08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 1234 ...
tools
    What are the chances that Incipio will make an Offgrid Case for the Note 5/S6 Edge+ with an extra battery and microsd slot like they did for the regular S6/s6 edge? If samsung was smart they would make their own case with expandable storage and battery. Tha way everyone wins.
    08-14-2015 09:10 PM
    I really like this one and will probably get it. Can't go wrong with Scarlet Red and White since I'm a Husker fan.

Attachment 190322
    What kind of case is this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    badgerfrisch likes this.
    08-14-2015 09:13 PM
    After I posted here, I decided to just suck it up and went over to Otterbox and bought another Defender case and holster for it. They have a 10% off right now and, right now, have free 2 day FedEx so maybe it will get here at the same time as my phone, or within a day or so of it.

I might get one of those slimmer, cheaper cases for when I am wearing a jacket or something and can carry it that way instead of my hip.

I always put a screen protector on my phones also. Even though the Defender has a built in protector, having another stick on protector never seemed to inhibit the abilities of my Note2. Hopefully, it won't bother the newer unit either.
    Sleepy_ER_Dr and feragola like this.
    08-14-2015 09:20 PM
    I always use flip covers. Love them.
    Also this link shows some of the cases and accessories I want to get for my note 5...

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=7dCs088-
    cmilviper likes this.
    08-14-2015 10:31 PM
    That big glass design needs something to absorb shock. Harder cases with just short drops will likely result in the same cracking issues as the S6 and iPhone. Worse considering more surface area than S6. Kinetic and static energy knows no mercy with glass.
    I had browsed one that said Absorb Shock, but I can't remember which one. Anywho, Check out this link for ALL cases that have Absorb Shock.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...cUvbUpU4608568

I really am drawn to Spigen with their kickstand and I'm thinking about getting this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Note-Sp...cUvbUpU4608568
    08-15-2015 01:20 AM
    That's the one I got. Uses it on my gs6 as well. Love it.

08-15-2015 04:34 AM
    What are the chances that Incipio will make an Offgrid Case for the Note 5/S6 Edge+ with an extra battery and microsd slot like they did for the regular S6/s6 edge? If samsung was smart they would make their own case with expandable storage and battery. Tha way everyone wins.
    If this happened, I'd buy the note 5 without hesitation. Seems though they have only made this style case for a small selection of phones.
    08-15-2015 07:41 AM
    I used Otterbox because of likely hood of damage to the device due to my profession. When I got my Note 3, Otter was slightly back ordered so I picked up a Seidio case and holster. Otterbox makes a better "Rugged" holster, but I think Seidio makes a slightly better case, and they are available sooner.
    Both cases are available at release this time and both are quality cases. I went with the Seidio however because it's slightly thinner and they put the hard shell on the outside, Otterbox does it hard shell inside and soft outside. Just a preference for me.

seidioonline.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5-s/9609.htm
    calicocat2010 and Daaku Singh like this.
    08-15-2015 12:04 PM
    I used Otterbox because of likely hood of damage to the device due to my profession. When I got my Note 3, Otter was slightly back ordered so I picked up a Seidio case and holster. Otterbox makes a better "Rugged" holster, but I think Seidio makes a slightly better case, and they are available sooner.
    Both cases are available at release this time and both are quality cases. I went with the Seidio however because it's slightly thinner and they put the hard shell on the outside, Otterbox does it hard shell inside and soft outside. Just a preference for me.
    Can you provide the link for the Seidio case , please?
    08-15-2015 02:28 PM
    What kind of case is this?

Its by Obliq and you can get it in a whole bunch of different colors. Sorry I thought I included the manufacture by I cause I was wrong
    ProudArian likes this.
    08-15-2015 04:43 PM
    I'm getting this Spigen case from Amazon. Not too expensive, plus it will get here at the same time as my phone on Tuesday. Hopefully, if I get a wireless charger, the case doesn't interfere with it....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...WL._SX299_.jpg
    08-15-2015 08:03 PM
    I actually never used a case for my Note 3 and was fine. I did purchase the heavy duty BodyGuardz glass screen protector which was the major must-have. Personally, I liked the faux leather black leather on the Note 3 so I did not want to cover it up. But, I ordered the black 64 gig and even though it feels good and has nice curves, basically a high gloss black finish. So, I just ordered this cover to sexy it up a bit. Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Verus [Crystal Bumper][Satin Silver] - [Clear][Drop Protection][Heavy Duty][Minimalistic][Slim Fit] - For Samsung Note 5 N920 Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories
    08-15-2015 08:03 PM
    I just bought this one : http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VQK...cUvbUpU4610514

But in Satin Silver
    08-16-2015 12:09 AM
    08-16-2015 08:30 AM
    Something I'd recommend to people here for a screen protector is a brand called ArmorSuit screen covers. I've got one on my Note2 that was one there for the last few years since I bought it and haven't replaced it yet. I bought these a few years ago, before my phone's, for my wife and son's tablets and was pretty impressed with them. They are relatively thick and have a soft feel. They're installed with the soapy liquid solution but they're pretty scratch resistant so using them with your stylus doesn't mean you have to keep replacing them every few weeks when they get scratched up from the point. I've used a few others on other phones over the years but I always ended up replacing them fairly early since the stylus scratches them up fairly quick to a point of not being able to see the screen easily. Even the glass covers got scratched up, just not as quickly and I ended up going back to the film type covers.

I actually kept the Armorsuit protector on my Note2 even after I got an Otterbox case for it and didn't loose any sensitivity with the stylus with the screen cover and the plastic screen on the otterbox combined.

Here's the one I ordered for my phone, it even comes with a rear cover also.
    Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector / Front + Back Anti-Bubble - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    08-16-2015 10:35 AM
    Thanks for the post. I ended up placing an order for the Otterbox commuter just now ..the 10% and free 2 day Fedex air sealed the deal for me.

I don't paying premium for a well built case as the price itself pays off over long term in terms of protection and peace of mind.

After I posted here, I decided to just suck it up and went over to Otterbox and bought another Defender case and holster for it. They have a 10% off right now and, right now, have free 2 day FedEx so maybe it will get here at the same time as my phone, or within a day or so of it.

I might get one of those slimmer, cheaper cases for when I am wearing a jacket or something and can carry it that way instead of my hip.

I always put a screen protector on my phones also. Even though the Defender has a built in protector, having another stick on protector never seemed to inhibit the abilities of my Note2. Hopefully, it won't bother the newer unit either.
    feragola likes this.
    08-16-2015 11:18 AM
    Nope. I'll stick to iloome screenmate 9h Tempered Glass. I have 2 boxes for the Note 3. Haven't opened up the second box even though I should because the protector from the first box has scratches . (I jinxed myself thinking I wouldn't drop the phone with this thing on. Nope done it couple of times. Ironically, rarely dropped the phone when I did Not have a screen protector). Waiting for iLoome to get the ones for Note 5.
    mynewride likes this.
    08-16-2015 11:35 AM
    I usually go with Zagg invisible shields, but not too sure since I'm not really sure a out the s-pen on it. I have used it since the Note 2, and it usually works pretty well, but I had to take it off the Note 4 I have now about a month ago and I'm noticing a bit better response out of the s-pen. It was starting 5o peel up from the corners and me swapping cases pretty much every month, and knowing I was going to get the Note 5, I figured I could wait for a bit. The Armor suit looks like a decent option I might try, especially for the price.
    08-16-2015 11:41 AM
    Something I'd recommend to people here for a screen protector is a brand called ArmorSuit screen covers.
    I had a screen protector on my Note 2 and 3. Used Zagg for both. the ArmorSuit looks almost exactly like what Zagg makes their film out of. Zagg unfortunately is being a little slow out of the gate with the Note 5 and has yet to push a protector for this model.
    Some people may not like the fact that writing on the film is a little "squishy" like writing on a blotter and you can see impressions in the film for a few minutes after using the stylus, but it goes away. The film is super-tough however, and will save the screen if you drop it right one the sharp edge of an object that may normally scratch an unprotected screen.
    08-16-2015 03:53 PM
    I had a screen protector on my Note 2 and 3. Used Zagg for both. the ArmorSuit looks almost exactly like what Zagg makes their film out of. Zagg unfortunately is being a little slow out of the gate with the Note 5 and has yet to push a protector for this model.
    Some people may not like the fact that writing on the film is a little "squishy" like writing on a blotter and you can see impressions in the film for a few minutes after using the stylus, but it goes away. The film is super-tough however, and will save the screen if you drop it right one the sharp edge of an object that may normally scratch an unprotected screen.
    I noticed that Zagg is not carrying screen protectors on their website, but I've seen the Note 5 Screen Protectors on the Verizon Website. BestBuy seems to have two different models as well- the Glass, and the InvisibleShield HD. I'm looking to get one at BB because they will install it through GeekSquad, and if it gets messed up, they are supposed to replace it.
    08-16-2015 04:15 PM
    I noticed that Zagg is not carrying screen protectors on their website, but I've seen the Note 5 Screen Protectors on the Verizon Website. BestBuy seems to have two different models as well- the Glass, and the InvisibleShield HD. I'm looking to get one at BB because they will install it through GeekSquad, and if it gets messed up, they are supposed to replace it.
    I got my ZAGG installed at AT&T. Lady messed up the 1st time and went and grabbed a new one and got it on perfect.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Speck Candyshell
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-16-2015 04:24 PM
    Originally I purchased the first one at BestBuy because it was the only one they sold for the HTC phone I had at the time. My Note 2 Seidio case came with a screen protector, which I didn't expect, they just threw it in the box. I had already purchased the Zagg, so I threw that one on.
    Hopefully the new case I purchased has one in the box as well.
    08-16-2015 04:25 PM
    I am a cheap ******* when it comes to case and screen protector..I just spend $1 on ebay for a case and $3 for screen protector..been using these on my Nexus 5 for 1.5 year and they still holding up perfectly. Just bought a $1 case and $1.87 tempered glass on ebay for my future note 5.
    08-16-2015 09:27 PM
    I think I'm the only person wanting that keyboard case. Doesn't look like bestbuy or sprint will be selling.. And it seems silly for samsung to wait till Friday to sell.

08-17-2015 03:04 AM
    After looking at so many options, I found the case manufacture from my Note 3 case. Looking at what they had to offer I again liked this option. The note 3 case has held up well and is pretty simple plus I know this works fine with wireless charging. I like the simple looks too that shows off the rounded back edge of the phone.

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case Cimo [Matte] Premium Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N5 (2015) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Only thing I don't like is that shipping delivery times is kind of long with 4 to 9 days. I hope it is sooner. Pickup my phone on Friday from Best Buy.
    08-17-2015 04:55 AM
1,083 1234 ...