08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I received a Poetic Affinity Series case from the manufacturer to test and review.

Overall, I like the case, and it seems to be a fair balance of looks and protection. It's clear Polycarbonate with fairly good protection at all the stress points. The back has ridges near the outside that would seem to help if you drop the phone. I always wonder how much protection a phone with a glass back being dropped on it's back, even with a case on really has, as there is really nowhere to dissipate the force of a drop. the ridges should help with that, though I haven't dropped it yet.

The sides have some grip to them as well, which I also appreciate. It's one piece and the power and volume buttons work perfectly in the case. It's pretty light overall and I like the look as well. All the ports are aligned great, no issues there for any openings. That said, the bottom of he case has a good opening for the S Pen, though because the bottom is thicker than my last case, I notice I have to grab a bit more for the S Pen. The fact that the pen pops out in the Note 5 helps a lot. I suspect this would be more of an issue for a similar case on a Note 4.

To sum up:

Pros:
    - Light
    - Grippy on back and on the sides
    - Good size(not too big)
    - Back ridges provide better protection potentially
    - Not a bad look

Cons
    - S Pen opening took some getting used to (but is really fine now)

Good luck!

Attachment 201264Attachment 201265
    Yup so far loving it , got it on Saturday and it does feel great 👍👍👍

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A
    10-13-2015 11:54 AM
    This looks pretty interesting.

Ringke.com
    10-13-2015 03:17 PM
    I been looking and waiting for an all white one since i picked up my note 5 a month ago. But this looks even better.. it seems like all belt clips are black. Ordering asap. Will update with thoughts when it gets here friday.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1444781789354.jpg

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
    10-13-2015 07:18 PM
    Those poetic affinity cases would look amazing if it weren't for that God awful company branding all over the damn thing. Seriously, there's 3 different logo's and they're not exactly discreet lol.
    10-13-2015 08:10 PM
    Some pictures of my Speck CandyShell Grip. Enjoyed it on my S6 and am really liking it on the Note 5. I usually go for the white version since the fine scratches aren't as visible compared to the black one. A few more pics can be seen in the imgur link below.

Speck CandyShell Grip
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1013151739.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1013151738c.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1013151739a.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-1013151741a.jpg  
    10-13-2015 09:13 PM
    Waterproof phone case is great and cool.
    10-14-2015 04:23 AM
    Some pictures of my Speck CandyShell Grip. Enjoyed it on my S6 and am really liking it on the Note 5. I usually go for the white version since the fine scratches aren't as visible compared to the black one. A few more pics can be seen in the imgur link below.

Speck CandyShell Grip
    My son has this exact case design from Speck for his Galaxy S5...and he loves it...
    10-14-2015 08:45 AM
    10-14-2015 03:53 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-image.jpg
    Here's mine with leather
    10-15-2015 12:34 PM
    I been looking and waiting for an all white one since i picked up my note 5 a month ago. But this looks even better.. it seems like all belt clips are black. Ordering asap. Will update with thoughts when it gets here friday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1444781789354.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	201318

I have one of these in black and would not recommend it. It leaves the tops and bottom of the phone completely exposed when the belt clip cover is not on, and the belt clip cover is kind of a pain to get on and off. These kind of cases, which are sold all over Amazon with various vendor names, are also not high on QC with sharp edges.

Spending that kind of dough on a high end phone and then surrounding it with a cheap feeling case didn't make a lot of sense for me. I will say though that is adds very little bulk and I'm sure that hard plastic would provide just as much protection as a more expensive case.
    10-15-2015 12:56 PM
    I have one of these in black and would not recommend it. It leaves the tops and bottom of the phone completely exposed when the belt clip cover is not on, and the belt clip cover is kind of a pain to get on and off. These kind of cases, which are sold all over Amazon with various vendor names, are also not high on QC with sharp edges.

Spending that kind of dough on a high end phone and then surrounding it with a cheap feeling case didn't make a lot of sense for me. I will say though that is adds very little bulk and I'm sure that hard plastic would provide just as much protection as a more expensive case.
    Ive used the black one as well on my blackberry and on my lg g2. Ive had nothing but a great experience with that case even if it doesnt have great protection.

This is a post from a couple years back. I had the same case on my blackberry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-754597-print/

A picture of what that case and blackberry did to a windshield. Lol

10-15-2015 01:49 PM
    That's really nice. What kind of case is it?
    10-15-2015 02:04 PM

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	702.7 KB 
ID:	201500

Here's mine with leather
    Is that a skin? Niceeeee

10-15-2015 05:13 PM
    Hope I'm posting in the right place.

Just bought a Verizon Note 5 this afternoon, and I'm afraid to take it out of the box!

Verizon offered a bundle that included a tempered glass screen protector (plus a case and car charger) for $69. (Screen protector alone was $29.) I didn't buy the bundle. I'm a total newbie to these newfangled glass screen protectors (I bought Steinheil non-glass protectors for my older phones). Is a glass screen protector essential? If so, what brands are good? Are there cases that include the glass screen protectors, or do they need to be bought separately?

And are they a real bear to attach? I had enough trouble with the Steinheils -- never got them out quite straight, and there were always bubbles and dust particles.

And about cases -- I've always used the soft, "gummy" TPU cases. I feel that they protect the phones well when dropped. Are there reasons NOT to get a TPU case? FWIW, the case Verizon offered in their bundle is a generic "Soft Cover with Bumper for Samsung Galaxy Note 5." (Tried to post a link but apparently I don't have enough posts.) It has a nice grippy feel.

They did have other cases, but not ones that I liked. I don't need no la-di-da high fashion Kate Spade case!

I'd really appreciate any advice/suggestions of what screen protectors/cases to consider. I really want to get my Note protected ASAP. Money's an issue, so I won't be able to buy the best, but I do want to get something that's a decent quality and value (I thought the Verizon case was probably overpriced).

Thanks in advance.
    10-15-2015 06:56 PM
    Has anyone found a spring clip holster like Seidio makes? They aren't making on for the note 5

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2015 12:24 AM
    This is what i bought when i had my Note 4 Link: Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Pouch Case, CellBee® Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium Leather Pouch Carrying Case with Belt Clip Belt Loops Holster for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Perfect Fits with Otterbox Commuter / Defender Case on Lifeproof Case on) (Fashion , And the Note 5 fits in perfectly plus if your using and otterbox it will fit in with no issues at all so basically any case on the Note 5 will fit in that leather Pouch!
    10-16-2015 05:15 AM
    I'm in love with my caseology vault series case. I think I'll stick with this one awhile.
    10-16-2015 08:21 AM
    Hope I'm posting in the right place.

Just bought a Verizon Note 5 this afternoon, and I'm afraid to take it out of the box!

Verizon offered a bundle that included a tempered glass screen protector (plus a case and car charger) for $69. (Screen protector alone was $29.) I didn't buy the bundle. I'm a total newbie to these newfangled glass screen protectors (I bought Steinheil non-glass protectors for my older phones). Is a glass screen protector essential? If so, what brands are good? Are there cases that include the glass screen protectors, or do they need to be bought separately?

And are they a real bear to attach? I had enough trouble with the Steinheils -- never got them out quite straight, and there were always bubbles and dust particles.

And about cases -- I've always used the soft, "gummy" TPU cases. I feel that they protect the phones well when dropped. Are there reasons NOT to get a TPU case? FWIW, the case Verizon offered in their bundle is a generic "Soft Cover with Bumper for Samsung Galaxy Note 5." (Tried to post a link but apparently I don't have enough posts.) It has a nice grippy feel.

They did have other cases, but not ones that I liked. I don't need no la-di-da high fashion Kate Spade case!

I'd really appreciate any advice/suggestions of what screen protectors/cases to consider. I really want to get my Note protected ASAP. Money's an issue, so I won't be able to buy the best, but I do want to get something that's a decent quality and value (I thought the Verizon case was probably overpriced).

Thanks in advance.
    Good that you didn't overpay with the Verizon bundle...

Get a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon...you'll find one for around $10.00... Browse these forums to research which ones people have had the most success with, and which ones to avoid... People seem to like the Invisible Shield "Glass" product... I put this product on my wife and both of my teenagers phones, and it is definitely a nice one, with beveled edges, etc... The cost was 2x-3x the $10.00 ones that you can find on Amazon...but arguably, the nice beveled edges make the product look a lot better... I paid $1.00 for the Skinomi protector with a coupon code a while back... Edges don't look as nice, but it works for me...

Installing it without bubbles and dust is just a matter of patience... Clean the glass really well, and be very careful placing the screen protector down on the surface... There was one tip that I saw somewhere that suggested you place the screen protector on the phone without taking the backing off just to position for fit...then use some painter's tape (blue tape) to tape down one side to create a door-like hinge...

Theoretically, you lift the screen protector off the screen (like a hinged door), peel off the backing, and let the screen protector fall back into place... I like the idea, though I have never used this method before...

Regarding case choice, it really is personal preference... Are you trying to protect from scratches? From a small drop? From a large drop? How much bulk are you willing to live with? After you answer these questions, then color/design choice comes into play... You'll end up with the right case in the end (or end up with 10 "right" cases like I did)!

Good luck!
    10-16-2015 10:01 AM
    CONS

1.) The glass back is a finger print magnet as expect.
    That case looks real nice.

If I drop the Luphie case, how likely is it for the glass back to crack?

Since the glass back and the metal bumper are secured together via the slide switch on the top, how like is it for them to come apart when dropped?
    10-16-2015 12:32 PM
    That case looks real nice.

If I drop the Luphie case, how likely is it for the glass back to crack?

Since the glass back and the metal bumper are secured together via the slide switch on the top, how like is it for them to come apart when dropped?
    You have to use a lot of force to pry it apart of the switch is set to close. Think you'll end up breaking the cover before it will come loose.

I dropped it once at waist height and back was fine but I'm sure of it lands on sharp edge rock, it'll crack. I think it's like the tempered glass your screen except much thicker so it should also be stronger.

I tested a few drops on bed and because of the metal edge, it tends to fall on the corners because it's much heavier there.

It's the sexiest case I've seen, since it's not rubber so it gives it a no case on look. A lot of people think it's just a naked phone when it's actually a case. I don't plan on dropping my phone often but even if it cracks easily, I think I would still stick with this and just replace it whenever I crack it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 01:30 PM
    You have to use a lot of force to pry it apart of the switch is set to close. Think you'll end up breaking the cover before it will come loose.

I dropped it once at waist height and back was fine but I'm sure of it lands on sharp edge rock, it'll crack. I think it's like the tempered glass your screen except much thicker so it should also be stronger.

I tested a few drops on bed and because of the metal edge, it tends to fall on the corners because it's much heavier there.

It's the sexiest case I've seen, since it's not rubber so it gives it a no case on look. A lot of people think it's just a naked phone when it's actually a case. I don't plan on dropping my phone often but even if it cracks easily, I think I would still stick with this and just replace it whenever I crack it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

I guess the glass back will sacrifice itself when the phone is dropped. (much better than dropping the actual glass back of the Noet5)

Where did you order it from? I'd rather not order from a seller located in China. Are there any U.S. sellers who have these cases in stock? I have a white Note5 and I'm leaning towards the silver/white combination... which really does look like a phone without a case.
    10-16-2015 04:10 PM
    You can find a couple of U.S. sellers on ebay.
    10-16-2015 04:47 PM
    Thanks!

I guess the glass back will sacrifice itself when the phone is dropped. (much better than dropping the actual glass back of the Noet5)

Where did you order it from? I'd rather not order from a seller located in China. Are there any U.S. sellers who have these cases in stock? I have a white Note5 and I'm leaning towards the silver/white combination... which really does look like a phone without a case.
    Luphie Slim Metal Bumper Gorilla Glass Back Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | eBay

Order today and you can get it by 20th to 23rd. I originally planned on just going naked on the phone. I didn't want to hide the glass back and ever with a thin case, ex the Ringke Slim which is like the thinnest one, you can still obviously tell there is plastic over it. Then I found this case and it's the only case that still kept my phone looking like a premium phone.

You can't really tell in the photos but between the metal bumper and the front of the screen, there is a thin border of chrome around the phone which makes it really shine when the sun is on it. They actually advertise the back as gorilla glass. I'm not sure how true that is though but so far I've only got a very small scratch on the back.
    10-16-2015 04:58 PM

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1444781789354.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	201318

A hard plastic case with a realy soft finish.
    I actually like the feel of it ALOT. The clip on the holster is pretty dam solid too. Im more afraid of getting me finger caught under it then breaking the clip.
    You will lose the natural curves of the phone. Since the case it squarr, but in my opinion it makes it easier to hold, especially laying down (no more facepalm via note 5)

The buttons are flush on the case, but not mushy you can here/feel the click.

The stand on the case itself is made of a thinner hard plastic. almost afraid i might break it. Good thing i dont use/need it, so it will stay where it is.

I recently lost my car, and i hate having ny phone in my pocket while on the bus, especially if its crowded. This clip will do the trick.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1445037396939.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1445037412659.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1445037419945.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-uploadfromtaptalk1445037427316.jpg

10-16-2015 06:26 PM
    This case is actually much nicer than the black one I have - which has no protection at the bottom whatsoever.
    Delirious D likes this.
    10-16-2015 07:16 PM
1,083 ... 2930313233 ...