Anyone gonna change to the Note 5 when it released this year?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My note 4 has been the best device I've owned this far. Prior to this it was my HTC M8. I have a note 3 that I still enjoy and use for work. To be honest, I will grab the note 5. Initially I told myself not to do it because again the Note 4 is great. Thanks to the leaks and beefed up specs the Note 5 is said to have, I just can't resist.

Many people are disappointed that there likely will be no removable battery and SD card slot. My question to you all is, will the top notch Note 5 specs be enough to sway you to a Note 5 or are the sealed battery and the lack of an SD slot too much to get over?

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Faster processor. 4 gigs of ram. 4100 mAh battery. If these are true than absolutely. I still using an S3. Used 7 gigs of my 8 gig card and 14 of 32 gigs on board. I would probably go with a 64 gig version just to be safe.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
User replaceable battery is a must have for me and is far more important than what the phone looks like. I could probably live without a microSD card but not without a removable battery. I don't think it will be too long before I have to replace the battery in my Note 4 and it's not even a year old. Batteries do not last forever, everyone knows that. I will not even consider Note 5 as my next phone if it doesn't offer this option, no matter how good its specs are.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't say if I will update to the Note 5 -- It is hard to say yes to a phone I know nothing about (unless I believe the rumors) :D.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If the Note 5 won't lag I will definitely upgrade. I've played with the S6 and S6 Edge in the stores and it seems to have little to no lag. With the supposed 4gb ram and improved touch wiz on note 5 I would love to upgrade.

Main lag on my note 4 is pushing the recent apps button. There's a good 3-5 sec lag before the recent apps tags pop up doesn't sound like much lag but when you're multitasking and stuff it is quite annoying

Posted via the Android Central App

TheCyberpunk

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
i have used samsung for years starting with the Moment,Galaxy epic,s2,s3,s5, Note 2,3,4 but im currently having
doubts. Well doubts is at under statement. The new devices are short lived. In 2-3 months after release Sammy wants to do a encore with a upgraded model. So I will not buy a new release. I'll buy in Jan - Feb. Wkhen all the upgrades are done.
The lack of the SD card is a rea l big deal breaker. I'm a flashoholic so I use my 128gb card. If I dont have expandable
memory than I will buy Apple

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
i have used samsung for years starting with the Moment,Galaxy epic,s2,s3,s5, Note 2,3,4 but im currently having
doubts. Well doubts is at under statement. The new devices are short lived. In 2-3 months after release Sammy wants to do a encore with a upgraded model. So I will not buy a new release. I'll buy in Jan - Feb. Wkhen all the upgrades are done.
The lack of the SD card is a rea l big deal breaker. I'm a flashoholic so I use my 128gb card. If I dont have expandable
memory than I will buy Apple

If (lack of) expandable memory is the basis of your argument and something you can't do without. I'm curious why would you switch to Apple? They never had expandable memory.

Seth Perry1

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
If (lack of) expandable memory is the basis of your argument and something you can't do without. I'm curious why would you switch to Apple? They never had expandable memory.
Because they are saying that the only thing Samsung had on Apple was the expandable memory.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Because they are saying that the only thing Samsung had on Apple was the expandable memory.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I do not understand this argument alot of people have been saying. Completely different OS. If an SD card is all that is keeping you to android then I believe that those saying they will switch the Apple are just looking for an excuse to do so.

Just use what is best for you and be done with it.

Last edited:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I will purchase the Note 5 as soon as my carrier has color options over black or white. I would love to see the Gem colors of the S6 and S6 edge on the Note 5 plus at least one color only available on the Note 5.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. I had the s6e and g4 and now back to the note 4. The s6 is what I am look if only it were note sized. Don't really need an s pen but doesn't hurt either.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Not sure.

My Note 4 serves me well, I know there's some problems with it but I think it's software side other than Hardware itself.

I'm curious about the 4GB and LPDRR4.. But I think I'm skipping till Note 6 or use something else between days of using the Note 4 as a daily driver.

Note line has always been my main devices, but I'm not convinced enough to purchase Note 5 unless something happens to my Note 4.

anon(1863217)

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching. A) Because I like to have the new flagship when it comes out. B) I miss the screen size of the Note phones; I switched from the Note 4 to the S6 and although I love the phone (Newest Flagship) I miss the screen real estate.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching. A) Because I like to have the new flagship when it comes out. B) I miss the screen size of the Note phones; I switched from the Note 4 to the S6 and although I love the phone (Newest Flagship) I miss the screen real estate.

Payment plan or out of pocket?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I'll be holding off on the 5 and keep working with my Note 4 for now. The Note 5 will have to offer some really strong reasons to upgrade or I'll wait for the Note 6. I'm finding comfort in using this old (1 year), reliable workhorse.