iPhone 6+ user switching to Note 5

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
In a week you'll buy another iPhone... I switch at least once a week between my iPhone and Note 5..gave up on trying to stick to only one... Lol

Posted via Apple 6s+ or Note 5...

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
On the Note 5 you can use Simple Share that sends pictures or videos at normal quality. It takes a while to send depending on file size but I like this feature a lot better

Is that the same thing as the Settings\Wireless and networks\More\Media share\Nearby devices? Don't see a Simple Share option in Settings. Could be that Verizon removed that feature, though.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Problem with using iMessage is that once you message other people with an iPhone and then switch over to Android, you'll run into problems. Mostly for me it was people not seeing my messages though I could see theirs. AT&T helped with that and within a few days things got back to normal. I really couldn't distinguish between iMessage and the Note 5 app. Looks and works in a very similar manner. BTW, I had no trouble selling my 6 Plus after owning it for just 7 months. Great resale value and don't miss it at all.

salscott

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Problem with using iMessage is that once you message other people with an iPhone and then switch over to Android, you'll run into problems. Mostly for me it was people not seeing my messages though I could see theirs. AT&T helped with that and within a few days things got back to normal. I really couldn't distinguish between iMessage and the Note 5 app. Looks and works in a very similar manner. BTW, I had no trouble selling my 6 Plus after owning it for just 7 months. Great resale value and don't miss it at all.
this is actually an Apple thing, I will confess to conspiracy theories that this is done to make users who switch to Android want to switch back. It shouldn't be that difficult switching from Apple to Android and not have texting issues.

donkiluminate

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think you really only see the benefits if the majority of your regular contacts use iPhones. 99% of my friends and family are on iMessage so I'm used to not having to deal with all the limitations of carrier based SMS/MMS texting.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I say do it. At least with most carriers you have a 14 day trial period. To me, I'd take advantage of that.
With anything, there is a learning curve with, Android .

I am thinking about moving from an iPhone to the Note 5. At this point in the game should I do it or should I wait?

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up with T-Mobile last night. Getting the Note 5 Gold for their "test drive" (20 days). Phone will arrive next Tuesday. I played around with the Note 5 at our local AT&T store and fell in love with it immediately. At my age I'm usually squinting to see things so I love the huge screen where I can actually see what I'm doing. Also the S-pen is awesome. I can utilize that for a LOT of things, especially texting where I can use it to hit the keys and write legible messages, lol.

jnew619

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking about moving from an iPhone to the Note 5. At this point in the game should I do it or should I wait?
I'm wondering the same as well especially since there might be a note 6 soon only thing is I'm using the Samsung ultimate test drive so not sure what to do when the trial period is over I love my iPhone but I'm liking this note 5 as well

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I say do it. At least with most carriers you have a 14 day trial period. To me, I'd take advantage of that.
With anything, there is a learning curve with, Android .
Heck, it takes me that long to set up my phone as I like it! I miss the old 30 day return policy. It takes me at least that long to really know if I like a phone and to discover all the bugs.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just signed up with T-Mobile last night. Getting the Note 5 Gold for their "test drive" (20 days). Phone will arrive next Tuesday. I played around with the Note 5 at our local AT&T store and fell in love with it immediately. At my age I'm usually squinting to see things so I love the huge screen where I can actually see what I'm doing. Also the S-pen is awesome. I can utilize that for a LOT of things, especially texting where I can use it to hit the keys and write legible messages, lol.
I thought they canceled the test drive program?

rookiegenius

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the Note 4 is the most well-rounded Samsung phones. It has IR, removeable battery, and SD card which the Note 5 lacks. bad move Samsung. My advice? Skip the Note 5. The Note 6 probably comes out in Summer which is only 6 months away

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the Note 4 is the most well-rounded Samsung phones. It has IR, removeable battery, and SD card which the Note 5 lacks. bad move Samsung. My advice? Skip the Note 5. The Note 6 probably comes out in Summer which is only 6 months away
I have a Note 4 and a Note Edge still and bought a Note 5 on Thursday. I don't regret getting the Note 5 one bit. Very nice phone even without the ability to swap batteries or plug in an SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon