone 6 Plus. None of those friends have said they regretted their choice and they wouldn't go back smaller sized phone. So because of that I'm ready to try a phablet size.

At first I thought about getting the Nexus 6 then decided why not wait a few more months for the 2015 version. Then Samsung releases the S6 which is a gorgeous looking phone IMO. If the Note 5 has the same look I'll defiantly be taking a close look at it. Having the ability to customize the navigation keys would be a must, not sure I could ever get used to the back being on the right side.
    belodion likes this.
    05-15-2015 10:24 AM
    Does Samsung even need to worry about grabbing "more" customers for the Note? And who are they gonna take 'em away from? No one else can even claim to do a Note-style phablet, inside and out, nearly as well. Unless LG or Google (or maybe Apple) come out swingin' with major productivity software tweaks for phablets (with or without styli), what does Samsung have to worry about?

My local T-Mobile store was a madhouse when the Note 4 was released. Well, at least for the hour or so they had phones in stock. They were turning people away with big crocodile tears in their eyes before Noon. So, if anything, the Samsung crew's probably only fretting over the removable back/removable battery option and keeping the loyalists they've already got in pocket (many of whom will still get the Note 5 even if the battery does end up locked down, no matter how much they ***** ahead of time).
    belodion likes this.
    05-15-2015 02:29 PM
    I think note3/4 users are much more hardline on having a removable battery and storage than S3/S4/S5 users were/are.

05-17-2015 03:13 PM
    Well, I couldn't get used to those buttons so it's no Samsungs for me. If Samsung are happy with that, okay.

05-18-2015 04:56 AM
    I believe they'll lose customers if they take away the replacement battery and micro SD options. The LG G4 is looking mighty good to me and others.
    05-26-2015 10:20 AM