08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Thanks for the Ringke Slim pics, that's one I have been considering. How is the grip with it?
    It's how you'd expect with hard TPU(?) material but it's a lot grippier than the glass and it protects against the micro-scratches. The only issue is the smudges but my hands are more oily than normal due to genetics. I am quite paranoid with my phones so I don't do anything that might result in me dropping it from a height but I expect it to at least keep the phone from completely shattering once if dropped.
    08-29-2015 08:56 PM
    I read on amazon that the spen is difficult to remove on the Ringke case. Is this true?
    Not really although it makes it more recessed. I haven't had any issues with the s-pen
    ccpopham likes this.
    08-29-2015 08:58 PM
    I purchased a Tech21 Evo Tactical case for my GN 5 before leaving the store. Great case, pebbled surface, very crisp and clean with shock absorbers imbedded. All ports very clean, buttons positioned perfectly, and easy to get on/off, but secure.
    Could you please post a couple pics of that Tech21 case?

Sent from my many devices using Tapatalk
    08-29-2015 11:40 PM

I had it when I had the s6 and returned the tech 21 tactical the same day. The bottom of it was rough on my hand, it was slippery and offered hardly any screen protection if it fell face first. I don't understand the hype behind it.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    08-30-2015 01:19 AM
    I hope eBay get some aluminium bumpers in soon. I have ordered an ultra thin Spigen case which will arrive before I get my phone so that will have to be used till I can my bumper and skin
    08-30-2015 02:12 AM
    Waiting for the Caseology Wavelength cases for the Note 5...they are beautiful!
    I'm waiting for this one also. It will be my third case and hopefully my last. Unless I decided to go with their Vault case also. I really like the looks of both.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 07:03 AM
    Has anyone bought the Samsung clear case the one that's 59.99?

If so how do you like it?

I'm wavering between that one and the sview case ,so I can use my 30% off coupon.

I read that the clear case for the S6 was scratching up people's screens, I'm hoping Samsung corrected that issue.

08-30-2015 09:24 AM
    Has anyone bought the Samsung clear case the one that's 59.99?

If so how do you like it?

I'm wavering between that one and the sview case ,so I can use my 30% off coupon.

I read that the clear case for the S6 was scratching up people's screens, I'm hoping Samsung corrected that issue.

I had one for my s6 and it was gorgeous. I will eventually pick one up

Sent from my smexy Note 5
    08-30-2015 03:50 PM
    I had one for my s6 and it was gorgeous. I will eventually pick one up

Sent from my smexy Note 5
    With the clear case ,can you also operate certain functions while the case is closed like the s view case?

08-30-2015 04:35 PM
    I got this one yesterday from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4649683

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152224.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152225.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152225a.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152225b.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152225c.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-0830152225d.jpg

I love the look of it. Not bulky, Feels good in the hand. Easy access to the S-Pen. Sturdy.
    ThaBlackAziatic and chan_xo like this.
    08-30-2015 10:20 PM
    This case looks neat.

Robot Check
    08-31-2015 01:00 AM
    I've been using the Spigen Thin Fit and it's a nice case but I don't know about protection in case of accident and getting the S-Pen is a bit difficult for me.
    08-31-2015 02:55 AM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4623670

This is the tech 21 Evo Tactical without the phone in it ( cuz that's all I had at the time to take the pics )
    08-31-2015 04:34 AM
    With the clear case ,can you also operate certain functions while the case is closed like the s view case?

I didn't mean that s view coffin case as I've heard bad things and it's not functional. Basically a waste of 60 dollars. I was talking about the traditional style case Samsung offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-31-2015 08:10 AM
    I didn't mean that s view coffin case as I've heard bad things and it's not functional. Basically a waste of 60 dollars. I was talking about the traditional style case Samsung offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Oh OK yeah,I'm leaning towards the sview case, instead of the 59.99 one,because the sview allows certain operations when the case is closed.

08-31-2015 08:21 AM
    I got the s view case in white. It does feel nice but it conflicts with the ability to write with the s pen while the screen is off. The cover lid is also kinda getting on my nerves, but that's just me.

I also got the spigen clear liquid crystal case and it solves almost all issues with having a naked phone. Not slippery, still looks good, provides an extra minimal bulk to make the phone feel less fragile, and protects from scuffs and scratches. I doubt it will protect from a decent drop however, so I'm still getting a UAG.
    08-31-2015 09:19 AM
    My case experiences...

• First attempt was the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S-View Clear Flip Cover. It was a really cool case and seeing notifications through the solid plastic front panel when it was closed was a neat parlor trick. It also matched the lines of the phone so while it was in use you could tell it was housing a Note 5. A lot of cases being discussed here are so big and generic that any phone can be inside and no one would know. Sadly, I picked it up at 5:00PM and by the next day at 9:00AM there were scratches all over the back of it. If you look at it crooked it scratches. I liked it so much I was thinking of crafting a screen protector for it. But a protector for a protector is a little nuts. So back it went.

Here it is: Galaxy Note5 S-View Flip Cover, Clear Black Sapphire

• Next up was a Tumi case on the VZW site. It looked great in pictures but the back is a much lighter grey than how it looked online. It was a beautiful case but it was a hard shell protective case that was near impossible to get off and on. I wanted to be able to pop the phone out easily when I wanted too and thought from the description that it was more a thin flexible case. For those looking for something tough and can get past the price it's a great case. Another thing that kind of pissed me off was when it came it said "by Incipio" so it's a licensed product not a real Tumi product. It's twice the price of the equivalent Incipio branded version it's based off of. So back it went.

Here it is: TUMI Astor Co-Mold Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Gray Coated Canvas - Verizon Wireless

• The one that made the cut was the standard S View case. Everyone has it listed as "black" but it's a pearlescent blue to match the phone and it's really different because of that. The sides are exposed but the corners are really well protected. If the phone drops, I think the design of the case would greatly enhance its survivability. The S View cover "square" is pretty cool. In addition to seeing and being able to dismiss notifications, your top 9 favorite contacts can be accessed with the case closed. You can also use the camera with the case closed and it takes really neat square pictures. It's incredibly easy to pop the phone in and out too. It's well made and looks like it'll be durable.

Here it is: Galaxy Note5 S-View Flip Cover, Black Sapphire
    08-31-2015 12:18 PM
    I bought the Verus Crystal bumper case from Verus on Amazon. The protection seems pretty decent as far as the TPU goes, similar to the Tech 21 case that I had for my Note 2. However, the coverage on the corner where the S-pen goes is pretty bleak. That plus the fact that the clear case is already slightly yellowing is making me lean towards returning it.
    08-31-2015 01:08 PM
    I am going to go with one of the Spigen thin cases that they offer... Here is my assessment and thought process on the three thin clear cases:

1. Liquid Crystal - Nice and thin (0.34"). Good protection from scratches, but not designed to take a fall.

2. Ultra Hybrid - Nice and thin, but not as thin as the liquid crystal (0.42"). Good protection from scratches and small drops.

3. Neo Hybrid - Nice and thin (0.43"). Good protection from scratches and small drops. Premium feel, especially with the metal buttons.

I am going to go for the silver Neo Hybrid... My big concern with ANY of these cases is whether they will play well with a tempered glass screen protector. Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking either Tech Armor or Skinomi.

I appreciate any comments or feedback...
    unknownuser02 likes this.
    08-31-2015 05:56 PM
    I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Love the looks and the metal buttons. It is a little loose on the sides though.

Also, hard for me to get the S-Pen out now...but I assume it would be easier for those who don't bite their nails.
    unknownuser02 likes this.
    08-31-2015 06:36 PM
    Loose in what way?

It wiggles around slightly? Or it is loose enough that you are concerned that the frame will come loose under impact?

I want to buy this case, but really want to know the worse things you can say about this case...so I go in with my eyes open...

Are you using a tempered glass screen protector? How does it fit with the case on?
    08-31-2015 06:39 PM
    Loose in that the plastic outside ring feels a little squishy on the sides. You can push it in a feel the sides moving. I doubt it will cause any problems...just weird.

EDIT: That might just be normal for these type of cases. This is my first one.

I dont have screen protector.
    08-31-2015 07:23 PM
    Loose in that the plastic outside ring feels a little squishy on the sides. You can push it in a feel the sides moving. I doubt it will cause any problems...just weird.

EDIT: That might just be normal for these type of cases. This is my first one.

I dont have screen protector.
    Thanks...my guess is that you are right...it might be normal...

When I think about the softer TPU inner case, and the hard plastic bumper, the inner case will naturally "give" a little...

This is just my guess having never handled a phone in this sort of case before...
    08-31-2015 07:50 PM
    FYI. The Ringke Slim case is $1.99 with code 6IN5KM2K . And the Ringke Resilient Case is also $1.99 with the same code

Must pick Ringke as Seller

(Mods: I do not work for Ringke)

Edit: This comes with a free screen protector
    ctk4949 and ClintRo like this.
    08-31-2015 08:30 PM
1,083 ... 1213141516 ...