Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If I keep it I'll get this one. I love the UAG products.

3c0420fc713ddc9d1d8bd11a783e0ad9.jpg

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk

Phil Nolan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely looking close at these. I had no case for my Note 3 and the corners got all roughed up from drops. In an unrelated incident my screen died and T-Mobile replaced the phone so I took the chance and got an s-view cover. At first it was cool, But then I got tired of flipping it open and the corners of the phone still got damaged just as much from falls! At least the Note 5 has metal edges which should help a little even without a case.

corty34m

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What are the chances that Incipio will make an Offgrid Case for the Note 5/S6 Edge+ with an extra battery and microsd slot like they did for the regular S6/s6 edge? If samsung was smart they would make their own case with expandable storage and battery. Tha way everyone wins.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
After I posted here, I decided to just suck it up and went over to Otterbox and bought another Defender case and holster for it. They have a 10% off right now and, right now, have free 2 day FedEx so maybe it will get here at the same time as my phone, or within a day or so of it.

I might get one of those slimmer, cheaper cases for when I am wearing a jacket or something and can carry it that way instead of my hip.

I always put a screen protector on my phones also. Even though the Defender has a built in protector, having another stick on protector never seemed to inhibit the abilities of my Note2. Hopefully, it won't bother the newer unit either.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
That big glass design needs something to absorb shock. Harder cases with just short drops will likely result in the same cracking issues as the S6 and iPhone. Worse considering more surface area than S6. Kinetic and static energy knows no mercy with glass.

I had browsed one that said Absorb Shock, but I can't remember which one. Anywho, Check out this link for ALL cases that have Absorb Shock.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4608568

I really am drawn to Spigen with their kickstand and I'm thinking about getting this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Note-S...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4608568

Tony C1

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances that Incipio will make an Offgrid Case for the Note 5/S6 Edge+ with an extra battery and microsd slot like they did for the regular S6/s6 edge? If samsung was smart they would make their own case with expandable storage and battery. Tha way everyone wins.

If this happened, I'd buy the note 5 without hesitation. Seems though they have only made this style case for a small selection of phones.

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I used Otterbox because of likely hood of damage to the device due to my profession. When I got my Note 3, Otter was slightly back ordered so I picked up a Seidio case and holster. Otterbox makes a better "Rugged" holster, but I think Seidio makes a slightly better case, and they are available sooner.
Both cases are available at release this time and both are quality cases. I went with the Seidio however because it's slightly thinner and they put the hard shell on the outside, Otterbox does it hard shell inside and soft outside. Just a preference for me.

seidioonline.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-5-s/9609.htm

Last edited:

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I used Otterbox because of likely hood of damage to the device due to my profession. When I got my Note 3, Otter was slightly back ordered so I picked up a Seidio case and holster. Otterbox makes a better "Rugged" holster, but I think Seidio makes a slightly better case, and they are available sooner.
Both cases are available at release this time and both are quality cases. I went with the Seidio however because it's slightly thinner and they put the hard shell on the outside, Otterbox does it hard shell inside and soft outside. Just a preference for me.

Can you provide the link for the Seidio case , please?

anon395528

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually never used a case for my Note 3 and was fine. I did purchase the heavy duty BodyGuardz glass screen protector which was the major must-have. Personally, I liked the faux leather black leather on the Note 3 so I did not want to cover it up. But, I ordered the black 64 gig and even though it feels good and has nice curves, basically a high gloss black finish. So, I just ordered this cover to sexy it up a bit. Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Verus [Crystal Bumper][Satin Silver] - [Clear][Drop Protection][Heavy Duty][Minimalistic][Slim Fit] - For Samsung Note 5 N920 Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Something I'd recommend to people here for a screen protector is a brand called ArmorSuit screen covers. I've got one on my Note2 that was one there for the last few years since I bought it and haven't replaced it yet. I bought these a few years ago, before my phone's, for my wife and son's tablets and was pretty impressed with them. They are relatively thick and have a soft feel. They're installed with the soapy liquid solution but they're pretty scratch resistant so using them with your stylus doesn't mean you have to keep replacing them every few weeks when they get scratched up from the point. I've used a few others on other phones over the years but I always ended up replacing them fairly early since the stylus scratches them up fairly quick to a point of not being able to see the screen easily. Even the glass covers got scratched up, just not as quickly and I ended up going back to the film type covers.

I actually kept the Armorsuit protector on my Note2 even after I got an Otterbox case for it and didn't loose any sensitivity with the stylus with the screen cover and the plastic screen on the otterbox combined.

Here's the one I ordered for my phone, it even comes with a rear cover also.
Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector / Front + Back Anti-Bubble - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories