My real expence with Note 5

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
There are new "leaks" on DroidLife, BGR etc. some good pics.
The battery is 3000mAh. that is only 220mAh smaller than Note 4 battery and I used to get to the end of the day with 70% left on the Note 4.
it's an S6 Edge reversed. the flat is the front, curved is the back. Feels odd holding my S6 edge "backwards"

Looks very nice. I was thinking about going the the note 5, but I do love my edge. battery and SD card is not an issue for me.
never owned a "2nd" battery, never needed one.
Never used and SD card in any phone, 30MB/s slow storage is unless storage.
64GB covers 100% of my needs with 25GB left unused.
I just wish AT&T would get off their asses and give me 5.1.1 STILL sitting on 5.0.2

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I heard it claimed and possible shrunken again and Samsung stubborn again and want to get on 3,000 mAh battery? With 4K display? Hello? What wrong Samsung's doing or i don't know if Samsung are getting drunk already and decided it? Kinda disappointment to hear these but wait till Aug. 13 to claims it

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It seems inconceivable that Samsung would make the battery smaller than the Note 4... especially after all the fuss about it being non removable. Ok the processor will be more power efficient, but wait until an update screws that up completely and your left with 4 hours less battery time. .. nobody exactly jumps on that problem and rectifies it.... your left for months in the HOPE it will be fixed with another update at some point. It all seems like a joke to customers surely. The battery in my S6 Edge is fine but wot will 5.1.1 bring. ...... That's my point. Bad move Samsung if the battery specs are correct for the Note 5.

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I heard it claimed and possible shrunken again and Samsung stubborn again and want to get on 3,000 mAh battery? With 4K display? Hello? What wrong Samsung's doing or i don't know if Samsung are getting drunk already and decided it? Kinda disappointment to hear these but wait till Aug. 13 to claims it

It's actually 2k screen, not 4k. So far it seems there is only one source claiming 3000mAh and others are just copying from there. Will see on launch day.
If true, that's a bit disappointing though I think hardware would be efficient enough for 3000mAh.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If all this is true, I will be keeping my Note 4. This could be a blessing in disguise, since I can still use all my accessories, including extra battery and microSD cards. It's still a great phone!

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It's actually 2k screen, not 4k. So far it seems there is only one source claiming 3000mAh and others are just copying from there. Will see on launch day.
If true, that's a bit disappointing though I think hardware would be efficient enough for 3000mAh.

Oh thanks for corrected it and hope samsung doesn't go into wrong down the road like they did to samsung galaxy s6 and edge as well and despite it hurt samsung sale and profits so samsung get big blame for sure

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Knowing how much battery life is affected in Lollipop I think I will take every mAh I can get. I see no point reducing battery size apart from making phone slimmer. You Know that when M comes out so will new set of bugs.

I just saw Xperia Z5 leak online with built in fingerprint sensor into power button. Knowing sony it will most likely be waterproof and have a big battery. I want to know when is that coming out. Then again knowing sony they usually quick to abandon their product support.... *cough* walkman, xperia arc...

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Experience Store met Note 5 Today

Hi, all

I, along with many of you, am anxiously awaiting the note 5.
I have a friend who works in the Samsung store in a Best Buy. I asked him if he had seen the retail packaging leaks today and his comment was "I can't talk about what I've seen today and that's all I can say.". Under further probing, he simply said " Its gonna be good.". The time is near. I need to find some patience.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It seems inconceivable that Samsung would make the battery smaller than the Note 4... especially after all the fuss about it being non removable. Ok the processor will be more power efficient, but wait until an update screws that up completely and your left with 4 hours less battery time. .. nobody exactly jumps on that problem and rectifies it.... your left for months in the HOPE it will be fixed with another update at some point. It all seems like a joke to customers surely. The battery in my S6 Edge is fine but wot will 5.1.1 bring. ...... That's my point. Bad move Samsung if the battery specs are correct for the Note 5.

via the Android Central App With S6 Edge

That is the main reason I want the Note 5, because lollipop "killed" my Note 4 and the things I used the most don't work right or not as they used to, my battery life is terrible now and my phone lags and stops and freezes more often...I bought the spare battery for my Note4 and I never used it, except to test it, never needed it, then came 5.1.1, I change the battery every day now, sometimes twice...if I can I'm gonna ignore the next android update for as long as possible on the Note5...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The thing is the s6 edge sells like hotcakes despite serious hardware and software problems. When the accelerometers burned out Sammy wouldn't even fix them. Instead a software cover up was ota'ed. If that piece of junk sells I'm sure the note 5 will no matter how lame it is.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
That is the main reason I want the Note 5, because lollipop "killed" my Note 4 and the things I used the most don't work right or not as they used to, my battery life is terrible now and my phone lags and stops and freezes more often...I bought the spare battery for my Note4 and I never used it, except to test it, never needed it, then came 5.1.1, I change the battery every day now, sometimes twice...if I can I'm gonna ignore the next android update for as long as possible on the Note5...

Wonder if a rogue app/s? Had my Note 4 VZW since launch and have literally hundreds of app and only 1.5GB free internal storage (I had 3.5GB, but Lollipop took another 2GB due to ART). I kill the apps I can since not rooted and Package Disabler even kills Knox. No lag issues and have my device almost always in power save mode (except when playing some heavy game emulators).

The Note 4 has been the best device I have used and have had a bunch since the G1. I agree though that Lollipop is an over hyped needless update. All it seems good for is hogging more ram and taking 15% more storage space due to ART.

Added: I do not see the performance hit even though more ram is used.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Not Necessarily about the Ram
I have a device with 3GB of ram (S6) and a device with 4GB of ram (Asus Zenfone 2), and the difference in performance is quite noticeable. Yes its true they have different OS but you can tell the 4GB works much better especially when opening a bunch of apps. I use my Zenfone 2 mainly for games, and was able to run Tomb Raider and Asphalt with no lag at all. I doubt the S6 would run as smooth with the same apps.

The problem is that a very high number of people blindly believe the official statements about how Android automatically manages RAM efficiently, even people who are popular 'techies'. I'm not one of those people and can clearly see with my own eyes the gradual decay of performance as RAM starts to fill and be automatic management of the OS kicks in. And for the record, no I do not use those 3rd party RAM management apps. Let me ask all the believers out there one simple question: If Android handles RAM as well as we are being led to believe, why has it kept climbing upwards from 2MB as the norm to now 3-4MB in such a short span of time? It's not because of spec wars.

The old and oft-repeated mantra "unused RAM is wasted RAM" is simply false. IF Android managed it as well as advertised I would agree, but it doesn't.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that a very high number of people blindly believe the official statements about how Android automatically manages RAM efficiently, even people who are popular 'techies'. I'm not one of those people and can clearly see with my own eyes the gradual decay of performance as RAM starts to fill and be automatic management of the OS kicks in. And for the record, no I do not use those 3rd party RAM management apps. Let me ask all the believers out there one simple question: If Android handles RAM as well as we are being led to believe, why has it kept climbing upwards from 2MB as the norm to now 3-4MB in such a short span of time? It's not because of spec wars.

The old and oft-repeated mantra "unused RAM is wasted RAM" is simply false. IF Android managed it as well as advertised I would agree, but it doesn't.

Well its no question that Android's ram management has been questioned, but I am speaking from experience. You should try an android with 4GB of ram I could assure you that your experience with it will not be the same as one with 3GB of ram. Atleast in my experience thats how it has been.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Well its no question that Android's ram management has been questioned, but I am speaking from experience. You should try an android with 4GB of ram I could assure you that your experience with it will not be the same as one with 3GB of ram. Atleast in my experience thats how it has been.

I was agreeing with you ;)

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So note officially announced. But no pricing yet. Here in Thailand w have pricing already. All the specs mentioned before are true. Really upset about 7420 not 7422 and only 3000 mah battery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie