08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    My son has this one for his Samsung Galaxy S5... I was thinking about getting the same for my Note 5...

Attachment 195638
    I bought one and it is a good case and feels GREAT in the hand. However I wanted more drop protection so I went with a Defender with ZAGG glass. Nothing wrong with the Candy grip. Good case just that I prefer something with more protection. They do make a mighty shell for the s6 that is their thicker case for drop protection. Might want to check that out if they come out with one for the Note 5.
    09-08-2015 10:44 PM
    Purchased the Obliq Naked Series with kickstand and it came in the mail. While I can't buy the Note until the end of this month, I wanted to get the case while it was on sale for $10. Even though I have no idea what the phone is like in the case, I'm thinking about returning the case because I'm not a huge fan of its design. The case has 2 pieces, a plastic case as well as a rubber bumper thing that sits inside the plastic. I'd prefer to just have one solid piece. I really wanted to get a thin case with a kickstand but I might just suck it up and get a regular thin case.
    09-09-2015 08:07 AM
    Purchased the Obliq Naked Series with kickstand and it came in the mail. While I can't buy the Note until the end of this month, I wanted to get the case while it was on sale for $10. Even though I have no idea what the phone is like in the case, I'm thinking about returning the case because I'm not a huge fan of its design. The case has 2 pieces, a plastic case as well as a rubber bumper thing that sits inside the plastic. I'd prefer to just have one solid piece. I really wanted to get a thin case with a kickstand but I might just suck it up and get a regular thin case.
    Yeah the quality of this case isn't impressive, plus it also creates a dead spot on your phone where the magnet is on the kickstand so it interferes with the Spen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Katrina White1 and peterburns like this.
    09-09-2015 08:49 AM
    I am already finding it "challenging" to pocket this phone with a slim case... How are you guys with the bigger cases carrying your Note 5???

The Otterbox Defender adds some significant size to the form factor, doesn't it?
    09-09-2015 09:06 AM
    I am already finding it "challenging" to pocket this phone with a slim case... How are you guys with the bigger cases carrying your Note 5???

The Otterbox Defender adds some significant size to the form factor, doesn't it?
    Dang how small/tight are your pants?!?! lol
    09-09-2015 09:34 AM
    LOL... Sorry... I think I typed that wrong...

I am not challenged to get it into my pocket... I am challenged to keep it there all day without noticing that the phone is always challenging the confined space of the pocket... I am not a young teenager or college student either... I am not wearing any fashion jeans... I wear regular work jeans...

But even then, the phone fits in the pocket, but if I cross legs to tie my shoes or something, I can definitely feel the phone getting stressed in the pocket...

My former Galaxy S3 was a lot more comfortable in the front pocket...
    09-09-2015 09:42 AM

Bigger pockets...LOL

This is a significantly larger phone than the S3. Just saying I came from the Note 3 and then a Note 4 so I guess I am used to it.
    09-09-2015 09:57 AM
    LOL... Sorry... I think I typed that wrong...

I am not challenged to get it into my pocket... I am challenged to keep it there all day without noticing that the phone is always challenging the confined space of the pocket... I am not a young teenager or college student either... I am not wearing any fashion jeans... I wear regular work jeans...

But even then, the phone fits in the pocket, but if I cross legs to tie my shoes or something, I can definitely feel the phone getting stressed in the pocket...

My former Galaxy S3 was a lot more comfortable in the front pocket...
    I would just take my phone out and set it on the table, before I sit down. But I don't use a huge case, so I am able to keep it in my front pocket and sit down.
    09-09-2015 11:02 AM
    does yours actually fit on the sides? i ordered a tech 21 from t-mobile and it was so loose on the sides! i ended up returning it because i felt like it wouldn't offer any drop protection if it fell on the face.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-09-2015 02:30 PM
    I'm really feeling this caseology pleather case but they are so unreliable with the release dates it keeps changing yesterday it said the 21,now it says the 19 of September hopefully soon

Galaxy Note 5 case, Caseology® [Envoy Series] [Leather Navy Blue] Premium Leather Bumper Cover [Leather Textured] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013W087UO...cUvbUpU4673239

09-09-2015 04:03 PM
    This is the one I will be getting as well.
    I know its a bit early but how does it feel in your hand, if you have opened it already
    This case has really grown on me... If it were not for the $1.99 sale price, I don't think I would have given it a try...

But now that I have it, I love the fact that it is so thin, it's almost like not having a case at all...

That's good and bad... It does a great job of protecting from scratches... I would never bet money that it would survive any kind of drop on pavement...
    09-09-2015 04:18 PM
    I picked this one up at T-Mobile when I got my Note 5 and like it quite a bit. Very slim profile, for as thin as it is it's pretty solid feeling so it should do a good job protecting the phone and the buttons are covered as well.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-09-2015 05:26 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-d447ee96fb.jpg

ive had this case now 2.5 weeks. at first i loved it.. looks pretty.
    i still like that its thin and ive yet to drop it. but the minty sides are now looking really dingy and dirty.
    85% of the time my phone is sitting on my desk or night stand (work from home) or its in my purse. so for it too look likes its months old. is no bueno..

i tried scrubbing the case with a clorox wipe and the sides still look worn and "dirty"
    09-09-2015 07:57 PM
    09-09-2015 09:29 PM
    I picked this one up at T-Mobile when I got my Note 5 and like it quite a bit. Very slim profile, for as thin as it is it's pretty solid feeling so it should do a good job protecting the phone and the buttons are covered as well.
    That was one of the first cases I bought, the salesman told me it was a drop resistant case AND it's pretty thin.

It's one of my favorites.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 09:41 PM
    try rubbing alcohol
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-09-2015 10:53 PM
    I was at Wal-mart today and noticed they still don't have any Note 5 accessories such as screen protectors and cases. Sams is the same way.

One thing that irks me is that anywhere you go you can find tons and tons of cases for iphones. things are getting better since the Galaxy is the second most popular phone but there is still not the selection of cases you see for Iphones in the stores.
    09-09-2015 11:32 PM
    I was at Wal-mart today and noticed they still don't have any Note 5 accessories such as screen protectors and cases. Sams is the same way.

One thing that irks me is that anywhere you go you can find tons and tons of cases for iphones. things are getting better since the Galaxy is the second most popular phone but there is still not the selection of cases you see for Iphones in the stores.
    I notice even certain Amazon vendors, also seem to make a wider variety of colors and cases for the iPhone :/

I have noticed that the s line of Samsung gets more love from the case manufacturers than the note line does.

09-10-2015 12:19 AM

EVEN dollar stores carry iphone cases. very annoying..
    09-10-2015 02:32 AM
    EVEN dollar stores carry iphone cases. very annoying..
    Yea, and same as even those kiosk in the mall that sell cheap, no name cases. And to the other poster yea I notice they make more for the S line than the Note line. That makes sense since so many more buy that over the note.

It is annoying though. I mean all the retailers like the mobile provider shops, Best Buy, soon to be walmart/Sams, Office Depot sell Samsung cases but usually it's Otterbox they sell mostly. That is about the only heavy duty cases these places sell. Best buy that's the only heavy duty case they carry in the stores. Same way with the providers.

Btw Office Depot doesn't have Note 5 cases as of just over a week ago but they do carry a pretty hefty line of cases though for the S5, S6 Iphone, LG. I wish Sams had the Defender two weeks ago when I bought it though. Usually their Defenders are $10 cheaper than best buy and online.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-10-2015 07:19 AM
    Yea, and same as even those kiosk in the mall that sell cheap, no name cases. And to the other poster yea I notice they make more for the S line than the Note line. That makes sense since so many more buy that over the note.

It is annoying though. I mean all the retailers like the mobile provider shops, Best Buy, soon to be walmart/Sams, Office Depot sell Samsung cases but usually it's Otterbox they sell mostly. That is about the only heavy duty cases these places sell. Best buy that's the only heavy duty case they carry in the stores. Same way with the providers.

Btw Office Depot doesn't have Note 5 cases as of just over a week ago but they do carry a pretty hefty line of cases though for the S5, S6 Iphone, LG. I wish Sams had the Defender two weeks ago when I bought it though. Usually their Defenders are $10 cheaper than best buy and online.
    Sam's club has incipio octane cases for the S6 which I wanted one for my note 5 ,but they don't have any:/

Specks makes a wider variety of color combinations for the S6 but for Note there very limited, I wish accessory manufacturer's would've stop beings bias towards apple,but then again apple continues to be the most trendy phone.

09-10-2015 08:24 AM
    I must be goldilocks because I'm sending back yet another case. So far I've tried 3 and they've all gone back. Today, the Spigen hybrid came in the mail but it didn't fit properly on the sides and caused my screen protector to peel up every time I hit the power or volume buttons.
    09-10-2015 05:14 PM
    I must be goldilocks because I'm sending back yet another case. So far I've tried 3 and they've all gone back. Today, the Spigen hybrid came in the mail but it didn't fit properly on the sides and caused my screen protector to peel up every time I hit the power or volume buttons.
    As I have said before, the more I use this case, the more I like it...

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Essenti...cUvbUpU4675672

It has no drop protection, but the case is very minimalistic...will protect from scratches and fingerprints, and there is absolutely no screen bezel (but the case does extend about 0.7mm to give it screen protection when placed face down...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-71ot6djtvwl._sl1500_.jpg
    09-10-2015 05:45 PM
    Anyone with the Otterbox Commuter notice how close the S pen is the outer hard plastic of the case?
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-10-2015 06:55 PM
    Sam's club has incipio octane cases for the S6 which I wanted one for my note 5 ,but they don't have any:/

Specks makes a wider variety of color combinations for the S6 but for Note there very limited, I wish accessory manufacturer's would've stop beings bias towards apple,but then again apple continues to be the most trendy phone.

I'm sure Sams will get the Incipio case for the Note 5 eventually. I'd say probably early October I would think they would have them by then and wal-mart too. It seems big box stores like Sams, Wal-mart and Target are a little behind getting tech accessories. Again mostly Otterbox they all sell. I guess Otterbox gets all the preferred shelf space. When I lived in St. Louis there was a cell store in the mall the sells unlocked phones, used and no contract phones and they carry TONS of cases for Samsung, android. Not only Otterbox put stuff like Spigen too and other brands you would buy off amazon and even carried batteries too.

I notice a lot of the cases sold in the big box stores are 40 or more bucks. You can find just as good cases on Amazon for $20.

I really liked my Poetic Revolution Case for the s6. The built in screen protector was very clear and responsive and was tight so dirt didn't get under it as often. I might get one for my Note 5 when it is out in Oct. I'll punch out the plastic protector since I got tempered glass that I love.
    09-10-2015 09:02 PM
1,083 ... 1718192021 ...