GPS: Why is this not a bigger concern?

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
After recently getting the Note 4 last month to bide my time until the Note 5, I realized that my phone had ABSOLUTELY HORRID GPS connection. It was able to detect satellites but near impossible to use because it wouldn't lock in.

After much research it turned out that although some people didn't have any problems, this was a very common occurrence. And guess what? Same problem with the Note 3.

My fix was opening up the phone and adjusting the connection points which I would absolutely not be doing with a brand new phone.

The point I'm just trying to bring up is that I'm surprised that this hasn't really been brought up. The last two generations have the same problem and I will not be getting the next one until I know for a fact that this has been solved!

Kwaii64

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The galaxy s4 depending on the custom Rom had a lot of GPS problems. My note 4 has flawless GPS on the stock rom(rooted of course) but there are custom roms out there for the note 4 that specify what's working and what isn't. With the amazing gps and extremely fast data I'm stuck on stock.

Now if straight out the box and even with some rebooting you still have gps problems I'm guessing that store has a bad batch. I'd recommend going to another store of the same carrier for the same phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you may have a dud / need to exchange if you can. I haven't had GPS issues on any of my previous Samsung devices (including the Note 4).

itony

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i wish i could switch it lol unfortunately it was used off ebay and after i opened up the phone and adjusted it, the gps has been terrific.

I'm not complaining this is more of a potential PSA to potential note 5-ers. Just wanted to put it out there and see what the consensus was here.

I read a lot of people say their phones are fine but a simple google search will show a lot of threads about this problem
ex: GPS close to unusable :/ | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/453482-samsung-galaxy-note-4-gps-problem.html

thanks

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I have no issue what so ever with my GPS, In fact it's way better than my Note 3 (which had some minor issues on tracking upcoming roads for some reason)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol