Leaked photos reveal that Note 5 is going for S6 design

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Just read on article which shows leaked photos from a French site of the Note 5 showing sealed in battery and glass front and back.

Me and Samsung are soon to be finished.

Philip

Posted via the Android Central App

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah this has been posted in the upcoming and rumoured devices thread for note 5 as well, all I can say is I will be extremely disappointed and will move to LG or back to Apple if this is the path they take.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, didn't realise. In a way it's a good thing. I've been tied to one manufacturer since the S2 so it'll force me to either try LG, like yourself, or resign myself to sealed in batteries and that opens a whole new world. Samsung are shooting themselves in the foot. They're not Apple and their software isn't as smooth or optimised as IOS, so why try and be something they're not.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yup I posted this in another thread. But yes if Samsung goes this route I'm not getting the Note 5

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
If they do in fact put that huge battery in the note 5 then it won't be a big deal to me. I don't want to give up the nice screen and stylus to move to a different brand of phone. I'm more worried with the direction android is taking as a whole. If they don't fix the bugs that lollipop has introduced before this Christmas then I may be purchasing my first iphone when my upgrade rolls around.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If they do in fact put that huge battery in the note 5 then it won't be a big deal to me. I don't want to give up the nice screen and stylus to move to a different brand of phone. I'm more worried with the direction android is taking as a whole. If they don't fix the bugs that lollipop has introduced before this Christmas then I may be purchasing my first iphone when my upgrade rolls around.

I'm going to stick it out until M is released for the N4. If I don't see a big improvement it just may be hello iPhone time.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This also may be nothing more than a artist rendering and not an actual photo. I have no proof other than my own viewing of the posted image blown up.

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
The Note 4 is my first andriod phone and can't see myself going back to an iPhone but a sealed battery will seriously make me look at other manufacturers for my next phone. Even after getting this I have to say I'm really interested in the Nexus line but the option to change batteries kept me with samsung for now.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I never thought I would say this I may go back to iphone if the note 5 is not what I expect. I use SD cards like crazy that is very important to me. I could see Samsung losing some people from the note series

Your Friendly Neighbor Verizon Wireless Note 4 LTE 😎

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I never thought I would say this I may go back to iphone if the note 5 is not what I expect. I use SD cards like crazy that is very important to me. I could see Samsung losing some people from the note series

So if sd card is important to you, why would you go back to iPhone? They don't have a sd card either.

You could just stick with the note 4, or get a different device that has sd card support.

No SD card and sealed unit seems to be a general direction Android is heading. I personally feel that Android devices should keep their differences from iPhone, there's a reason people are using Android devices. I for one think IOS is a smoother, cleaner system, so if Android keeps going this route and gets to be like iPhone, I would probably go back to iPhone also, the removable battery is what's important to me, I like to swap batteries in the go.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to stick it out until M is released for the N4. If I don't see a big improvement it just may be hello iPhone time.
If I'm not mistaken (of course I could be) the ios updates have not all been flawless, even having to only update their own hardware. I recall hearing something last fall about a bug in their update which was chewing up the battery. The main difference is they can put out a patch a lot quicker than Samsung, due to all the levels they need to get approved before the update actually gets pushed out by each carrier. The only other true option is the Nexus. I, personally, would never go to an iPhone. I think Apple is behind the times now as far as innovation. They seem to be copying Android now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Having been a Note owner from the very beginning, and now having owned them all (Note, Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge), there's something about the larger screen and the freaking awesome stylus that I can't part with. It would be rather unfortunate that Samsung MAY remove the removable battery (see what I did there) and also remove SD card support. This seems to be a trend that is happening with all android manufacturers. Heck, even Google who outlines the design of the Android flagship phones, never had the removable battery after the Nexus S, and stopped using SD cards after the Nexus S I believe. So it isn't anything new.

They are not offering a wide variety of onboard storage sizes (which doesn't solve it) and is rather refreshing that only being able to have 16 GB (from the original Note).

For all those willing to jump ship to apple, and in my personal opinion, call that dumbing down, You get a TINY hair of response faster, but everything else is trailing behind, apple is not playing catch up with the likes of google and their many manufacturers.

Each iteration of the Note have become a welcoming improvement after the previous one. So this one, I'm hoping, should bring some WOW, as well as subtle touches that makes it stand out from the crowd, and it has been doing that since October 2011, when they launched the first one.

THE MAJOR PROBLEM THOUGH, IS that Samsung is getting bigger by the sales, and could give 2+ expletives what we think, they're going to release what they want. LOL

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a really hard time with this. I love my Notes 2, 3 and 4, and have been anxiously awaiting the 5, but my hopes are sinking fast with all the sealed battery news. I will keep the 4 and buy the hell out of any accessory I can get until Samsung comes to their senses about the Note series. Even if Note 5 with a mega 4000+ battery can hold a decent charge for me all day (I have an extended 8000 that barely does now), I don't really want to send my $800 phone off to Samsung if the sealed battery goes bad. and I've had removeable batteries go bad, so...

rdimedic

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
If this is the case I will be going to the LG G4. I need a removable memory card in my phone. I don't always have quick and reliable service to back everything to the cloud so the SD card is a must. The removable SD card and battery is what sold me to samsung. I just hope they keep these two options on the note 5.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Correct me of I'm wrong but this leaked picture shows the N5 in a carrying case. So how can they tell if the battery is removable or not? Am I missing something here?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
If this is the case I will be going to the LG G4. I need a removable memory card in my phone. I don't always have quick and reliable service to back everything to the cloud so the SD card is a must. The removable SD card and battery is what sold me to samsung. I just hope they keep these two options on the note 5.

Why don't you just wait for the LG G4 Pro that will be the equivalent of the Note 5. It will have a stylus metal build, SD card and removable battery according to reports.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
the nexus line is looking more and more likely to me for the next phone but im not gonna panic just yet, i wanna see what samsung does for sure before jumping ship. I dont care as much about the removable SD as i do the battery. if i cant have a removable battery i might as well go to nexus since ive never used the stylus.

going to a iphone seems like a ridiculous choice from samsung

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So if sd card is important to you, why would you go back to iPhone? They don't have a sd card either.

You could just stick with the note 4, or get a different device that has sd card support.

No SD card and sealed unit seems to be a general direction Android is heading. I personally feel that Android devices should keep their differences from iPhone, there's a reason people are using Android devices. I for one think IOS is a smoother, cleaner system, so if Android keeps going this route and gets to be like iPhone, I would probably go back to iPhone also, the removable battery is what's important to me, I like to swap batteries in the go.

Other Android devices aren't as good as Samsung. That's right I could keep the note 4 but only for a good amount of time. Yes IOS is smooth and clean.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta