If there's a Note 5 and an Edge version, which one are you getting?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It might be 2 versions a la GS6, unless there's only the Note 5 and the rumored GS6 Edge plus.
In any case, which one are you going for?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If I had to choose between them, probably the Note 5 with no edge. The edge on both the Note 4 and the S6 didn't win me over.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure its either the Note 5 of GS6 Edge+
But to answer your question, Id probably go with the Note 5 no edges....holding the GS6 Edge was a bit uncomfortable to me...the edges felt sharp

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
For me I'll have to hold both in my hands and play with each to decide, but if I had to choose right now I'd say the S6 Edge plus.

It's unique enough to make me upgrade my note 4, with its curved edges. There's just not enough difference for me to upgrade to the Note 5 right away

Posted via the Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'd still like to see the final specs before I commit but as of know I'm leaning towards the Note because it's looking like there is a little more under the hood. I do think I would prefer a curved edge from what I've seen the G6 Edge in stores.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If no sd slot- neither. If an sd slot, perhaps the Note 5, but want to also check out the Moto X with 64GB storage and sd slot. My Note 4 still rocks, so perhaps just stick with it :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a GS6 Edge and have never felt weird or uncomfortable with the edges.

I'm still paying the phone, not only for the edges but I went with the 64GB version.
But heck, it's a great device, the best phone I've ever owned!
It also makes people turn to see it everywhere I go.

I think the rumored GS6 Edge plus will be a Note 5 Edge.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't like that the GS6 Edge+ doesn't have a S-Pen. I don't get a note device because they're too big for my taste, but I sure like the added productivity the S-Pen provides.

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Rarely used the S-Pen so I'm leaning toward the S6 Edge+

but never had an edge phone, and don't know if I really would use the edge part, probably go back to Best Buy tomorrow to hold it again

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Rarely used the S-Pen so I'm leaning toward the S6 Edge+

but never had an edge phone, and don't know if I really would use the edge part, probably go back to Best Buy tomorrow to hold it again

Yes, there are many people who don't really need the S-Pen, I actually know people that have Note 3 or 4 phones and never used the S-Pen.

Like I said before, I would be happy to have the S-Pen with my GS6 Edge just because of all the extra features it provides.
Wish Samsung had those features on the Galaxy S line too... :(

Anyway, definitely go to the stores and play with the phones you like, that way you'll know for certain which phone you feel better with.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd say a Note 5 Edge.

I actually did like the Edges, but if we have to say which one I'd BUY, then the non-edged version. The Edge is too expensive as of right now.