New images of Note 5 and not good news!

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Here are new releases images of what could be the Note 5. And if it's accurate not good news IMO.

Galaxy Note 5 Images Leak, Will Anger Users - Forbes

If it becomes just like the S6 without expandable storage and no removable battery, then I'm done.. I won't be upgrading to the note 5 from my note 4

Samsung needs to keep their S line and Note line of phones more distinct. If these images are true, then the only major difference now will be the stylus and bigger screen. That's it.

One good point the article makes is that the Note series always have been more for the power and productivity users more than the more mainstream S phones. Samsung needs to keep it that way!

Posted via the Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately bec the S6 and S6 edge are selling so well and getting great reviews money talks. So I'm assuming this is Samsung thinking "hey the S6 line is doing so well let's just take everything about it and bring it over to the Note 5 and they'll sell like hotcakes too"!

Bad move Samsung. You have to figure out what customers actually buys each type of phones.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I certainly hope that is Not the path Samsung will travel with the successor to Note 4! I would have to seriously consider other phone brands!

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I said in the other thread removing these features just makes the note range the same as the other big phones? nexus 6, iphone 6 plus etc if they drop it I'm going to move to LG or back to Apple.

I came from iphones for these types of extras but if they take them away may as well look elsewhere.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't read the Forbes article as an entire page wide Flash pop-up took over my screen. With that irritation out of the way, I hope that the screen doesn't get much larger or stays the same. The Note 4 even with an Otterbox Commuter case is for me easily pocketable and I can use it somewhat well with one hand. If the bezels can be reduced and produce a larger screen in the same form factor, that would be fine.

I'm with the thoughts above. Hope that Samsung figures out their user preferences, use cases, and requirements and not loose the unique features and capabilities that the Note 4 has. If Samsung is trying to take advantage of shared product design, components, manufacturing processes, etc by leveraging what they can from the S6 design and successes while not compromising the Note series uniqueness - I think that's a good move.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
The day the Note 5 comes out is the day I buy a Note 4. :D Right now the Note 4 is a little pricy at $600 for the SM-N910A, I'm hoping to see it drop down to $400 with the release of the Note 5 and then I'll pick it up. It will be the last of the great Samsungs.

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
SD slot is nice. A removable battery doesn't do much for me. I haven't taken the battery in my s3 out since I got the phone in Oct 2012

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion, the notes were a work phone.. They were bigger than the others with a bigger battery. They also had the Spen and software that made it stand out as a productivity phone.

Samsung probably figures that as long as the phone still has a big battery and Spen and software, most people wont care. The truth is, they are probably right, most people wont care.

Ive had the note 2 3 4, and to be honest ive never had to add and sd card or swap the battery.

My biggest complaint is if they go to a glass back. I hate glass backs because even though i put mine in a case i would still worry.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As pretty as it might be, I don't know if I want a glass back. I have enough trouble keeping my glass front from breaking.

I want a removable battery. I want an SD card. Samsung needs to get over its iPhone inferiority complex because while trying to copy iPhone it is losing customers TO iPhone by not paying attention to its laggy software updates. My niece, who always defended Android to her full iPhone family finally gave in last week and bought the iPhone 6 plus because of the Lollipop issues on her S5.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
As pretty as it might be, I don't know if I want a glass back. I have enough trouble keeping my glass front from breaking.

I want a removable battery. I want an SD card. Samsung needs to get over its iPhone inferiority complex because while trying to copy iPhone it is losing customers TO iPhone by not paying attention to its laggy software updates. My niece, who always defended Android to her full iPhone family finally gave in last week and bought the iPhone 6 plus because of the Lollipop issues on her S5.
I completely agree as well!
If Samsung does eliminate the removable battery and SD card slot on the Note series, they are completely alienating the people who bought thier product for those items (besides other features of the device). I too know many people who have said they will go back to Iphone if these features are removed. Samsung is just betting on all those who won't care!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree as well!
If Samsung does eliminate the removable battery and SD card slot on the Note series, they are completely alienating the people who bought thier product for those items (besides other features of the device). I too know many people who have said they will go back to Iphone if these features are removed. Samsung is just betting on all those who won't care!

What's the point of going to iPhone if both Samsung and apples are like comparing apples to apples, no longer apples to oranges. Just about the same look. Just stay with Samsung, the better working phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What's the point of going to iPhone if both Samsung and apples are like comparing apples to apples, no longer apples to oranges. Just about the same look. Just stay with Samsung, the better working phone.

I personally have no desire for an iPhone but my niece finally gave in because her S5 had become so unstable with no help from Samsung to fix the issues. That said, I know people with S5 phones who are not having those problems. Also, she could have gone to Best Buy to have the phone flashed but she did not. My bottom line point to Samsung is that we do not need another iPhone.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat. I have a Note 3, I bought it for the Spen mainly. I love having removable battery and SD Card. I hope they don't make a glass back. I bought two expensive screen protectors and on the first day I dropped my phone Front first and that glass protector already has scratches. I figured at the time, "I need a glass screen protector, I will be careful handling my phone", ha! Jinxed myself on that one. If I drop the new Note 5, one or the other, front or back will have glass scratched.
Yes I know, I could use a case, but having a case and the phone stops functioning well I Can't very much replace the battery, I'd have to SEND the phone in for repair. I really don't like doing that.

JHammy123

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree. They need to keep the note and s line separate. Especially since they are coming out with a s6 plus.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yep as per usual Samsung don't listen to their customers, would rather copy apple than be different! I hope their sales take a hit over it if they drop those options!

Rumours are the S6 hasn't done all they expected sales wise, don't think the note 5 will be like that as its nearly become their main flagship phone.

I've said it before if they do go glass back etc it's simply gonna cost a fortune! probably come with 64gb and 128gb versions, that alone should deter people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey