Visit site

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Just took delivery of Caseology's Vault case for my Note 5... Cost me $6.47 shipped after the online coupon offer that was offered last week...

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Vault Series] [Black] Slim Design Rugged Protective Armor Cover [Active Armor] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

View attachment 199546

It's a nice case... One of my favorites so far...

I have four more arriving from Verus to add to my case stable...

That's one of the nicest I've seen so far!

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. I've been browsing this thread a little (still not done yet) and I am compelled to order an extra case myself. I mean, realistically, I don't see myself changing cases very often but... since I can't get the gold phone I wanted, I think I need extra goldish cases.

Attachments

• 71XmXxZbGML._SL1500_.jpg
    71XmXxZbGML._SL1500_.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 81Gbe%2B8LjHL._SL1500_.jpg
    81Gbe%2B8LjHL._SL1500_.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 75

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just took delivery of Caseology's Vault case for my Note 5... Cost me $6.47 shipped after the online coupon offer that was offered last week...

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Vault Series] [Black] Slim Design Rugged Protective Armor Cover [Active Armor] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

View attachment 199546

It's a nice case... One of my favorites so far...

I have four more arriving from Verus to add to my case stable...
How's the grip? Or how slippery is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
How's the grip? Or how slippery is it?

The sides of the case have a slight rubbery feel to them (versus the hard plastic feel of some cases)... I wouldn't call the phone slippery at all...but I would also say that I have owned cases (most notably the Speck cases) that have rubber accents around the phone that make it a lot "grippier" than this phone...

That said, I think this is currently my "go to" case at this point... Not a lot of bulk, seems like it has nice cushion for drops, good lip around the screen...

If I am looking for something COMPLETELY minimal, I would still go to the Ringke SLIM, as it adds almost zero bulk...but if I want to protect my phone, this Caseology Vault case is fantastic...

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Speck CandyShell case for the Note 5?

My son has the smaller version of this one for his Galaxy S5, and he says that the black ribs make the phone very "grippy"...

He demonstrated by laying his phone on the palm of his hand and slowly turning his palm vertical, and the phone held quite impressively...it definitely is not a slippery case!

61aynuU6OXL._SL1414_.jpg

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Speck CandyShell case for the Note 5?
I have it for the note 5, had it for the note 3 and 4. Love the grip and it saved my phones from all types of drops. It's not the best looking case though. I have had not black and white. I like the black inside rubber of the white because it's less distracting than the grey inner rubber on the black version when looking at the screen. But the white is way too loud of a color when in a business meeting. It looks cheap to me. The black is nice and more discrete, but the grey is distracting. I've put it away in favor of the spigen slim armor for now because that case looks more professional, but so much slippery-er.

I'd like to sind something between the two. Nice looking, discrete, but has grip and protection. Any recs?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have it for the note 5, had it for the note 3 and 4. Love the grip and it saved my phones from all types of drops. It's not the best looking case though. I have had not black and white. I like the black inside rubber of the white because it's less distracting than the grey inner rubber on the black version when looking at the screen. But the white is way too loud of a color when in a business meeting. It looks cheap to me. The black is nice and more discrete, but the grey is distracting. I've put it away in favor of the spigen slim armor for now because that case looks more professional, but so much slippery-er.

I'd like to sind something between the two. Nice looking, discrete, but has grip and protection. Any recs?

Best case thus far, is a Verus High Pro case. Very form fitting and slim. In my opinion...

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Best case thus far, is a Verus High Pro case. Very form fitting and slim. In my opinion...

I agree I got it for 3.99 but it's worth full price,I also bought the verge verus case at a discounted price but the high pro shield has more grip and feels really thin compared to the verge case .

Posted via the Android Central App

ACME Guy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my note 5 last week and have a Zagg glass screen protector which installed great. I have purchased 4 cases. I got the Best Buy Insignia clear soft shell when I got the phone. It looks terrible (the camera cut out is crooked) and only fit OK as its kind of squishy at the sides. Its going back. Then I ordered 3 Spigen cases from Amazon. The Thin Fit, the Neo Hybrid Carbon in metal slate, and the Rugged Capsule.

The Neo Hybrid looked the best with the carbon fiber look and the metal slate matched the color of the black sapphire pretty well. But, it added quite a bit of bulk (82mm width from the phone's 77mm) and it did not fit snug on the sides. When I would hold the phone in my hand the case would start pulling up the glass screen protector. Its going back.

The Rugged Capsule was a flexible TPU that fit pretty well, much better than the Insignia case. It did not remove the screen protector when using, but I just didn't think it would give me much drop or even bang protection. Its going back.

The Thin Fit is the one I ended up choosing. It snaps in place and does not move once it is on the phone. I have had similar thin fit type cases (Incipio and Poetic) on previous phones and really liked them. The Poetic protected my G2 from its only major fall onto asphalt while getting out of car allowing just a few scratches on the corner but no broken glass. The Spigen Thin Fit has cut outs to allow the use of the Note 5's actual buttons and the camera cut out has just enough of a lip so that it doesn't allow the camera lens to touch the surface when you set the phone down. The case does not add much bulk or weight and has good grip, unlike the Neo Hybrid which was slippery plastic on the sides, so I feel confident when I grab the phone.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for your info on the cases and screen protectors as it helped me make my decisions much easier. I wanted to share my experience as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781