Anyone gonna change to the Note 5 when it released this year?

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope to be. When Samsung released the GS6 I instantly wanted a Note in the same design (I've been thinking about switching to a phablet for a while now).

I have full confidence that Samsung will nail the hardware (I don't care about removable batteries or sd cards).

I'm a bit worried about the software. I've been reading everything I can about touchwiz experiences on the Note 4 and Galaxy S6. What I've read kind of scares me and makes me think I'll miss being on a nexus. If Samsung can get Android M running smoothly on the Note 5 (doesn't need to be at launch, just in a timely manner) I would love to get a Note 5.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Sure, if you don't mind knowing that your phone will, without a doubt, lag at some point.

Posted via the Android Central App

I would agree with you I've had a laggy S5 and touchwiz was terrible however since moving to the note 4 and putting nova launcher on it I've seen no lag whatsoever on this phone.

That's not to say its as fast as stock android like the nexus range but we are talking very minimal difference and for that the extras the note provides make it the better choice for me personally.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Nope by the time I'll be upgrading again Samsung has better come to their senses in terms of needs. Or else I'll switch to LG.

Samsung shouldn't think twice about turning the note series into a form over function phone, that seems to be the point of the S line.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably be moving to the Note 5

The issues with a removable battery/SD card slot aren't a concern for me... Just happy that it'll be a decent pahblet :)

I love my Nexus 6 however and will retain that for the Vanilla Android experience, my Galaxy Alpha will be sold on (this is my business mobile) and the N6 will take it's place, the Note 5 will be my personal mobile!

I have shovel-like hands though so big phones suit me!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
How is the edge compared to the regular s6? I am curious as to whats the difference. Please superior tell me. Lol

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Batteries just don't last long enough!!
I'm going to keep my Note 3, It's in mint condition and I can simply change the battery to keep it going as long as I choose to use it!!👍😊

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

Last edited:

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Why do people say I'm am keeping my note 4? Do people buy phones straight up every time a new one comes out or something?

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
After looking at what the Note 5 will most likely have, I am impressed. And my contract with Verizon is up. But, non removable battery has got me stopped.
I really like being able to change the battery with a fresh one. I am get the Note Edge.

Galaxy S5

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on what the total specs are for the note 5. I'm using the Note 4 currently and it is amazing. No "need" to upgrade at this time.

However the S6 Edge plus seems more appealing to me for the dual curved screen. May not be as powerful as the Note 4 (4gb ram vs 3 for the edge plus) but the curved screen would be a big reason to upgrade now.

Either way I won't be upgrading till the earliest October. That's when my employer allows us to upgrade phones, fully paid for by them! Can't go wrong there!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what the total specs are for the note 5. I'm using the Note 4 currently and it is amazing. No "need" to upgrade at this time.

However the S6 Edge plus seems more appealing to me for the dual curved screen. May not be as powerful as the Note 4 (4gb ram vs 3 for the edge plus) but the curved screen would be a big reason to upgrade now.

Either way I won't be upgrading till the earliest October. That's when my employer allows us to upgrade phones, fully paid for by them! Can't go wrong there!

Wait, the note 4 had 4 gb's ram?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh the NOTE 5 has it, not the Note 4 lol. Doesn't the phone have to have a 64 bit cpu in order to be able to use 4 gb's ram like the Note 5 has?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So far after all the leaks I'm pretty happy with what I've seen, not that I wouldn't add anything additional like a bigger battery and sdcard. As of now I'm pretty sure my next phone will be the Note 5 or maybe even the Edge depending on what the final specs are. And I still can't count out the new Nexus, either way I'm pretty excited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac