Leaked photos reveal that Note 5 is going for S6 design

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You don't think Samsung do?
Nothing is ever perfect. Samsung has come along way. Their newer products has become better. I personally think Samsung should just stick to what they know best and what sells. I bought the S6 and didn't like it. Now I'm just waiting to see what the note 5 has the offer. Sd card is a must for me. The non removable battery I can deal with.

Your friendly neighbor Verizon Galaxy Note 4 😎

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is ever perfect. Samsung has come along way. Their newer products has become better. I personally think Samsung should just stick to what they know best and what sells. I bought the S6 and didn't like it. Now I'm just waiting to see what the note 5 has the offer. Sd card is a must for me. The non removable battery I can deal with.

I suppose it's how they price the higher models of storage.

If they are adding SD card slot with the new S tab 2 which will be metal build why not note 5?

Why didn't you like S6?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it's how they price the higher models of storage.

If they are adding SD card slot with the new S tab 2 which will be metal build why not note 5?

Why didn't you like S6?

Hopefully the price tag won't be a hefty one. The battery life was not all that great. The one good thing about the phone other than the camera. It charges really fast. I've gotten use to the note screen size as well so it felt awkward using the small screen. Also while texting there were some lagging while texting it was pretty bad.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully the price tag won't be a hefty one. The battery life was not all that great. The one good thing about the phone other than the camera. It charges really fast. I've gotten use to the note screen size as well so it felt awkward using the small screen. Also while texting there were some lagging while texting it was pretty bad.

Really? I've found texting very Laggy on my note 4. Have to wait 3 or 4 secs till it begins typing.

On my edge I've had no such issues

Not sure why but my note 4 battery life has been dissapointing lately. On my edge been getting more on screen time than on my note which is odd

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
If all this is true, this will probably be my next device. By the time it's released, any of the bugs on the G4 should be fixed. The camera and screen on the G4 is FANTASTIC!

Totally agree!
If the Note 5 will be without SD slot and/or too big I will definitely get a G4 (or G4 Pro if it's coming soon)

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Really? I've found texting very Laggy on my note 4. Have to wait 3 or 4 secs till it begins typing.

On my edge I've had no such issues

Not sure why but my note 4 battery life has been dissapointing lately. On my edge been getting more on screen time than on my note which is odd

That is odd. It depends on the time or day for me. But I always use an extended battery so I can't complain.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.....no. I'm not buying an Apple or LG product, period. But that's just me.

Apple = No customization. Nope.

The LG G4 will be months old by the time the Note 5 appears, and it's ugly as sin. Nope

Look, I will be sad if the option to add storage is no longer available on the N5. But that doesn't change the fact that Samsung will still run circles around the competition in terms of the features I still care about.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I like android in general. I can't stand behind a company who lies to you about how they cone up with ideas first, and make you think that only there product is good. That's a good reason to not like a company. All they are is propaganda.
Thing I've always disliked about Apple is the choices they make to exclude a feature or three that they must know everyone wants, and seem to say "We know what's good for you, and we decided you don't need these silly things (like an IR blaster, or whatever). Then, they spend gazillions on the slickest PR campaigns since the Tobacco companies to convince you the extra they charge for everything is so worth it, because, well they are Apple, and you'll feel better once you're "one of us". OK, Apple bash rant over:D

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
A battery is a disposable item. Sealing it into a device this expensive is madness. The thing about Apple is they have a set charge for replacing your battery so you know you can do that at any stage. This offers some peace of mind. I get the impression with Samsung, and a lot of the Android sealed in gang, that these phones are not intended to be opened again, with all the glue and glass they use. This is totally unacceptable to be. Fair enough, give my phone a sealed in battery, but also make it possible for at least the manufacturer to replace the battery for me.

With all the glass, how many people are going to want to risk carrying it around without a case? So when you put the case on, all those beautiful looks go out the window.

Who are these sealed in batteries benefiting? It doesn't seem to be the owners.

Posted via the Android Central App

Well said.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I caved yesterday and bought the 6400 mAh Anker Extended Battery charger with Dilex Case soo....if this charger is as good as customers say then I could handle No removable battery, only.

Talne

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I Cant wait for the Note 5, Battery life and storage have never been an issue for me and my phone lives it's entire life in an Otter Box commuter case so appearance is not an issue either, Its a phone, mini computer not a fashion accessory and from 6 feet away you cant tell one phone from the other, I'm sure the vast majority of users have no idea what memory expansion or replaceable battery is or care, I believe Samsung sell the wheels of this thing.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I Cant wait for the Note 5, Battery life and storage have never been an issue for me and my phone lives it's entire life in an Otter Box commuter case so appearance is not an issue either, Its a phone, mini computer not a fashion accessory and from 6 feet away you cant tell one phone from the other, I'm sure the vast majority of users have no idea what memory expansion or replaceable battery is or care, I believe Samsung sell the wheels of this thing.

This is kind of a contradiction. You're saying that all phones are the same once you stick a case on them. So why should you have two features removed, SD slot and removable battery, when you're not even benefiting from the glass sleek build? This is what annoys me. I always put a case on a phone so it's lose lose for me with this sealed in approach.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
To continue with the paranoid theme! I have a feeling quick charge is not good for batteries. They heat up when on quick charge. It seems to me that the sealed in batteries will be killed even quicker, rendering the device knackered after only about a year's use.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Although I personally won't buy note 5 due to sealed battery and lack of SD, I am not going to question Sammi's market research. They must have enough confidence to believe, based on s6 sales, that these changes are necessary sacrifices and will not significantly affect sales negatively.

If you are a removable battery and/or SD loyalist, AND you are a yearly upgrade enthusiastic, I can feel your pain.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Although I personally won't buy note 5 due to sealed battery and lack of SD, I am not going to question Sammi's market research. They must have enough confidence to believe, based on s6 sales, that these changes are necessary sacrifices and will not significantly affect sales negatively.

If you are a removable battery and/or SD loyalist, AND you are a yearly upgrade enthusiastic, I can feel your pain.

Yes, good point, although as a customer I'm more concerned with my needs than the metrics that Samsung will use to decide whether a handset is successful or not. There's a gulf emerging between what Samsung are trying to achieve in sales and what the customer actually wants.

Just because a Samsung customer purchases a Note 5 doesn't necessarily mean that they're happy with the removal of these two sought after features. It just means that they don't have a choice in buying a Note 5 with these features.

Anyway, it's all speculation at the moment.

Just to add, a lot of people won't be aware of the problem with a sealed in battery for a year or two when they try and go to sell their phone with the knackered battery. I'm fully aware that Apple have a procedure for getting your battery replaced in your iPhone. It's a pity that Samsung couldn't have been up front about this before selling this glass glued together which is never intended to be reopened.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well said! The more info I'm seeing about the Note 5 the more I'm going to just hold on to my Note 4 indefinitely and hope Samsung comes back to their senses! If not, I'll be looking elsewhere for my next phone. Your loss Samsung!!!!!

There are many more Note owners out there just like us. I really love my Note 4, but I won't "upgrade" to the Note 5. In fact, I consider it a "downgrade." In addition to not having replaceable battery and microSD option, the glass back is just plain stupid, especially since you can't just buy a new back cover. I'll probably hold onto my N4 to see what the LG G5 (G4 Pro) has in store for us. I could rant on, but I won't. I've ranted enough in other posts. It's just hard to believe that Samsung is not listening to its customers.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, good point, although as a customer I'm more concerned with my needs than the metrics that Samsung will use to decide whether a handset is successful or not. There's a gulf emerging between what Samsung are trying to achieve in sales and what the customer actually wants.

Just because a Samsung customer purchases a Note 5 doesn't necessarily mean that they're happy with the removal of these two sought after features. It just means that they don't have a choice in buying a Note 5 with these features.

Anyway, it's all speculation at the moment.

Just to add, a lot of people won't be aware of the problem with a sealed in battery for a year or two when they try and go to sell their phone with the knackered battery. I'm fully aware that Apple have a procedure for getting your battery replaced in your iPhone. It's a pity that Samsung couldn't have been up front about this before selling this glass glued together which is never intended to be reopened.

LG is happy to have all the old Samsung customers, I'm sure. All they have to do now to keep us is to listen to what we want and comply.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree! Since I use my phone naked (only use a leather pouch for transport) was really hoping for a softer more rubbery type back that would "stick" in hand better than glass and which also would have a better feel to it. Otherwise, considering the size of a Note device a glass back will be slippery and could also add unnecessary weight. I'm also very disappointed that the Note 5 screen size is reportedly staying the same 5.7". Really wanted to see it bumped to 5.9" which would've been a compelling upgrade. Very frustrating to see Samsung moving in this direction with the Note series. To be frank I hope the Note 5 doesn't sell well and Samsung is forced to re-evaluate this path they're on and listen again to what we want and have grown to expect from a Note device!
Exactly my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Please keep the discussion civil. I like reading everyone's thoughts but no need to get personal. If you see something out of line -- slam that report button.

Thanks! :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463