08-05-2017 04:24 PM
1,083 ... 41424344
tools
    I have this and it's a great case. Found it very user friendly and not too bulky
    In regards to the dual pro inception.
    07-09-2016 02:20 AM
    The Dual Pro is a pretty nice case. My only complaint with it was that it was a fingerprint and oil magnet.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time
    I actually recieved the case in the mail (bought via Verizon) before I got my Note 5, which is due on Monday. I can definitely see how the rubberized coating could be a fingerprint/oil magnet...although the grippy-ness and "feel" is great. I have 30-days to either keep it or send it back, so we'll see. I would love to find a case (as I mentioned in an earlier post) that mimics the Apple leather iPhone case. THAT would be a keeper.
    07-09-2016 08:50 AM
    Just got this case from Amazon! It looks and fits great!! ☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-3152.jpg  
    07-21-2016 12:17 PM
    Just got this case from Amazon! It looks and fits great!! ☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    I just bought a Note 5!!
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:39 AM
    Finally found my case and skin I'll be sticking with from SkinIt. The skin is flawless and the case has a very buttery feel too it that looks great and adds moderate to heavy protection. I'm very happy with and and won't be putting any other case on it anytime soon.

Case - Calgary Flames Home Jersey Calgary Flames Galaxy Note5 Case | Skinit
    Skin - Calgary Flames Home Jersey Calgary Flames Galaxy Note5 Skin | Skinit
    08-10-2016 01:55 PM
    I bought this one from Amazon. Great case, clear hard plastic and fits pretty tight.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014U488RI...cUvbUpU5318628
    08-12-2016 06:43 AM
    Guys.. You can save a lot of money when you buy phone cases from Aliexpress.com

I bought a few phone cases there and it works really fine.
    08-15-2016 07:59 AM
    I don't know if this has been answered or not, but does ANY Amazon seller have a Battery case THAT has an OPENING for the PEN?
    09-10-2016 12:55 AM
    I have the UAG case and I love it. Now I need to find a decent holster for it.

https://urbanarmorgear.com/collectio...-galaxy-note-5
    I realize you have a case that you like very much, I had a SupCase on my Note 7 and really loved it (it's really very similar to the UAG but comes with a holster) they are easily obtained and under $20 but offer great protection and I think look good while doing it (IMHO) I can say that I dropped my Note 7 several times with this case and never had any issues.

Here are some of their cases (they are less on Amazon)
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=QvXKSbS5

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-17-2016 07:25 AM
    Absolutely, I have been using the Tech21 cases for years. They have customized cutouts for all necessary connections and the S-Pen. The absolute most important aspect of the Tech21 cases is the fact that it has a material called "Flexshock" (formerly called D3O) which is a shock absorbing material that distributes the impact shock around the case rather than just at the impact point.

I have dropped my Galaxy S (Vibrant), S5 and Note 5 on concrete and never sustained any damage. I also installed the Tech 21 cases on the models in between but was fortunate not to have dropped them. There are many cases on the market, some prettier, some uglier, but none that will offer better protection than the Tech 21's. I am a loyal, lifetime customer after these cases have saved my expensive smartphones on multiple occasions. I am using the Tactical Case on my Note 5 which can be seen here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=ruKeIMFl

Amazon has the best pricing. Amazon also has some superb leather holsters, both vertical and horizontal made by Hengwin. They have some sleek and slim designs as well as bigger and bulkier designs for those who want to carry more goodies than just a phone.
    10-17-2016 12:06 PM
    Just received the Samsung wallet case in the mail today. So far I really like it. It only holds one card, but that's all I needed. Got it from Amazon You $4.50. best $4. 50 I have spent in a while. No complaints here.
    If you're inclined, use Samsung Pay to have a few more of your other cards always available.
    11-17-2016 08:04 AM
    I have this case as well. I use Samsung Pay to have other cards always available.
    11-17-2016 08:16 AM
    I've actually found that a Seidio holster from my Note 3 actually fit my Note 5 UAG case perfectly. Thus eliminating the need for me to purchase more accessories. I am one of those folks for whom a holster is a "must have".Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-20161117_092934.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-20161117_093013.jpg
    11-17-2016 08:31 AM
    Some Note 5 case / wallet case on sale right now on caseen.com for Black Friday.

Black Friday Sale - caseen
    11-21-2016 05:28 PM
    Of course my note 4 takes a dump after black Friday. And Asurion offers me a note 5 which I have no cases for. . I ordered a generic Karen Deals TPU and a dualpro at 3am.
    12-05-2016 09:51 PM
    I have an Otterbox case on my Note 5. Yesterday, I dropped my Note 5 in the snow while getting in my car. The whole phone was buried in the snow drift. Dug it out, wiped off the screen and used the phone the entire night without any problems. I don't have the included screen protector on it because I ruined it almost instantly trying to put it on the phone so the screen was unprotected. Glad I bought this case last year.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-20161218_174959.jpg
    12-18-2016 06:51 PM
    I had been using a few cases with my note 5... originally got an otterbox symmetry but in time the thin parts of the frame around the rubber flaps both snapped which was annoying. I then switched to a second hand tech21 which was less bulky. At some point (don't know when it happened) I got a thin crack on my screen, all the way from left to right but you can't notice it at some reading angles, in others it jumps out. While the symmetry had originally come with a stick on screen protector I was unable to apply it without getting various specks of dust and hair under it to the point where I destroyed it in frustration.

Anyway after the crack I went and got a zagg screen protector which worked very well and did its job saving my phone when it got stuck being taken out of my pocket and suddenly flew free and landed on some tile, the point of impact shattered the glass of the screen protector but the note was fine. It did get some glass shards on the edge of the screen protector which kept getting worse, even messing with the proximity sensor so i had to remove it, and decided to get a case with a built in screen protector... though I was leary of the size of the otterbox defender.

Anyway I ended up getting a supcase unicorn beetle pro, black/blue, what they call blue is more cyan. It came with a holster which I never have luck with, but its there anyway. I used to always have a problem where my t-shirt would get between the phone and the holster as i tried to place it in there and then it would be lose or fly out or whatever (this on earlier phones/cases with holsters).

Thus far, my thoughts on the case:

1 - it fits very snugly. this is good, not gonna pop out like some other cases I've used after a spill...
    2 - however, it is not the kind of case you casually remove your phone from if you want to show it off naked.... it takes a bit of work to remove it and then put it back on, and its the kind of work that makes me worry long term it might damage the case if you do that a lot.
    3 - I am very fond of my fast wireless charger (a seneo). I was used to casually dropping my phone onto it for charging. This was never an issue with the Tech21 (I didn't have the charger when I had the symmetry). Well now I dropped it in... and nothing. I tried sideways and nothing. Then fiddling with it I got the charger light to turn green which normally indicates charging but the phone didn't show charging. After positioning it carefully i got the ding and it was charging. So basically the positioning is less forgiving with this case on, but it does work. After a while I was pretty good at getting it on there, but it still impacts how easy it is to drop the phone on there, and that is with a charger that holds the phone angle, with a flat surface it might be more finicky.
    4 - about the only major negative, it impacts the sound quality other people get when I use the speaker phone. This is a bit of a bummer.

Aside form that one last issue I like it quite a lot. I'll probably just use my bt headset more, I guess. I'll check back after using it for awhile to see if my opinions change on it...
    01-03-2017 09:47 PM
    This is a pretty decent price for a Spigen Slim Armour with kickstand. Amazon Canada is selling it for $9.00, even better. I have one on my Galaxy s6 and I think it's a terrific case. Any fears I had about the durability of the kickstand have been unfounded over the last 18 + months.

$14.00 US
    https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Galaxy...cUvbUpU5651614

$9.00 CA
    https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Kicksta...droidcent08-20
    01-21-2017 11:59 AM
    Had one, good case, scratched pretty easily, kick stand lasted about 10 months then broke off.

This is a pretty decent price for a Spigen Slim Armour with kickstand. Amazon Canada is selling it for $9.00, even better. I have one on my Galaxy s6 and I think it's a terrific case. Any fears I had about the durability of the kickstand have been unfounded over the last 18 + months.

$14.00 US
    https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Galaxy...cUvbUpU5651620

$9.00 CA
    https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Kicksta...droidcent08-20
    01-21-2017 12:06 PM
    Had one, good case, scratched pretty easily, kick stand lasted about 10 months then broke off.
    Too bad. Not my experience at all. Excellent case at an excellent price.
    01-21-2017 01:59 PM
    Great list. But I can't see power cases. And since the main critics are addressed to the absence of the removable battery and an SD-card slot I will include my favourite modular case, the I-blades, that adds battery, 64GB and platform for further modules/improvement.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases-note5-elite-hero.1.jpg
    jlost likes this.
    02-16-2017 06:26 AM
    Great list. But I can't see power cases. And since the main critics are addressed to the absence of the removable battery and an SD-card slot I will include my favourite modular case, the I-blades, that adds battery, 64GB and platform for further modules/improvement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTE5-ELITE-HERO.1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	252245
    Wow that is really sweet
    jlost and levjaskulski like this.
    02-16-2017 11:18 AM
    Pretty cool but sooo much money
    levjaskulski likes this.
    02-18-2017 12:55 PM
    Can anyone suggest a case that does not have anything over the phone's power buttons and volume rocker? It seems every case I can find covers up these buttons with some kind of overlay. The only one I'm finding so far is the Spigen Slim Fit, but I know that one is very slippery. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    02-18-2017 08:30 PM
    Just ordered this:

http://www.shop-leather.com/genuine-...-cover-5-slim/

genuine italian leather Case for Samsung Galaxy note 5 book wallet luxury cover

Material: 100% Genuine Leather
    Highest quality fine grain leather combined with the best stitch work to pro...
    levjaskulski likes this.
    03-07-2017 09:17 PM
1,083 ... 41424344