Note 5 Benchmark Scores from Antutu

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This phone should definitely be a power performer
_______
AnTuTu says that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 scored 69,702 points in its mobile benchmark

AnTuTu claims that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was spotted in its benchmark database with a score of 69,702 points, while the Galaxy S6 edge+ appears to have obtained a score 68,345 points. Back in mid-July, AnTuTu compiled a list of the best-performing Android smartphones of H1 2015, and the Galaxy S6 topped the rankings with an average score of 67,520 points, followed by the Galaxy S6 edge with an average score of 63,910 points.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is the undisputed king of hardware for Android powered phones. If they fix memory management and put a large enough battery in the Note 5 - it is a winner.

However, Droid-Life is reporting that the battery is 3000 mah like the Moto X Pure/Style and has a micro USB port. I am curious to see what Samsung has in store for the camera. If Samsung tries to charge $300 on contract for this phone - it better bring it. Samsung phones used to have some serious advantages over the competitors but now most of those advantages are gone.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is the undisputed king of hardware for Android powered phones. If they fix memory management and put a large enough battery in the Note 5 - it is a winner.

However, Droid-Life is reporting that the battery is 3000 mah like the Moto X Pure/Style and has a micro USB port. I am curious to see what Samsung has in store for the camera. If Samsung tries to charge $300 on contract for this phone - it better bring it. Samsung phones used to have some serious advantages over the competitors but now most of those advantages are gone.

Your absolutely right, $300 or more on contract for the note 5 or gs6+... or $400 + whatever you add on for customization for the moto pure with no contractual agreement or worry about carriers holding out on updates... They better bring it on strong cause it's not looking too well - I'll take a non negligible little every day use performance hit and buy the Pure and sell it next year for the real Note series upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Benches mean nothing if the overall UX isn't optimized.

Samsung nearly got it with the S6 but the horrendous RAM management is a serious issue for those who multitask frequently.

Hope they fix that in the Note 5, because from my time using the S6, the phone redrew the home screen too many times.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Benches mean nothing if the overall UX isn't optimized.

Samsung nearly got it with the S6 but the horrendous RAM management is a serious issue for those who multitask frequently.

Hope they fix that in the Note 5, because from my time using the S6, the phone redrew the home screen too many times.

Hopefully the 4GB of ram helps with that

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Judging by score difference between S6 and Note 5, I reckon it is running 7420 slightly overclocked, I was hoping for 7422. I was told by person who showed me note 5 that it is running 7420.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Still not getting the assertions on ram management since from an Android management standpoint is done at the Android level. You can step tweak and allocate with rom mods, but that is superseded by Android and even MORE so with the near future M. The ram is not Samsung's fault but 100% Android design. The ram allocation for the chipset (gpu and video) is about the only wiggle room and that is a fixed allocation.

If folks here understand how stack registers and ram allocations work on a PC, think of Android as the same thing, but instead of register addresses for apps and a few app cores loaded in the background, Android stuffs the main core of apps in ram based on the system stock apps, app usage trend and also priority ram load-in can be weaseled by more "assertive" app devs.

4GB will get filled up too, but a few hundred megs more free than 3GB. based on the proportional increase in ram. Android loves to fill it up- especially Lollipop.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Still not getting the assertions on ram management since from an Android management standpoint is done at the Android level. You can step tweak and allocate with rom mods, but that is superseded by Android and even MORE so with the near future M. The ram is not Samsung's fault but 100% Android design. The ram allocation for the chipset (gpu and video) is about the only wiggle room and that is a fixed allocation.

If folks here understand how stack registers and ram allocations work on a PC, think of Android as the same thing, but instead of register addresses for apps and a few app cores loaded in the background, Android stuffs the main core of apps in ram based on the system stock apps, app usage trend and also priority ram load-in can be weaseled by more "assertive" app devs.

4GB will get filled up too, but a few hundred megs more free than 3GB. based on the proportional increase in ram. Android loves to fill it up- especially Lollipop.

Well, as good as that explanation is, it doesn't explain how the S6 kept reloading apps stored in memory while the LG G4 kept the same apps in memory and loaded right from where it was left off.

Clearly, something is fishy.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, as good as that explanation is, it doesn't explain how the S6 kept reloading apps stored in memory while the LG G4 kept the same apps in memory and loaded right from where it was left off.

Clearly, something is fishy.
I wonder if Knox or some other Samsung shenanigans is adding to the Android chug?

Nah, not having the issue on my Note 4 805 and I keep mine in power save mode unless playing certain emulators.

But I have most stuff disabled via Package Disabler. Paid edition. Including Knox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman