iPhone 6+ user switching to Note 5

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
@doctordwaynewilliams how's the struggle going? Are you settling into your Note 5 now?

I've been doing OK with it. I haven't touched my iPad since getting the Note 5. I have had it for 9 days. The phone is really fast. I like the wireless charging. I have always liked using the s-pen. So I am back to my old ways with that. Battery life isn't the greatest. But I can't tell if it is just that the battery is worse or if it because I use my phone more now. When I had my iPhone/iPad combo, I never used my phone when I was at work or at home because I was on my iPad. That conserved my battery a lot throughout the day. Now I'm Note 5 all day for everything.

Note in my house!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So, the real trick will be in the next 5-6 days, once you're up to\past your 14 day return period. Ah, decisions, decisions... ;)

I've been doing OK with it. I haven't touched my iPad since getting the Note 5. I have had it for 9 days. The phone is really fast. I like the wireless charging. I have always liked using the s-pen. So I am back to my old ways with that. Battery life isn't the greatest. But I can't tell if it is just that the battery is worse or if it because I use my phone more now. When I had my iPhone/iPad combo, I never used my phone when I was at work or at home because I was on my iPad. That conserved my battery a lot throughout the day. Now I'm Note 5 all day for everything.

Note in my house!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. And I know how sensitive I will be. Any hiccup in the next week and I'm going to want to return it.

Note in my house!

I've always said that iPhones are great phones, boring but great, I had the first 3, but once I moved to Android I've never looked back. I still need to work with them as I'm the IT Manager and I need to work with a couple of them but if you want to be sure that you made the correct choice buying the Note 5, just look at this thread and spend around 30 minutes looking at the YouTube video and I assure you you'll stay with your Note 5 even if you find one or two hiccups in the next days, the pros are waaay more than any cons you may find, and you will, no phone is perfect.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/595988-best-detailed-video-ever-about-our-note-5-a.html#post4755763

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the IT field, too. My current position is the Help Desk Manager, and staying abreast with latest technology, as you know, is a must.
I agree with you wholeheartedly...

I've always said that iPhones are great phones, boring but great, I had the first 3, but once I moved to Android I've never looked back. I still need to work with them as I'm the IT Manager and I need to work with a couple of them but if you want to be sure that you made the correct choice buying the Note 5, just look at this thread and spend around 30 minutes looking at the YouTube video and I assure you you'll stay with your Note 5 even if you find one or two hiccups in the next days, the pros are waaay more than any cons you may find, and you will, no phone is perfect.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ideo-ever-about-our-note-5-a.html#post4755763

dtoep01

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Just came to iPhone 6s+ from Note 5. Android guy for years lg to htc nexus but my fave has always been Samsung! New Samsung device every year wo fail. My decision to go iOS was not easy!owned every Note phone but 4 was fave with removable batt & SIM card + Love customization, widgets and s-pen . Although going to miss android, there is a lot to be said about iOS Eco system, imess, smooth flow, FaceTime etc..Note 5 fun for awhile but also so many things that I think you may miss from iPhone too. I can see that Apple needs to get busy in several areas because android is leaving them in the dust! That being said, Apple can and will catchup in these areas a believe they will come to the table with a product that will work flawlessly and be as solid as their devices are known to be. I cannot tell you the number of android phones that I have had to have repaired/replaced in all of my years using them. Apple .. keep doing what you do best but keep an eye on the Samsungs and the rest of the android world. Good luck with Note 5, fun device but my prediction is...you will be back to iOS!
Best wishes

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just came to iPhone 6s+ from Note 5. Android guy for years lg to htc nexus but my fave has always been Samsung! New Samsung device every year wo fail. My decision to go iOS was not easy!owned every Note phone but 4 was fave with removable batt & SIM card + Love customization, widgets and s-pen . Although going to miss android, there is a lot to be said about iOS Eco system, imess, smooth flow, FaceTime etc..Note 5 fun for awhile but also so many things that I think you may miss from iPhone too. I can see that Apple needs to get busy in several areas because android is leaving them in the dust! That being said, Apple can and will catchup in these areas a believe they will come to the table with a product that will work flawlessly and be as solid as their devices are known to be. I cannot tell you the number of android phones that I have had to have repaired/replaced in all of my years using them. Apple .. keep doing what you do best but keep an eye on the Samsungs and the rest of the android world. Good luck with Note 5, fun device but my prediction is...you will be back to iOS!
Best wishes
It's tricky. I go back and forth between those two devices. I can't seem to make up my mind seeing as though I currently own both devices. I went to the iPhone 6S Plus back in December and have been just fine. Decided to break out the Note 5 for a bit a couple of nights ago and have been playing with it consistently since doing so. There is just something about this device that is intriguing.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
It's tricky. I go back and forth between those two devices. I can't seem to make up my mind seeing as though I currently own both devices. I went to the iPhone 6S Plus back in December and have been just fine. Decided to break out the Note 5 for a bit a couple of nights ago and have been playing with it consistently since doing so. There is just something about this device that is intriguing.
So how does the note 5 compare to the 6 plus in your eyes I own the 6 plus with t-mobile and I'm currently using the note 5 with Samsung's test drive promotion and not all the way sure what I'm gonna do after this month trial

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

So how does the note 5 compare to the 6 plus in your eyes I own the 6 plus with t-mobile and I'm currently using the note 5 with Samsung's test drive promotion and not all the way sure what I'm gonna do after this month trial

I go back and forth between the two as well. The iPhone 6S Plus and the Note 5 are the two phones I regularly switch between. They are the two best phones out right now IMO. There are a few things that keep drawing me back to the iPhone, and one of them is iMessage. Another thing is just easy and quickness of use. It's so quick and easy to snap a pic and send if off in iMessage, everything just seems seamless.

On the other hand, the Note 5 feels great in the hand, has an awesome display, is pretty quick in it's own right, but not as fluid as the iPhone. The build quality of the Note 5 is right there with the iPhone, even the buttons. I can't believe I finally have a Samsung phone that doesn't rattle, or have mushy buttons.

It drives me nuts to keep switching phones, but I just can't decide. I thought about selling one, but who am I kidding; which one would I keep? And to make matters worse, I'm thinking about picking up the Nexus 6p and giving that a go. But I'm not a "pure Android" kind of guy; I like all the extras thrown in.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I plan on going back and forth between both devices as well. I get bored of phones easily so it's nice to go back to something different.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Think I might stick with this note 5 if I was able to buy both phones I probably would kind of glad that option is not available for me lol I only have the 6 plus not the s line ahhh decisions decisions... Not sure if this month trial will be enough for me to make a decision...

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I go back and forth between the two as well. The iPhone 6S Plus and the Note 5 are the two phones I regularly switch between. They are the two best phones out right now IMO. There are a few things that keep drawing me back to the iPhone, and one of them is iMessage. Another thing is just easy and quickness of use. It's so quick and easy to snap a pic and send if off in iMessage, everything just seems seamless.

On the other hand, the Note 5 feels great in the hand, has an awesome display, is pretty quick in it's own right, but not as fluid as the iPhone. The build quality of the Note 5 is right there with the iPhone, even the buttons. I can't believe I finally have a Samsung phone that doesn't rattle, or have mushy buttons.

It drives me nuts to keep switching phones, but I just can't decide. I thought about selling one, but who am I kidding; which one would I keep? And to make matters worse, I'm thinking about picking up the Nexus 6p and giving that a go. But I'm not a "pure Android" kind of guy; I like all the extras thrown in.

Yep, I have both (iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5) as well. Also have a Nexus 6 chilling out on my computer desk. I use the iPhone 6s Plus more mainly because of iMessage. I almost hate Apple for making it so damn good. LOL

Posted via the Android Central App

donkiluminate

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I have both (iPhone 6s Plus and Note 5) as well. Also have a Nexus 6 chilling out on my computer desk. I use the iPhone 6s Plus more mainly because of iMessage. I almost hate Apple for making it so damn good. LOL

Can I just ask what's so great about iMessage?

Having bounced back and forth from an iphone, Note 5, and a Lumia the only thing I can see that is great about it is if my wife sends me a video of our kids the video quality is better.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Can I just ask what's so great about iMessage?

Having bounced back and forth from an iphone, Note 5, and a Lumia the only thing I can see that is great about it is if my wife sends me a video of our kids the video quality is better.

I think you really only see the benefits if the majority of your regular contacts use iPhones. 99% of my friends and family are on iMessage so I'm used to not having to deal with all the limitations of carrier based SMS/MMS texting.

chrisforpm

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I think you really only see the benefits if the majority of your regular contacts use iPhones. 99% of my friends and family are on iMessage so I'm used to not having to deal with all the limitations of carrier based SMS/MMS texting.

Agreed. There is just something about imessage that works. It helps that like you, 99% of family and friends have an iPhone. Group messaging is just easier and works.

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
On the Note 5 you can use Simple Share that sends pictures or videos at normal quality. It takes a while to send depending on file size but I like this feature a lot better

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS: I returned my iPhone 6s Plus, earlier today and now back to a Note 5. I thought I could do without customizations and file management. Clearly I can't...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance