08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Got my Luphie case in the mail over the weekend, and it's pretty much my favorite case ever. It's made of all metal and glass and I like the extra bit of heft it adds. The black is a fingerprint magnet, but I don't mind much.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-img_20151116_101424-2.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-img_20151116_101437-2.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-img_20151116_101447-2.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-img_20151116_101513-2.jpg
    11-16-2015 11:35 AM
    Anyone have or know of a good wallet case, but not the folio type, just need it to be a typical open faced case, but with card slots on back of phone..
    11-16-2015 07:05 PM
    I got the Spigen Slim-Fit in black.

Pros:
    Very thin and light. Barely adds any bulk to the phone.
    Basic protection for bumps and scratches. May offer minimal protection for short drops.
    Has a protective "lip" for both the screen and the camera lens.
    Clips on securely.
    Doesn't get stretchy like some cases.

Cons:
    Minimal protection for drops.
    USB port hole will not allow for cords with chunkier connectors
    S-Pen hole makes pen difficult to eject
    Grease magnet. Seriously, any touch makes it looked like I put my phone down on a pizza.
    Spigen insists on putting "Auto Focus" near the camera. Why? I haven't had a phone without auto focus since my Blackberry 8310. Might as well put "cellular" or "digital" on there too.

Overall not a terrible case, but I'll probably get something a little better after the holidays.
    11-16-2015 08:31 PM
    Any thoughts on Tech21 cases? I received this case for free when I purchased my phone, and so far I like how thin it is.....Just wondering how durable these are.....Debating if I should purchase something else.
    A black one was all I could find when I first got my White Note 5. Since then I bought a clear/white edge one online. I didn't really mind the black case as it reminded me of licorice candy. I love this clear one though being able to see through the back. The little diamond texture inside the case helps to hide any fingerprints but it really doesn't show many at all. It's a very nice case. They are pricey but so is the phone! I hate the fingerprint magnet surfaces! Tech21 are supposed to be VERY protective. I had a pink one on my Note 3 and dropped it a few times. Never any damage but the falls weren't too high or on cement.

It's also very easy to remove from the phone when needed. Like when I want to put it on my new wireless charger in my new car :-)
    11-16-2015 09:00 PM
    The black case was all they had....I may have to look into the clear one. I sometimes have a litte trouble getting the pen out though
    11-16-2015 11:49 PM
    Hi.

For those that are familiar with the Otterbox Symmetry, do you feel like it offers enough protection against accidental drops? Or not really?

Thanks!
    I have a symmetry case on mine, to me it has plenty of protection, as I work in a lumber yard and around forklifts all day long it has fallen from bout 3-4 feet and nothing has happen. Hope this helped out a bit

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-17-2015 06:28 AM
    I have a symmetry case on mine, to me it has plenty of protection, as I work in a lumber yard and around forklifts all day long it has fallen from bout 3-4 feet and nothing has happen. Hope this helped out a bit
    It did. Thanks!
    11-17-2015 07:49 AM
    I 've bought a few cases from ebay ( Slim Hybrid Armor Hard Shockproof Impact Case & Luxury Aluminum Ultra-thin Mirror Metal Case Cover) and amazon (Yoozon TPU Case & Verus [High Pro Shield][Crimson Red].

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0227.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0230.jpg

Slim Hybrid Armor - gives protection but the rubberized parts are just too rigid for me, and it takes a good strong press(from me) to get responses from the power and volume buttons. This was the case I used everyday until I bought the Verus case.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0233.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0234.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0238.jpg

Luxury Aluminum Ultra-thin Mirror Metal Case - this case came a little roughed up and I received a refund of some of the cost and kept the phone. the back if a fingerprint magnet, but I don't use it often enough for that t bother me.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0245.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0246.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0251.jpg

Verus [High Pro Shield][Crimson Red] - This is my favorite of the bunch. I've only had this for a few days and it's now what I use daily. It does not add much bulk to the phone and evens adds a little bit of weight, which I like. The textured back makes it a lot easier for me to hold and operate the phone with one hand. The top and bottom portions of the back gets smudged a lot but it rubs off pretty easily. I'm pretty happy with this one.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0255-edt.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0256.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0257.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0261.jpg

Yoozon TPU Case - I haven't used this one yet, but I bought it for those times when I want to show the skin on the back of the phone. It's a very thin and flexible case with caps to cover the headphone jack and charging port. I don't think it will provide any sort of protection should the phone fall. I do think it's a really good case if you want to showcase the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0239.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0241.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-dsc_0242.jpg
    sassypants2 likes this.
    11-17-2015 01:02 PM
    If any of you are thinking about getting the Otterbox Defender case, just beware that the screen protector that comes with the case takes away the touch sensitivity of the screen so you'll have to press harder to register screen presses or sometimes twice.
    I don't have a problem at all with touch sensitivity on my Note 4. I've always used the OB Defender on all my smart phones over the years. The one on my Note 4 is a knock off or more likely a factory second as the rubber doesn't aline presisely with the inner shell around the lens and flash. I got it at a flea market for $10. It's identical to the genuine OB except there is no logo. The holster it came with has the logo. I don't give a rats *ss about the bulk as I want the best protection I can get from dropping it. The Note, in and of itself is bulky anyway. A better screen protector might be a good idea though.

11-17-2015 02:03 PM
    I life that clear case that covers some of the ports. I bought separate port covers.

PS: If anyone would like to do a review of a Poetic Case, email their PR team (they emailed me today). They are asking for people to review the new "Revolution series" for the SGN5. It seems to have the protection of an Otterbox...
    11-17-2015 04:30 PM
    They are asking for people to review the new "Revolution series" for the SGN5. It seems to have the protection of an Otterbox...
    What's up with the strange keychain-loop thing on that case?
    11-17-2015 05:02 PM
    I guessing so that you can attach it to your jeans, or something. If you noticed the image, it is as if it is geared for rugged use...

What's up with the strange keychain-loop thing on that case?
    11-17-2015 05:15 PM
    I think it will be good. I've always used thin cases with no issues, and im always outdoors etc. Never broke a display or anything along those lines before .

11-18-2015 01:19 AM
    I find myself regularly switching between the:

- Verus High Pro-Shield (Electric Blue)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-51rmfco7eql._sy90_.jpg
    - Verus Verge (Military Green)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-51ptey2-ysl._sy90_.jpg
    - Ringke SLIM (Black)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-51xkh1ehjul._sy90_.jpg

Today I am rocking the SLIM... I still love how minimalistic the case is... After using the other cases that add a little bit of width and thickness to the Note 5, it is refreshing to shed that extra size with the SLIM (but as discussed in the past, it comes at the cost of less/no drop protection)...
    11-18-2015 12:29 PM
    How would you rate the Verus High Pro at drop protection?
    11-18-2015 12:44 PM
    I would say really good... It's a good compromise between protection and size...

It has enough of a screen lip to protect the screen from a straight-up face plant drop on the screen...and there's enough corner protection to handle most minor drops...

Admittedly, it is not the protection that a Otterbox provides...but it also doesn't have the size of an Otterbox...
    11-18-2015 12:48 PM
    Anyone have or know of a good wallet case, but not the folio type, just need it to be a typical open faced case, but with card slots on back of phone..
    lespaul, while shopping for cases I saw this one on Amazon. It's leather.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Aceabove [KICKSTAND][Dark Brown] Slim Protective Leather Wallet Cover Case with Stand Feature and Credit Card ID Holders wallet case For Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920 Devices

I can't post links (I'm too new) but you'll find it if you search for this item on Amazon: B0143P1HB8
    11-19-2015 11:12 AM
    lespaul, while shopping for cases I saw this one on Amazon. It's leather.

Galaxy Note 5 Case, Aceabove [KICKSTAND][Dark Brown] Slim Protective Leather Wallet Cover Case with Stand Feature and Credit Card ID Holders wallet case For Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920 Devices

I can't post links (I'm too new) but you'll find it if you search for this item on Amazon: B0143P1HB8
    I'm using this case today... No kickstand... I like the wraparound faux leather on this one... It gets a lot of stares in business meetings...very classic look...

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-91bumdiraml._sl1500_.jpg
    11-19-2015 11:35 AM
    I find myself regularly switching between the:

- Verus High Pro-Shield (Electric Blue)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51RmfcO7EqL._SY90_.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	206276
    - Verus Verge (Military Green)

Name:	51PTEy2-ysL._SY90_.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	206277
    - Ringke SLIM (Black)

Name:	51Xkh1eHjUL._SY90_.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	206278

Today I am rocking the SLIM... I still love how minimalistic the case is... After using the other cases that add a little bit of width and thickness to the Note 5, it is refreshing to shed that extra size with the SLIM (but as discussed in the past, it comes at the cost of less/no drop protection)...
    The Ringke Slim looks good. Is that the Ringke case that has the usb port cover, and the 3.5mm phonejack covers? How is the fit around the s-pen slot, any problems? Thanks.
    11-19-2015 02:11 PM
    No...no usb cover, no phonejack covers... The s-pen slot is fine...but due to the minimalist design, one could argue that it is a little exposed if dropped on that corner...

Honestly, I hated the case when I first got it... I opened the package and was shocked at how flimsy and minimal it was... And after using it a while, I realized that the flimsy/minimal design was the whole point of the case...

I don't have my phone in that case today...if you want me to take photos from different angles, let me know...
    11-19-2015 03:07 PM
    No...no usb cover, no phonejack covers... The s-pen slot is fine...but due to the minimalist design, one could argue that it is a little exposed if dropped on that corner...

Honestly, I hated the case when I first got it... I opened the package and was shocked at how flimsy and minimal it was... And after using it a while, I realized that the flimsy/minimal design was the whole point of the case...

I don't have my phone in that case today...if you want me to take photos from different angles, let me know...
    Thanks, but that won't be necessary. The case that i was looking for, is the Ringke Fusion Black. Thanks again, for your feedback.
    11-19-2015 05:00 PM
    I have the Ghostek case. I like it, except the charger and head phone openings only fit the cords that came with the phone. I have quick chargers in my car and office, but they use cords that are similar the the Note 4, not Note 5. As a result, I'm looking for a new case - can anyone recommend a slim case with charger/headphone openings that fit more options than just the oem Note 5? Thanks!

11-20-2015 09:02 AM
    Spigen insists on putting "Auto Focus" near the camera. Why? I haven't had a phone without auto focus since my Blackberry 8310. Might as well put "cellular" or "digital" on there too.
    This absolutely drives me nuts with the Spigen cases. I went to a Verus High Pro Shield this time around and noticed that Verus has substituted the word "megapixel" for "auto focus".

To me this screams no name, cheap mall kiosk cell case.

Other than that, I love the Verus case.
    11-21-2015 08:32 AM
    I have the Ghostek case. I like it, except the charger and head phone openings only fit the cords that came with the phone. I have quick chargers in my car and office, but they use cords that are similar the the Note 4, not Note 5. As a result, I'm looking for a new case - can anyone recommend a slim case with charger/headphone openings that fit more options than just the oem Note 5? Thanks!

They were supposed to correct this with their later "updated version" of the case. Do you have an original or the updated one?
    11-21-2015 08:33 AM
    This absolutely drives me nuts with the Spigen cases. I went to a Verus High Pro Shield this time around and noticed that Verus has substituted the word "megapixel" for "auto focus".
    I don't get it. Do you mean it's printed on the case? By the way, this Verus case is on sale right now on Amazon so I ordered the blue one. I don't even have the phone yet, but what the heck.
    11-21-2015 09:11 AM
1,083 ... 3334353637 ...