08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Forget the case, those nails look great. I wish other people did their nails prior to taking photos of devices etc.
    PS: what watch is that? (I'm a watch guy...)

I got in the Artech 21 today in black and gold. I like it. It's slim, but seems to be able to offer some protection in a drop. It fits good too. Perfect alignment and I actually like the brushed gold color. I still find it could use some grip on the sides though. Nice case for the price point.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2015 08:21 PM
    Moto Moto: (raspy voice) Goodness, girl, you're huge.
    Gloria: Who's your friend or is that your bu*t?

Madagascar fans will get that

Just received the Otter defender case. Wow, it is huge and clunky. Not sure I am going to keep it. Looks like it would protect the phone from a direct mortar hit. Did I say HUGE!!
    09-25-2015 08:23 PM
    I ordered the spigen crystal clear case, and as a backup I'll get the Ringke Fusion...I'm glad the case vendors are allowed to have cases ready before you get a new device, cuz that week or two going "naked" is too stressful for me...treating the phone like a newborn, smh...

Can you tell me all about the crystal clear?I typically don't use cases, but when I do I want them to be clear , flexible and minimal...
    09-25-2015 08:57 PM
    Great case I picked up at the Verizon store, it's called the Tech 21 Evo Wallet

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-4812.jpg  
    09-25-2015 09:51 PM
    Forget the case, those nails look great. I wish other people did their nails prior to taking photos of devices etc.
    PS: what watch is that? (I'm a watch guy...)
    Haha...I can't be meeting clients with chewed up nails so...yeah. Thx! The watch is a Seiko Chronograph. It replaced my 9 year old Seiko Coutura with a mother of pearl dial. It still ticks like day 1. I like watches too.

anon(153966) likes this.
    09-25-2015 10:07 PM
    Great case I picked up at the Verizon store, it's caked the Tech 21 Evo Wallet

That's different. I like it

09-25-2015 10:08 PM
    Anybody try any of the Incipio Cases ??

Galaxy Note5 Cases | Samsung Galaxy Note5 Cases | Incipio

Or the Insignia cases from Best Buy?
    09-25-2015 11:58 PM
    As I have said before, the more I use this case, the more I like it...

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Ringke SLIM ***Essential Ultra Thin***[FREE Bonus HD Screen Protector Included][Black] Perfect Fit & Ultra Slim Curved Edge Protection, Scratch-Resistant Dual Coating Slim Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Ph

It has no drop protection, but the case is very minimalistic...will protect from scratches and fingerprints, and there is absolutely no screen bezel (but the case does extend about 0.7mm to give it screen protection when placed face down...

Attachment 196032
    Are you still liking this case? I had almost bought the Spigen Ultra Thin one till I saw this one. Are the buttons cut outs so you use the real volume buttons etc... or are the buttons "Case buttons" ?

Thanks!
    09-26-2015 12:12 AM
    Are you still liking this case? I had almost bought the Spigen Ultra Thin one till I saw this one. Are the buttons cut outs so you use the real volume buttons etc... or are the buttons "Case buttons" ?

Thanks!
    Yes... I am still liking it...despite it not offering any drop protection... It is thin, adding almost zero bulk to the phone...

It offers scratch and fingerprint protection... As long as you don't have a history of dropping your phone, this is a great case... There isn't much of a screen lip either... I think they claim a .7mm lip IIRC...but if you put a .4mm tempered screen protector on your phone, the lip is almost non-existent...

The buttons are exposed via cut-outs...you use the actual buttons, not case buttons...

I have to admit...when I first got the case, my first thought was how flimsy and cheap the build quality was...but after living with the case day-to-day, I really appreciate this extremely minimalist case... It actually feels nice to the touch when installed...

I like the Spigen Ultra Thin (and may end up buying one too)...but I think the Ringke SLIM is even slimmer... (again, recognizing all the caveats above)...
    anon(9228075) likes this.
    09-26-2015 09:47 AM
    Yes... I am still liking it...despite it not offering any drop protection... It is thin, adding almost zero bulk to the phone...

It offers scratch and fingerprint protection... As long as you don't have a history of dropping your phone, this is a great case... There isn't much of a screen lip either... I think they claim a .7mm lip IIRC...but if you put a .4mm tempered screen protector on your phone, the lip is almost non-existent...

The buttons are exposed via cut-outs...you use the actual buttons, not case buttons...

I have to admit...when I first got the case, my first thought was how flimsy and cheap the build quality was...but after living with the case day-to-day, I really appreciate this extremely minimalist case... It actually feels nice to the touch when installed...

I like the Spigen Ultra Thin (and may end up buying one too)...but I think the Ringke SLIM is even slimmer... (again, recognizing all the caveats above)...
    Thanks for feedback. The Spigen thin fit exact fit is the one I compared. The cutouts it has look weird for the buttons when I've seen it on. Heard the pen is hard to get to on the Spigen one too.

I have the Insignia from best buy now. It isn't bad at all too. $14 too

09-26-2015 11:17 AM
    I finally received my Caseology Wavelength today.

I pre-ordered a week before it was scheduled to release. On the day it was set to ship, Amazon status changed to shipped. The next day I received an email to disregard any information that it had shipped, and would be delayed a week. After a week I received notice it would be delayed another week. It finally shipped after the second weeks delay. Shipped USPS from California to Florida and should have arrived in 3 days. Of course it took 4 days.

But now I have it. I'm glad I had a case to get me through the wait and now I'm happy I waited and didn't cancel the order (like I was tempted to do several times). It fits very well and although it is a slim case, seems as if it would provide good drop protection. Now that I've received mine and my wife and one of my children have had the chance to see it in person, I'll be ordering one for an S6 and an S6 edge.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011A...cUvbUpU4709928

09-26-2015 12:28 PM
    And I used to!
    I wish the red Verus case was on sale. Regardless, I'm buying it now...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4709957
    Awesome red case.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 12:47 PM
    Gave up on the Tetded leather, and am using the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon as of this morning.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010MW...cUvbUpU4709973
    09-26-2015 12:56 PM
    Got the verus high pro shield in electric blue on my Note 5 for $3.99 through slickdeals and I'm really feeling this case ,seems to offer good protection, and it feels and looks really good.

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-828.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-827.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-825.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-826.jpg  
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-26-2015 04:59 PM
    09-26-2015 06:11 PM
    ^^^Those are nice

09-26-2015 10:50 PM
    Anyone been able to find this case? Qmadix X Series Lite Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I looked on amazon but it's not there.
    Qmadix
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-qm-xssmnt5bk_ca-a4_l.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-qm-xssmnt5bk_fb-b1_l.jpg
    09-27-2015 02:05 AM
    Just a heads up to those getting the uag.

I ended up getting one too. I love how this case feels around the phone. It's not bulky and will give good protection on drops.

My issues with the case are it's raised lip around the phone. It makes it difficult for me to slide open a menu from the edge of the screen. So I have to tap the menu button instead. Also the raised lip makes me miss the fingerprint unlock half the time.

09-27-2015 07:31 AM
    Anybody try any of the Incipio Cases ??

Galaxy Note5 Cases | Samsung Galaxy Note5 Cases | Incipio

Or the Insignia cases from Best Buy?
    I have the DUALPRO case, it is a nice, well fitting case. Very bland though, and a little thicker than I really like. I'm sure it provides very good drop protection, it just does it without much style IMO.

09-27-2015 07:46 AM
    i received a PM here with the following

Would you be interested in receiving a sample of the Affinity case for your Note 5 from Poetic Cases to review on the forums? If so, please send your request with shipping information and username to

is this legit?
    I received this also. I sent the requested information and received an email back from them very quickly. Seems legit to me but I always processed with caution, lol.

My biggest concern about this is whether it fits within the rules of the forum or not. I did go spend some time reading through the rules and the only thing close is about advertising on here. However, is an honest review an advertisement? Then we advertise stuff all the time. I'm going to say, seems to me these companies that do this would expenses this type program off to advertising. But it also seems to be a bit of a loophole in the rules.

Delirious D likes this.
    09-27-2015 08:03 AM
    Is the Tumi case any good? Never even heard of this thing.
    Had a couple of Otterbox cases we took back to Verizon and they would only let us exchange them because they were beyond the 14 day return.
    Looks like a nice thin case that would offer little to no drop protection.
    Don't think it is worth the $59.99 Verizon is charging for it.
    I'll try it on the Note 5 tomorrow and see how it fairs.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-tumi02.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-tumi05.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-tumi06.jpg
    09-27-2015 04:49 PM
    Man that case looks sweet! Tumi bags are usually good quality, how is that case?
    09-27-2015 10:08 PM
    I recently made the switch from iOS to Android with the purchase of a Note 5. For the most part, I'm very happy with my decision in terms of both operating system and handset.

One of my few complaints about the Note 5 is in the case department. As a former iPhone user and design enthusiast, I'm really sad to find there is virtually no market for high-end, thoughtfully designed (though not necessarily designer, if you know what I mean), or unique cases for the Note 5. I suppose that is to be expected when you purchase a top-tier niche productivity device, as the target is probably not as image conscious as the proto-typical iPhone early-adopter.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone have a recommendation for a case or holder that sounds anything like what I describe above? I don't mind paying premium prices if I think a product is well designed or thoughtfully made.
    09-28-2015 12:23 AM
    I recently made the switch from iOS to Android with the purchase of a Note 5. For the most part, I'm very happy with my decision in terms of both operating system and handset.

One of my few complaints about the Note 5 is in the case department. As a former iPhone user and design enthusiast, I'm really sad to find there is virtually no market for high-end, thoughtfully designed (though not necessarily designer, if you know what I mean), or unique cases for the Note 5. I suppose that is to be expected when you purchase a top-tier niche productivity device, as the target is probably not as image conscious as the proto-typical iPhone early-adopter.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone have a recommendation for a case or holder that sounds anything like what I describe above? I don't mind paying premium prices if I think a product is well designed or thoughtfully made.
    Etsy has had some very unique cases over the years for phones, I'm just not too sure about the Note 5 in particular. They should have something though!
    09-28-2015 02:48 AM
    Currently using this Spigen case. For 10$ it does the job however I have been seriously considering switching to a wallet case as I find it annoying to carry 2 different things (wallet and phone). Been wanting to go minimalistic in the wallet department anyways, just want to carry my ID 2 cards and potentially some cash, however I have been hearing bad things about magnets on the wallet cases causing dead pixels/spen issues.

Can anyone recommend a wallet case that isn't incredibly bulky that maybe has an elastic strap instead of a magnet? Or a case where the magnet doesn't cause an issue with anything on the Note5?
    09-28-2015 04:33 AM
1,083 ... 2324252627 ...