What size battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I read rumors a month or two ago about the Note 5 having a 4100mAh battery like the Motorola MAXX phones did. I wish that was true, but sadly don't believe Samsung will have the guts to make a slightly thicker phone for better battery life. Most likely we'll just get an average Phablet sized battery like 3200mAh ?

But has there been any concrete evidence as to the battery yet ?

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
The only leak that has NOT referenced the 4100 mah battery is the now-discredited sprint spec sheet that leaked and obviously was just a placeholder with the specs from the note 4.

So while 4100 hasn't been confirmed, its one of the more solid rumors out there because its been consistent for most of a year now.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning closer to 3000 mAh, just call it a hunch

While you've been a bit vague for obvious reasons, your statements around here have been spot on so far. A 3000 or thereabouts mAh battery on the Note would be really bad news, and possibly drop it out of contention for me, especially with it being non-removable. I hope this is the one thing that you have wrong.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just based on the pictures that leaked online earlier today, I'd be real surprised if they were able to squeeze in a 4100 mAh battery into that device since it doesn't appear to be much bigger than a GS6, which only has a 2550 mAh battery, at least if the rumored size is accurate

SaladMaster

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
If u look at the last picture of the ringke fusion case coming out..
Its on Amazon. Search ringke note 5 case

You can see on the middle of right side of phone a slot that looks just like the slot at top of phone people say is for sim card..So if there are two identical slots, wouldnt you bet that one is for microSD? Possible its just a mock image, but it definitely feels legit. Other than that..anything less than 3500MaH non-removeable will definitely be a big bummer..I cant go a full day on Note 4 with just slightly over moderate useage..
I love those days when you go crazy using your phone alot for pictures & videos etc..& still pulling off a whole day with no need for charge..That would put a smile on my face.

What are ya'llz thoughts?

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Salad master, if you read my other thread, I have a chance to play around with it for 10 minutes, thanks to a person who works for Sammy. I did not see any SD slots and the person confirmed that there won't be one as it is not compatible with their new memory controller. HOWEVER having said that US version might be different, I had a go with Asian version, also rumour has it Chinese version might be dual sim.

SaladMaster

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
OK, thanks. I did read all your posts..So yes, I am saying that perhaps US version will have SD slot based on the amazon case photos..Of course, wont know for sure until AUG 13. I just would assume based on phone only being a slight cpu/memory upgrade & new phone & pen design that if they took away swappable battery & sd slot..that seems like as much a downgrade as an upgrade..to almost every Note 4 owner I bet would agree..but who knows..companies want to push those storage upgrades to cash in more $ like apple does..so why Samsung gonna be any different?? that short term loss of fans may be miniscule in long-term.

Thanks for your input & i look 4ward to seeing what truth rings true from your posts, :)

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Correct I was also told, that removable storage created to problems for them one lag or interface, two incompatibility their new memory controller.
Also marketing guy said that people who desire SD and battery removal are not the target audience, they make up for a very very small percentage compared to all the users who buy phone based on looks. Apple never done removable storage and nobody blamed then, heck even google recommended to shift away from it. Plus as you said it costs them probably 5 bucks to double the memory and they can charge 100 dollars more for that. My only gripe with this is that everyone say well there is a cloud storage, but it is really difficult to find any provider that gives unlimited internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke