Leaked photos reveal that Note 5 is going for S6 design

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna go all-in with the LG G4 if Samsung throws us under the bus again (i.e. Remove Extensibility by sealing up the phone.) I won't care even if the Note has a 4000+ mAh battery, a sealed up phone will last three years tops before the battery has degraded to the point of uselessness, and I cannot have a phone that will be useless in three years.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna go all-in with the LG G4 if Samsung throws us under the bus again (i.e. Remove Extensibility by sealing up the phone.) I won't care even if the Note has a 4000+ mAh battery, a sealed up phone will last three years tops before the battery has degraded to the point of uselessness, and I cannot have a phone that will be useless in three years.

Nail on head here! which is why a removable battery is far more important to me than SD storage!

What people haven't mentioned here is if they do go all samsung s6 style with glass back etc you can bet they are gonna charge big money! how much for a 128gb version? near £800 or more?

Posted via the Android Central App

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Going back/to iPhone because of changes in the Note 5 is a bit extreme. Even if they seal the battery and put glass front and back, the OS is vastly different. Sounds to me like your looking for a reason to justify you WANTING to go back to Apple.

If the rumors are true it will be accepted like all the other changes device makers have been making, with hesitation, annoyance and finally an acceptance of the change... Yes a few will jump ship and head to another device, or make the extreme move and go to an entirely different OS. Most of us are here for the productivity aspect of the Note, in which case the screen size and versatility outweigh the removable battery. Its a great feature but im always near a charging source. ALWAYS. If they close the door and i cant swap to a spare, which happens so rarely as it is, I wont be bothered by it too much.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw the pictures. TBH, I'm skeptical on the legitimacy of the leak.

It looks more like a blown-up S6. Yes, the Note line has always resembled the S-line, but you can easily tell a Note from a S just by looking at it. Of course, it's bigger, but there are also minor but significant design changes. Look at the Galaxy S4 and the Note 3. You can recognize both of them easily, even if I were to move the Note in such a way that it would look as if it's the same size as the S4.

I really do hope they retain the microSD card slot and removable battery. The omission of those 2 didn't really bother me in the S6 because the S-line is geared towards general consumers. The Note-line, on the other hand, is usually geared towards businesspeople, artists and power users, so the omission of both may limit its appeal.

Domestoboto92x

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just wait for the LG G4 Pro that will be the equivalent of the Note 5. It will have a stylus metal build, SD card and removable battery according to reports.

But the stylus (and stylus-centric features) LG puts on is an absolute joke - it's a capacitive stylus, the same from the pens you can buy for a dollar or 2 on eBay. Galaxy Notes are the devices to go for styli and added functionality...

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

So few people have the same phone for 3 years anyways.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
But the stylus (and stylus-centric features) LG puts on is an absolute joke - it's a capacitive stylus, the same from the pens you can buy for a dollar or 2 on eBay. Galaxy Notes are the devices to go for styli and added functionality...

If LG wants a Note competitor, it needs to put a digitizer that's similar to the one found on the Note.

Only Wacom makes good ones, though, and they make them exclusively for Samsung. Which means LG either has to find one that works the same way (but may be crappier) or make one from scratch themselves.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If this is the case I will be going to the LG G4. I need a removable memory card in my phone. I don't always have quick and reliable service to back everything to the cloud so the SD card is a must. The removable SD card and battery is what sold me to samsung. I just hope they keep these two options on the note 5.

Yes, a removable card and battery are the two first considerations on my list.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
So few people have the same phone for 3 years anyways.

That's not the point though? If you pay top money for a device you'd like it to last longer than 3 years. People may pass phones down to relatives etc who don't mind having the latest and greatest.

And I also don't think it's extreme that people may move to Apple, alot of people me included came to the note range from ios for these extras and the big screen then stayed! but now the extras may disappear and Apple have a bigger screen phone in the market I'd at least consider it as a option.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I guess we have to wait and see what LG and Samsung for that matter officially does. It's all speculation at this point.

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That's not the point though? If you pay top money for a device you'd like it to last longer than 3 years. People may pass phones down to relatives etc who don't mind having the latest and greatest.

And I also don't think it's extreme that people may move to Apple, alot of people me included came to the note range from ios for these extras and the big screen then stayed! but now the extras may disappear and Apple have a bigger screen phone in the market I'd at least consider it as a option.

The point is that after a couple years you should expect a wear and tear item to start to fail, if not fail all together. If its a replaceable item, then great, replace it. If not, pay someone to replace it. It comes down to YOU being able to replace it, or a service provided by a third party. You purchase the phone knowing that it may not be. The enclosed battery all started with Apple. Thank for them for this.
I just think its crazy that so many people are up in arms over this possibility and saying they will run back to Apple. Hate to break it to you folks but the iPhones battery is MUCH worse than the Note 4. I get twice the time on my Note than my iPhone 6. I use the Note much more throughout my day too.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Have had a Note 4 since January. Never taken the back off. Sealed battery and SD card mean nothing to me. Can't ever see me going to an iPhone. Too much customization with Android. Maybe LG G4, had an LG G2 before I got the Note.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Glad I just bought a Note 4 if the 5 is moving towards the S6 design. I think it's one of the ugliest phone I've ever seen. The Edge is kinda sexy from the front. That back is a disaster though... Just my taste.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I like android in general. I can't stand behind a company who lies to you about how they cone up with ideas first, and make you think that only there product is good. That's a good reason to not like a company. All they are is propaganda.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I gotta agree I would consider a 6s plus next time, I know people will say it has a sealed in battery and no sd card (fair enough)

Samsung have went from being different to copying Apple, they are striving to be them not beat them.

So why buy the imitation just buy the real thing? Say what you want about Apple their products are expensive but they work! they hold value when you sell them on, their customer service is first class (samsung can only dream off offering anything similar) and they make both hardware and software so it works seamlessly and you don't need to wait 8 months for the latest update!

That's my reasons why I would consider switching, Samsung no longer have the extras sd card, removable battery so now they are just the same as all the other big phones ie Nexus 6 etc so I will just buy what's best for me.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The latest update is what makes the phones not work anymore. When you buy a phone buy it because you like it, not because someone is making you like it. Aka Apple. They make you believe you like their phones to make money. Bendgate... wait for it because Samsung will have bendgate also lol. Although, can you sue over that? Probably. I think Apple will have a patient over the bendgate look