Do you think they will include it in the Note 5?

I myself don't think they will after I read an article that they finalized the spec of the Note 5 and will announce it as soon as July and sell by August before Apple launch Iphone 6S.

Samsung sets sights on the iPhone 6S, may announce the Galaxy Note 5 in July - SamMobile
    05-18-2015 04:00 PM
    I hope so but I doubt it.

Posted via Nexus 5 with Touchwiz
    05-18-2015 06:25 PM
    IMO they will not implement the usb type C connector to compete with the future iphone 6s yet. According to last year, Samsung decided to release the note 4 around the same time as the iphone 6. If I had to make a marketing and profitable decision, i would not include the usb type c yet as Apple is known to release a bunch of accessories along their phones. Not only they can compete with them, Samsung can make customers compare devices and their utilities around the usb C. That said, Apple is known to make little ugrades like the camera and cpu. I doubt the iphone 6s will get a usb c connector and it might be more for the iphone 7.
    05-21-2015 11:01 PM
    06-12-2015 04:15 AM
    I might consider switching to Note 5 if included the Type C Port
    bigbuc likes this.
    07-15-2015 10:24 PM
    Suddenly, a week or two ago, USB-C disappeared from the list of rumored features.
    Very disappointing. One more (less?) reason to go note 5.
    07-20-2015 07:56 AM
    I'm confident you won't see more than 3-4 devices this year with USB type C: the new Nexus releases in a few months, the One Plus Two, and maybe one other. It's too far along in the device design cycle for it to be implemented otherwise. Next spring we'll probably start seeing a few more trickle out.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    07-20-2015 09:17 AM
    No USB Type-C connection on the Note 5
    07-20-2015 09:22 AM
    I must say, I would be dissapointed if they didnt inclunded Type C on the Note 5.

I mean, whenever you talk about Note line you always think of innovation and a vision onto the future (x number of RAM becoming standard, Quad Display for example, and other features that become mainstream after this "initial vision")

And to be honest, if One Plus 2 is using Type C, why won't Sammy use Type-C on Note 5? Is it because of the chipset support and the rest of the components? (only way I could understand this decision)
    07-20-2015 11:37 AM

And to be honest, if One Plus 2 is using Type C, why won't Sammy use Type-C on Note 5? Is it because of the chipset support and the rest of the components? (only way I could understand this decision)
    Due to volume of fabrication, Samsung will have designed and ordered their parts long before One Plus has a need to do so. Smaller companies with less fabrication effort have an easier time making late changes to design before production.

Samsung deserves some hate for their decisions to remove the SD card and removable battery. But not for this. I'm guessing you will see them switch to USB - C with the next Galaxy S.
    07-20-2015 12:56 PM
    Due to volume of fabrication, Samsung will have designed and ordered their parts long before One Plus has a need to do so. Smaller companies with less fabrication effort have an easier time making late changes to design before production.

Samsung deserves some hate for their decisions to remove the SD card and removable battery. But not for this. I'm guessing you will see them switch to USB - C with the next Galaxy S.
    Not giving hate, but a tad disappointed because the Note line means innovation.

I totally understand that they have ordered USB ports/made/have in stock before the Type C becomes mainstream but it would be a nice touch to it.

But definitely will be on the next S Line for sure. Regarding SD Card, like I said in the other post there if u want LPDDR4 u can't have SD. (theoretically)

Anyhow, best thing they can do is release a version without LPDDR4 and with battery replacement and other normal one... Although it would be tough to sell/market/everything
    07-21-2015 03:48 AM
    Probably true.
    The sad part is all the whiz bang rumors, 5.89" screen, usb-c, if no micro SD, then 128GB (may still show up), 4000+ mah battery (still a maybe).
    Otherwise, it's going to be a bit faster, than the note 4, but fewer features. I guess they'll refuse to give as much software updates.
    I adopted the note series the first day note 1 was available, same for notes 2 & 3. I like the bigger screen. I skipped looking at the nexus 6 for lack of storage. I can handle the bigger phone. My wife is the same. We're over 40, so we need to see the darn thing.
    07-21-2015 08:12 AM
    Well, recent rumors point out that the next WP10 phones will bring Type-C.

Another reason for Note 5 to bring Type-C, if things keep up like this Note 5 will be the only flagship being released in Q3 without Type C.
    07-21-2015 09:27 AM

Another reason for Note 5 to bring Type-C, if things keep up like this Note 5 will be the only flagship being released in Q3 without Type C.
    There will NOT be USB Type-C on the Note 5.....trust me
    07-21-2015 09:32 AM
    There will NOT be USB Type-C on the Note 5.....trust me
    Alright, I will

What about the next Nexus? For sure it's gonna bring.
    07-21-2015 09:35 AM

Can't compare android to WP.

I would bet that the only android phones that will have usb-c releasing this year will be the nexus phone(s) and the One Plus Two. Might see one more, but doubtful.
    07-21-2015 09:49 AM
    Can't compare android to WP.

I would bet that the only android phones that will have usb-c releasing this year will be the nexus phone(s) and the One Plus Two. Might see one more, but doubtful.
    Yeah, I wasn't comparing just mentioning that some other flagships were going to bring Type-C.

Anyhow looking forward to the official announcement of Note 5.
    07-21-2015 11:06 AM
    USB Type-C is faster than before, the note 5 should be have.
    07-22-2015 04:39 AM
    Looks from the newer pictures they they decided to stick with the ancient and slow as snails micro-usb which will be dissapointing if correct. I was REALLY hoping it would have USB-C. Samsung will contine to lose market share and street credit if they continue to lag behind the curve and not do anything innovative. Sorry but a curved screen isn't enough.
    07-27-2015 02:21 PM
    Looks from the newer pictures they they decided to stick with the ancient and slow as snails micro-usb which will be dissapointing if correct. I was REALLY hoping it would have USB-C. Samsung will contine to lose market share and street credit if they continue to lag behind the curve and not do anything innovative. Sorry but a curved screen isn't enough.
    Lag behind the curve? If you ask me Samsung is one of the companies on top of the curve
    bigbuc likes this.
    07-27-2015 05:56 PM
    Great disappointment not having USB-C
    07-29-2015 11:38 AM
    I'm all for new and improved connection technology, but man, yet another connector type in my device drawer. I already have two different Apple connectors (wife/kids old/new iPads and iPhones) along with micro USB. I'm not sure I'd be overly excited about adding a 4th quite yet.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    07-29-2015 11:50 AM
    And yet it is coming. By next year it will be the norm.
    08-05-2015 07:07 AM
    No, I can confirm from production model it will not have USB-C connector. My friend working for Samsung also said USB C will be on next galaxy S7 which suppose to see the light much earlier around January.
    08-07-2015 02:35 AM
    There is still the slow as snails craptastic MTP that Android has forced on people that slows everything down anyway. That is a bigger bottleneck of evil.
    08-07-2015 08:01 AM