08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    See pics.

which glass screen protector do you use?
    11-05-2015 05:49 PM
    I currently have a simple grey Tudia case for my Note 5, because I was planning to hold out for the Caseology Envoy in brown.

However, I saw a previous poster advertise for the Wobiloo cases. They seem to be leather with a metal bumper. Does anyone have experience with that case?

Otherwise, seeing the Tumi case makes me want one one of those as well, because I really dig the coated canvas back (my backpack is also coated canvas so I feel like it would make sense).
    11-05-2015 08:16 PM
    I got the spider case with carbon fiber looking inserts. It's nice but I don't think I like covering up this phone
    11-05-2015 11:20 PM
    Evutec just came out with the note 5 case and I will say, hands down best looking and feeling case for this phone. And trust me I have like 12 cases so I've been around the block per say with cases. Haha

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 04:54 AM
    Evutec just came out with the note 5 case and I will say, hands down best looking and feeling case for this phone. And trust me I have like 12 cases so I've been around the block per say with cases. Haha

Link please!
    11-09-2015 04:56 AM
    Anyone have the Pelican Voyager case for their Note 5? I have the Pelican Protector on my iPhone and I love it since it gives me proven drop-protection without being thick and bulky -- but apparently the Protector isn't available for the Note 5, only the larger Voyager is. I'm wondering if maybe the Voyager will make the Note 5 too bulky to comfortably fit in my jeans pocket. Anyone familiar with these cases?
    11-09-2015 08:37 AM
    http://www.evutec.com/product-p/ss-n05-si-k01.htm

Here's the link for the evutec case for galaxy note 5. I have it and it is by far the nicest case that I own for it. Quality materials and great grip. It's a little special day but hey ya get what you pay for

Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-09-2015 10:54 AM
    http://www.evutec.com/product-p/ss-n05-si-k01.htm

Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    11-09-2015 10:55 AM

Post up some 'Real" pictures of this case. Thanks.
    11-09-2015 01:46 PM
    Anyone know if the "Verus High Pro Shield" case really offers drop protection? It says it does, but you know how that goes. Anyone know for sure??
    11-10-2015 05:46 AM
    Has anyone seen a bumper case that only covers the edges of the Note5? I had a Case Mate Hula bumper on my S5 and really liked it, but cannot seem to find anything similar for the Note5. I need a bit of color to make the black phone easier to spot when on a dark surface as I have a slight vision impairment. I do not want to add any bulk if possible.
    11-11-2015 08:41 AM
    Has anyone seen a bumper case that only covers the edges of the Note5? I had a Case Mate Hula bumper on my S5 and really liked it, but cannot seem to find anything similar for the Note5. I need a bit of color to make the black phone easier to spot when on a dark surface as I have a slight vision impairment. I do not want to add any bulk if possible.
    Only case i know of and always used on any of my phones is UAG case that's on my Note 5 bumper on the edges and corners.
    RC51 RIDER likes this.
    11-11-2015 09:17 AM
    Rhinoshield
    Rhino Shield Products for Galaxy Note 5
    BettysNephew likes this.
    11-11-2015 03:16 PM
    Exactly what I was looking for, ordered one red and one white.
    11-11-2015 06:37 PM
    Is there anything like this for the Note 4? The only ones I've seen are metal or really ugly rubber ones.
    11-11-2015 09:38 PM
    Is there anything like this for the Note 4? The only ones I've seen are metal or really ugly rubber ones.
    How about this one from Nillkin
    Nillkin Armor-border bumper case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - from category Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (nillkin.org)
    11-12-2015 03:41 AM
    I've seen that but it's very manly lol
    11-12-2015 04:51 AM
    This is a great solution for the Note5... gives it excellent protection, but keeps it very thin and lightweight!

unfortuantely, they didn't make one for the Note 4, they only recently released the Crash Guard bumper for the Note5. Comes in red, white and blue....
    11-12-2015 08:29 AM
    Good that you didn't overpay with the Verizon bundle...

Get a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon...you'll find one for around $10.00... Browse these forums to research which ones people have had the most success with, and which ones to avoid... People seem to like the Invisible Shield "Glass" product... I put this product on my wife and both of my teenagers phones, and it is definitely a nice one, with beveled edges, etc... The cost was 2x-3x the $10.00 ones that you can find on Amazon...but arguably, the nice beveled edges make the product look a lot better... I paid $1.00 for the Skinomi protector with a coupon code a while back... Edges don't look as nice, but it works for me...

Installing it without bubbles and dust is just a matter of patience... Clean the glass really well, and be very careful placing the screen protector down on the surface... There was one tip that I saw somewhere that suggested you place the screen protector on the phone without taking the backing off just to position for fit...then use some painter's tape (blue tape) to tape down one side to create a door-like hinge...

Theoretically, you lift the screen protector off the screen (like a hinged door), peel off the backing, and let the screen protector fall back into place... I like the idea, though I have never used this method before...

Regarding case choice, it really is personal preference... Are you trying to protect from scratches? From a small drop? From a large drop? How much bulk are you willing to live with? After you answer these questions, then color/design choice comes into play... You'll end up with the right case in the end (or end up with 10 "right" cases like I did)!

Good luck!
    Sorry for the late response. I couldn't find the thread again, and apparently either there aren't email notifications anymore, or I'm not signed up for them. [Edit: Just found the option for email notifications. Duh!]

Anyway, my husband, who has the patience of a gnat, didn't want to wait while I researched screen protectors and cases, so he went on eBay and bought the cheapest ones he could find (about $5.00 total for the screen protector and case). I figured they were good enough until I could find what I wanted.

My goal is/was strictly to protect the phone. I like TPU cases because I had one on my last phone, and despite having dropped the phone several times, nothing ever broke. (The screen had flexible clear protector -- not glass.)

I want to protect the phone as well as possible -- bulk is not an issue, because I always carry some kind of purse/bag/backpack.

And now here's the punch line -- I just broke the glass screen protector. I managed to bang the front of the phone against the lid of my laptop, and the edge of the protector is chipped and has cracks radiating from the chip. Even with a magnifying glass, I can't tell if the actual Note 5 glass screen is damaged. I feel sick about it. I haven't even had the thing for a month!

So now I'm looking for advice. I'm guessing there's no way to tell if the screen is damaged without removing the protector, so I need to either buy a new protector ASAP -- before I removed the cracked one -- or just go to Verizon and let them remove the cracked one and put on a new one (assuming the screen's not damaged), but that'll cost me $25 or $30 and I don't know how good the Verizon protectors are.

So maybe I should just buy a decent screen protector online, and leave the cracked/chipped one in place until the new one arrives. I don't have time to do a lot more research -- I need to order something ASAP -- so if anyone has specific recommendations, I'm all ears. Is the Invisible Shield a Zagg one? Money is really a major issue for me, but I'll spend what I have to for proper protection.

And if the screen IS damaged, I'm sure it's gonna cost me a bundle.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations.
    11-13-2015 12:29 AM
    Just ordered my UAG case for the N5 and it came with tempered glass ! I've had outstanding service from these cases on all my phone's great grip little to know bulk and bullet proof if you drop the phone !
    11-13-2015 01:06 AM
    Sorry for the late response. I couldn't find the thread again, and apparently either there aren't email notifications anymore, or I'm not signed up for them. [Edit: Just found the option for email notifications. Duh!]

Anyway, my husband, who has the patience of a gnat, didn't want to wait while I researched screen protectors and cases, so he went on eBay and bought the cheapest ones he could find (about $5.00 total for the screen protector and case). I figured they were good enough until I could find what I wanted.

My goal is/was strictly to protect the phone. I like TPU cases because I had one on my last phone, and despite having dropped the phone several times, nothing ever broke. (The screen had flexible clear protector -- not glass.)

I want to protect the phone as well as possible -- bulk is not an issue, because I always carry some kind of purse/bag/backpack.

And now here's the punch line -- I just broke the glass screen protector. I managed to bang the front of the phone against the lid of my laptop, and the edge of the protector is chipped and has cracks radiating from the chip. Even with a magnifying glass, I can't tell if the actual Note 5 glass screen is damaged. I feel sick about it. I haven't even had the thing for a month!

So now I'm looking for advice. I'm guessing there's no way to tell if the screen is damaged without removing the protector, so I need to either buy a new protector ASAP -- before I removed the cracked one -- or just go to Verizon and let them remove the cracked one and put on a new one (assuming the screen's not damaged), but that'll cost me $25 or $30 and I don't know how good the Verizon protectors are.

So maybe I should just buy a decent screen protector online, and leave the cracked/chipped one in place until the new one arrives. I don't have time to do a lot more research -- I need to order something ASAP -- so if anyone has specific recommendations, I'm all ears. Is the Invisible Shield a Zagg one? Money is really a major issue for me, but I'll spend what I have to for proper protection.

And if the screen IS damaged, I'm sure it's gonna cost me a bundle.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations.
    Leave it on and get ZAGG Glass best one there is a little pricey but worth it look at mines:http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4806409 No HALO At all Once you get new one then replace it if your not sure to do it yourself go to your provider they will put it on for you the ZAGG Glass
    Link for ZAGG: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector - Glass | ZAGG
    11-13-2015 04:35 AM
    I'm using the VERUS CASE, holds up to 3 cards, I longer carry my wallet around due to SAMSUNG pay, it's pretty amazing.
    11-14-2015 12:43 PM
    Karbon SI Osprey for Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Nice find victoryrules8 !! Evutec makes nice stuff. They never made Note cases in the past, glad to see that has changed. I think I'll order one tomorrow. I'm using the Ringke Crystal now and it is nice but the clear glossy back on the case shows fingerprints BAD just like the actual glass back of the Note 5.
    11-15-2015 01:04 PM
    Hi.

For those that are familiar with the Otterbox Symmetry, do you feel like it offers enough protection against accidental drops? Or not really?

Thanks!
    11-16-2015 09:37 AM
    Any thoughts on Tech21 cases? I received this case for free when I purchased my phone, and so far I like how thin it is.....Just wondering how durable these are.....Debating if I should purchase something else.
    11-16-2015 11:00 AM
1,083 ... 3233343536 ...