08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    I had it on my Note 4, and it may be the best case I've ever used. Great fit and feel, but, it's bigger than I want now. I have the Spigen transparent ultra thin case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010MWEUII?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) and have gotten used to a super-thin case, and am really liking it.
    +1 for the liquid crystal
    10-02-2015 03:09 PM
    Has anyone tried the Speck CandyShell case for the Note 5?
    I have it for the note 5, had it for the note 3 and 4. Love the grip and it saved my phones from all types of drops. It's not the best looking case though. I have had not black and white. I like the black inside rubber of the white because it's less distracting than the grey inner rubber on the black version when looking at the screen. But the white is way too loud of a color when in a business meeting. It looks cheap to me. The black is nice and more discrete, but the grey is distracting. I've put it away in favor of the spigen slim armor for now because that case looks more professional, but so much slippery-er.

I'd like to sind something between the two. Nice looking, discrete, but has grip and protection. Any recs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 06:40 PM
    I have it for the note 5, had it for the note 3 and 4. Love the grip and it saved my phones from all types of drops. It's not the best looking case though. I have had not black and white. I like the black inside rubber of the white because it's less distracting than the grey inner rubber on the black version when looking at the screen. But the white is way too loud of a color when in a business meeting. It looks cheap to me. The black is nice and more discrete, but the grey is distracting. I've put it away in favor of the spigen slim armor for now because that case looks more professional, but so much slippery-er.

I'd like to sind something between the two. Nice looking, discrete, but has grip and protection. Any recs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Best case thus far, is a Verus High Pro case. Very form fitting and slim. In my opinion...
    Yogi217 likes this.
    10-03-2015 05:42 AM
    Best case thus far, is a Verus High Pro case. Very form fitting and slim. In my opinion...
    I agree I got it for 3.99 but it's worth full price,I also bought the verge verus case at a discounted price but the high pro shield has more grip and feels really thin compared to the verge case .

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-03-2015 09:42 AM
    I got my note 5 last week and have a Zagg glass screen protector which installed great. I have purchased 4 cases. I got the Best Buy Insignia clear soft shell when I got the phone. It looks terrible (the camera cut out is crooked) and only fit OK as its kind of squishy at the sides. Its going back. Then I ordered 3 Spigen cases from Amazon. The Thin Fit, the Neo Hybrid Carbon in metal slate, and the Rugged Capsule.

The Neo Hybrid looked the best with the carbon fiber look and the metal slate matched the color of the black sapphire pretty well. But, it added quite a bit of bulk (82mm width from the phone's 77mm) and it did not fit snug on the sides. When I would hold the phone in my hand the case would start pulling up the glass screen protector. Its going back.

The Rugged Capsule was a flexible TPU that fit pretty well, much better than the Insignia case. It did not remove the screen protector when using, but I just didn't think it would give me much drop or even bang protection. Its going back.

The Thin Fit is the one I ended up choosing. It snaps in place and does not move once it is on the phone. I have had similar thin fit type cases (Incipio and Poetic) on previous phones and really liked them. The Poetic protected my G2 from its only major fall onto asphalt while getting out of car allowing just a few scratches on the corner but no broken glass. The Spigen Thin Fit has cut outs to allow the use of the Note 5's actual buttons and the camera cut out has just enough of a lip so that it doesn't allow the camera lens to touch the surface when you set the phone down. The case does not add much bulk or weight and has good grip, unlike the Neo Hybrid which was slippery plastic on the sides, so I feel confident when I grab the phone.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for your info on the cases and screen protectors as it helped me make my decisions much easier. I wanted to share my experience as well.
    10-03-2015 01:20 PM
    Got the Caseology Vault Series case. It's a nice case and the back has a soft matte kind of feel to it. The only con I can think of is it lifts one of the corners on my screen protector . It's a liquid application edge-to-edge screen protector so it's not really surprising.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151056.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151057.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151058.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151058a.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151058b.jpg  

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151102.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1003151102b.jpg  
    Connert likes this.
    10-03-2015 05:45 PM
    I have that one. It adds weight/bulk,, but it can hold 3 cards easy. The back is very slick, but I think it offers decent drop protection. The camera is nicely recessed and there's a lip on the front to keep from scratching the screen. It won't be my everyday case, but it will definitely get used. You can't beat the convenience of carrying your phone, license, and card all together.

If u have a wireless charger, it won't work with this case. Flossy reviewed it on You Tube.

10-03-2015 05:56 PM
    I have that one. It adds weight/bulk,, but it can hold 3 cards easy. The back is very slick, but I think it offers decent drop protection. The camera is nicely recessed and there's a lip on the front to keep from scratching the screen. It won't be my everyday case, but it will definitely get used. You can't beat the convenience of carrying your phone, license, and card all together.

If u have a wireless charger, it won't work with this case. Flossy reviewed it on You Tube.

Yup... I got this case on YOUR recommendation!

I am waiting for it to be delivered... Love that they had a decent color on sale... I hate when cases go on sale, but they only come in the undesirable colors!

Also have 3 other Verus cases coming with this slider! Yes, yes...I know...too many cases... Everyone things I am crazy!
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-03-2015 09:02 PM

You mean, "IT'S YOUR BOY FLOSS...BACK WITH ANOTHER VIDEO..." LOL
    JawjaBill and calicocat2010 like this.
    10-03-2015 09:15 PM
    You mean, "IT'S YOUR BOY FLOSS...BACK WITH ANOTHER VIDEO..." LOL
    Yep. The one and only!!!

felloffthetruck and Preach2k like this.
    10-04-2015 10:34 AM
    Got the Caseology Vault Series case. It's a nice case and the back has a soft matte kind of feel to it. The only con I can think of is it lifts one of the corners on my screen protector . It's a liquid application edge-to-edge screen protector so it's not really surprising.
    I have this case coming also, scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I already have the Caseology Wavelength and really like it. The Vault was my first choice but had a much longer wait time, so I ordered both. I didn't have very good luck with ordering these on Amazon, but that another story.

I'm glad you like it, I'm sure I will as well. It looks a lot like my favorite Note 4 case which was the official Samsung "Cover" I believe it was called. Very minimal bulk but seemed to provide good drop protection. Also good grip, maybe not like the Speck Candyshell grip, but a lot better looking.

10-04-2015 12:44 PM
    It seems t for the note 4 one of the best cases is the oem "Samsung protective cover".... Do they make one for the note 5?
    10-04-2015 04:33 PM
    It seems t for the note 4 one of the best cases is the oem "Samsung protective cover".... Do they make one for the note 5?
    I agree, I had that case on my Note 4 and loved it. The Note 5 Samsung cover is very minimal. Not very protective in my opinion. I used it one day and packed it away.

I have the Caseology Wavelength on my Note 5 now and the Vault should be here tomorrow. The Vault looks the closest the the Note 4 cover, that's the reason I ordered it. A few others have posted they've received it and it seems to be a favorite.

10-04-2015 05:00 PM
    Oh yeah.... I saw the vault in this thread. Looks great.
    10-04-2015 05:07 PM
    This case looks nice. Don't know how well it would work with wireless charging though.

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-CoverON...cUvbUpU4729356
    10-04-2015 08:58 PM
    I've had the Spigen Slim Armour on my Note 3 for 2 years and the phone is flawless. needless to say I ordered another Spigen for the Note 5. For now I am slipping my note 5 into the 3's case but I am NERVOUS.

PS I picked up p my Note 5 Saturday and the new case will be here Friday. Loving it so far.
    10-05-2015 12:24 PM
    That does look great.....How does it seem in regard to absorbing the shock of a drop?
    10-05-2015 01:32 PM
    Took delivery of four new Verus cases last night:

Verus Layered Dandy (Brown Faux Leather) - Nice and thin, great leather-like feel. Sophisticated look. I am a little worried about the impact that the magnets have on the phone and the s-pen. When I fold the cover back and/or fold the clasp to the back of the phone, the s-pen doesn't work in the spot behind the magnet. But when the magnet is moved away from the back of the phone, everything works great. According to the website, it's a known problem that fixes itself in 48 hours of use. It's really a great looking (and feeling) case...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-91cbbdheyal._sl1500_.jpg

Verus Verge in Military Green - I am not sure how this case differs from the High Pro Shield, unless it's just the colored back with the black frame versus the opposite for the High Pro Shield (colored frame, black back). In any case, I love this case... I love the matte hairline back, I love the positive feel of the buttons... Great case... And Military Green is a nice unusual, but understated color... Me likey

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-71w15ivfkil._sl1500_.jpg

Verus High Pro Shield in Electric Blue - I love this case too...seems like the same case as the Verge that I bought in Military Green. In fact, I am rocking this case today!

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-71rd7rmva2l._sl1500_.jpg

Verus Damda Slider in Dark Silver - I like this case...but I am not in love with it...not yet anyway... The case is thick (which I have to forgive because the thickness is to provide room for credit cards in the back, which is the whole point of this case)... I find the plastic to be slippery, and I also find the thin plastic door to make the experience of holding the case a bit "cheap" feeling. I love the color...and I love the idea of not carrying a wallet... So I am not giving up on this case just yet... It is my least favorite of the four cases I bought...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-71qovrmdazl._sl1500_.jpg
    10-06-2015 11:34 AM
    Got myself the tech 21 Evo tactical from best buy. Case has good grip, minimal bulk, and solid protection, but WAAAY overpriced. Only got it because I had a gift card, never would have paid that price otherwise.

10-06-2015 11:49 AM
    ATTENTION! LEFT TURN, RIGHT TURN...

Oops, I thought I was back in Cadets for a moment. Here's my new Army Green, Verus case...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1444164397606.jpg
    10-06-2015 03:46 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014MO...cUvbUpU4733807

Has anyone used this? I been searching for a white belt holster. But $15 seems like a lot for a case with no reviews and 1 picture

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
    10-07-2015 12:12 AM
    -https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note5/blog/2015/09/30/sprint-product-ambassadors-samsung-galaxy-note-5-case-off-
    10-07-2015 10:00 AM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-p_20151008_161526.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-p_20151008_161300.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-p_20151008_161316.jpg
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-p_20151008_161409.jpg

Affinity Poetic Note 5 Case Review
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013A1FTNS/...cUvbUpU4737334

Summary: AMAZING CASE!

Looks and Feel
    So the case looks really nice. The designs on the back of the case give it a distinct look, all while showing the beauty of the color-morphic glass of the Galaxy Note 5. It also feels pretty nice in the hand. The corners are raised and certainly feels like it will withstand a drop from atmost shoulder height of an average man. The sides of the case have small ridges for better grip. The case raises the front of the phone more than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, and will also high enough to protect the protruding camera.

My only personal issue is that I wish it had a wrist strap holder, but thats a personal thing.

Durability
    This case really feels durable. It snugs so tight to the Note 5 that one would have to use a bit force to take it off, but that it not really a bad thing. I did some small mini drops and it certainly did a pretty good job. I am really impressed at how the corners almost feel like rubber so the phone will bounce undamaged

Overall
    The case is really good! Its really durable and looks good. I would rate this a 9/10
    10-08-2015 04:06 PM
    Is there something over the speaker? ^^
    10-08-2015 07:28 PM
    Just took delivery of Caseology's Vault case for my Note 5... Cost me $6.47 shipped after the online coupon offer that was offered last week...

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Vault Series] [Black] Slim Design Rugged Protective Armor Cover [Active Armor] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

Attachment 199546

It's a nice case... One of my favorites so far...

I have four more arriving from Verus to add to my case stable...
    I just ordered my Note 5 today and i have been looking at some cases and this is the one that i am stuck on. It just looks really nice. I'm hoping it can hold up to my clumsiness.I'm a DROPAHOLIC . lol
    10-08-2015 08:23 PM
1,083 ... 2627282930 ...