Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
The tech21 slim case i got looks great on the phone but the lip around the feont of the phone is so thin i cant imagine it protecting at all. I wish it would have been loke the tech21 i had for my note4

which tech 21 case did you get? the one that i had for my note 2 was amazing and i was hoping to get something similar for my note 5. but t-mobile only had the wallet version in the store, which i had no interest in. tech 21 doesn't have any up on their website yet. t-mobile only has one on their website, but it's an Evo Tactical and it looked bulkier than the one i had for my note 2.

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Does this case work well with a glass screen protector? I had the voyager on my note 4 without any screen protector but haven't bought this one yet because I want it in white/grey like they made for note 4. Right now inonly see a black voyager and pink voyager for the note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, works just fine with the glass protector.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Just picked up a Black Pelican Voyager and BodyGlove glass screen protector from the AT&T store. I like how the power and volumes buttons are soft. I had the same case for my iPhone 6 Plus and could never break in the buttons. They always felt too hard but this one has a better feel.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
which tech 21 case did you get? the one that i had for my note 2 was amazing and i was hoping to get something similar for my note 5. but t-mobile only had the wallet version in the store, which i had no interest in. tech 21 doesn't have any up on their website yet. t-mobile only has one on their website, but it's an Evo Tactical and it looked bulkier than the one i had for my note 2.

The Note 5/Edge+Tech21 cases are only available in places like Best Buy right now.

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I got the thinnest, clearest, and most elegant easy to hold case from Ebay. I especially like the pullout covers for the charging port and headphone jack, and the rest of the cutouts are perfect. It is much better and thinner than the Spigen I got from Amazon. The volume button on the Spigen is flushed, so I sometimes press the volume up instead of volume down. The one from Ebay is textered.

I got a version very similar to the eBay one you got. It should be here tomorrow and i will post pics. I hope it doesn't scratch too easy

shibosway

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I got the Ringke Fusion on amazon, which is nearly identical to the ebay case except for slightly different plug covers. It's slim and fits well, hasn't scratched yet, but I'm probably going to move on to something with a textured back so I don't get bubbles and with a PC bumper for a little extra protection. For the time being I cut out a template paper with a pattern to switch it up. It has enough of a lip on the front around the screen, the camera is slightly recessed, and there are small nubs on the four corners of the back to elevate it from wherever you set it down.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases (Ringke SF Black Slim)

sharing pictures of the Ringke SF Black Slim Case... case has a conservative appearance (fits in with my profession), has a nice matte look and velvet touch, defined lines/curves, very slim and all cutouts are perfectly aligned. if you prefer to showcase your N5's back and metal sides and/or you're prone to dropping your N5, this case is not for you. :) 00_2015-08-24 22.40.38.jpg03_2015-08-24 22.39.21.jpg04_2015-08-24 22.38.42.jpg02_2015-08-24 22.36.42.jpg01_2015-08-24 22.36.18.jpg07_2015-08-24 22.35.27.jpg06_2015-08-24 22.32.23.jpg05_2015-08-24 22.29.05.jpg

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I got the Verus brown pleather care, and it is nice however it creates a dudspot where the magnet is , I hit up Verus and supposedly they said it will take 48 his for the phone to adapt to the magnet and there should be no more dead spot, I don't really think that accurate, but if in 2 days it continues I will return it back,it is a very sharp looking case tho.

Paul An

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

@cortezi What tempered glass or screen protector is that on your note? I really like that home button cutout

Paul An

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

sharing pictures of the Ringke SF Black Slim Case... case has a conservative appearance (fits in with my profession), has a nice matte look and velvet touch, defined lines/curves, very slim and all cutouts are perfectly aligned. if you prefer to showcase your N5's back and metal sides and/or you're prone to dropping your N5, this case is not for you. :) View attachment 192963View attachment 192964View attachment 192965View attachment 192966View attachment 192967View attachment 192968View attachment 192969View attachment 192970

What tempered glass or screen protector is that? I really like the home button cutout.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

@cortezi What tempered glass or screen protector is that on your note? I really like that home button cutout
hi, it's a stock screen protector that came with the case and it's not tempered glass. i'm still searching for a quality tempered screen protector that covers the screen just like the one i have now. :D

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got the spigen slim armour in the mail yesterday.

Pros
Great fit, tight around the sides of the phone. No dust is going to creep past this case.
Seems like the case can take a healthy fall.
Looks good, I got the dark blue colour.
Spen is easily accessible.

Cons
A little slippery.
The volume and power buttons are flat, difficult to find them in the dark.

All in all its one of my favourite cases I ever used. Also enjoy incipio dualpro cases, and the grippy tech 21 cases.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4635354

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I just got the spigen slim armour in the mail yesterday.

Pros
Great fit, tight around the sides of the phone. No dust is going to creep past this case.
Seems like the case can take a healthy fall.
Looks good, I got the dark blue colour.
Spen is easily accessible.

Cons
A little slippery.
The volume and power buttons are flat, difficult to find them in the dark.

All in all its one of my favourite cases I ever used. Also enjoy incipio dualpro cases, and the grippy tech 21 cases.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4635441
Glad you like it. The volume and power buttons are flat like you said, and you need to press hard to activate them. Plus, it is too bulky for me, will return it tomorrow.

nerdnificent

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Spigen Neo Hybrid as it was one of the first ones that I actually liked and could get my hands on early. The other ones I liked would have shipped too late. I didn't even unwrap my Note until the case and screen protectors got here. I got the gold and clear Neo Hybrid, and went with the Nillkin PE+ screen protector. I got some iLLumiShield Blue Light protectors as well as backups. I actually intended to use those first, but went with the glass at the last minute. I have to say, it looks solid, but I was hoping it would cover more of the face of the Note. There's a millimeter or two all around to the actual edge. But, it feels great to touch, and it's crystal clear. This is my first time with a glass screen protector. I had a Zagg InvisiShield HD on my G2. I want to get a Ringke Fusion now, the NeoHybrid is nice... but it feels a little slick to grab on the sides.

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got this one from Amazon. it's clear and covers the ports. love it. just super thin so praying I never drop my phone :/

Attachments

• 1483.jpg
    1483.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 124

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I hate cases... even thought I purchased a few (I always do, no I don't know why...LOL). I think I will just do the Squaretrade 2 year warranty for $99.

Imprzya

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

sharing pictures of the Ringke SF Black Slim Case... case has a conservative appearance (fits in with my profession), has a nice matte look and velvet touch, defined lines/curves, very slim and all cutouts are perfectly aligned. if you prefer to showcase your N5's back and metal sides and/or you're prone to dropping your N5, this case is not for you. :) View attachment 192963View attachment 192964View attachment 192965View attachment 192966View attachment 192967View attachment 192968View attachment 192969View attachment 192970

Did you use the screen protector that came with the case? I got the same case in gold but wasn't sure about installing the screen protector.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

Did you use the screen protector that came with the case? I got the same case in gold but wasn't sure about installing the screen protector.
yep, i applied the screen protector that came with the Ringke SF case. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87