Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I ended up placing an order for the Otterbox commuter just now ..the 10% and free 2 day Fedex air sealed the deal for me.

I don't paying premium for a well built case as the price itself pays off over long term in terms of protection and peace of mind.

After I posted here, I decided to just suck it up and went over to Otterbox and bought another Defender case and holster for it. They have a 10% off right now and, right now, have free 2 day FedEx so maybe it will get here at the same time as my phone, or within a day or so of it.

I might get one of those slimmer, cheaper cases for when I am wearing a jacket or something and can carry it that way instead of my hip.

I always put a screen protector on my phones also. Even though the Defender has a built in protector, having another stick on protector never seemed to inhibit the abilities of my Note2. Hopefully, it won't bother the newer unit either.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'll stick to iloome screenmate 9h Tempered Glass. I have 2 boxes for the Note 3. Haven't opened up the second box even though I should because the protector from the first box has scratches . (I jinxed myself thinking I wouldn't drop the phone with this thing on. Nope done it couple of times. Ironically, rarely dropped the phone when I did Not have a screen protector). Waiting for iLoome to get the ones for Note 5.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I usually go with Zagg invisible shields, but not too sure since I'm not really sure a out the s-pen on it. I have used it since the Note 2, and it usually works pretty well, but I had to take it off the Note 4 I have now about a month ago and I'm noticing a bit better response out of the s-pen. It was starting 5o peel up from the corners and me swapping cases pretty much every month, and knowing I was going to get the Note 5, I figured I could wait for a bit. The Armor suit looks like a decent option I might try, especially for the price.

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Something I'd recommend to people here for a screen protector is a brand called ArmorSuit screen covers.

I had a screen protector on my Note 2 and 3. Used Zagg for both. the ArmorSuit looks almost exactly like what Zagg makes their film out of. Zagg unfortunately is being a little slow out of the gate with the Note 5 and has yet to push a protector for this model.
Some people may not like the fact that writing on the film is a little "squishy" like writing on a blotter and you can see impressions in the film for a few minutes after using the stylus, but it goes away. The film is super-tough however, and will save the screen if you drop it right one the sharp edge of an object that may normally scratch an unprotected screen.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my Note 2 and 3. Used Zagg for both. the ArmorSuit looks almost exactly like what Zagg makes their film out of. Zagg unfortunately is being a little slow out of the gate with the Note 5 and has yet to push a protector for this model.
Some people may not like the fact that writing on the film is a little "squishy" like writing on a blotter and you can see impressions in the film for a few minutes after using the stylus, but it goes away. The film is super-tough however, and will save the screen if you drop it right one the sharp edge of an object that may normally scratch an unprotected screen.

I noticed that Zagg is not carrying screen protectors on their website, but I've seen the Note 5 Screen Protectors on the Verizon Website. BestBuy seems to have two different models as well- the Glass, and the InvisibleShield HD. I'm looking to get one at BB because they will install it through GeekSquad, and if it gets messed up, they are supposed to replace it.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that Zagg is not carrying screen protectors on their website, but I've seen the Note 5 Screen Protectors on the Verizon Website. BestBuy seems to have two different models as well- the Glass, and the InvisibleShield HD. I'm looking to get one at BB because they will install it through GeekSquad, and if it gets messed up, they are supposed to replace it.
I got my ZAGG installed at AT&T. Lady messed up the 1st time and went and grabbed a new one and got it on perfect.

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Originally I purchased the first one at BestBuy because it was the only one they sold for the HTC phone I had at the time. My Note 2 Seidio case came with a screen protector, which I didn't expect, they just threw it in the box. I had already purchased the Zagg, so I threw that one on.
Hopefully the new case I purchased has one in the box as well.

Ricky Leung

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am a cheap ******* when it comes to case and screen protector..I just spend $1 on ebay for a case and $3 for screen protector..been using these on my Nexus 5 for 1.5 year and they still holding up perfectly. Just bought a $1 case and $1.87 tempered glass on ebay for my future note 5. :)

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm the only person wanting that keyboard case. Doesn't look like bestbuy or sprint will be selling.. And it seems silly for samsung to wait till Friday to sell.

Posted via the Android Central App

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
After looking at so many options, I found the case manufacture from my Note 3 case. Looking at what they had to offer I again liked this option. The note 3 case has held up well and is pretty simple plus I know this works fine with wireless charging. I like the simple looks too that shows off the rounded back edge of the phone.

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case Cimo [Matte] Premium Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N5 (2015) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Only thing I don't like is that shipping delivery times is kind of long with 4 to 9 days. I hope it is sooner. Pickup my phone on Friday from Best Buy.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I kind of want something this time around with a swivel clip. The otter box is too big. So looks like I will go with something cheap on ebay. They have worked before and shouldn't be a problem. My only concern is with the wireless charging pad.

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I kind of want something this time around with a swivel clip. The otter box is too big. So looks like I will go with something cheap on ebay. They have worked before and shouldn't be a problem. My only concern is with the wireless charging pad.

SEIDIO | Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Accessories

The holster has a 360 clip that fits most items. The Surface case is a little thinner than the Dilex case, but the Dilex has a little extra shock absorption.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
First case arrived: Spigen thin fit (+ pics)

Hi all,

So with very device I order I always stock up on no less than 2-3 cases for different needs, light scratch protection, bumper level medium protection and a case for trips where I'll use something like a neo hybrid.

Today the first of three arrived, the thin fit. As usual Spigen does not disappoint and this is another great feeling high quality slim fit case.

An interesting upgrade to this line is it now offers full protection around all sides of the phone where it used to have an open bottom.

Here are a few pics to give you something to look at while we wait for the 21st.

uploadfromtaptalk1439851118503.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439851142573.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439851166725.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439851189550.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439851213313.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1439851242140.jpg

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Which screen protectors do you recommend for the s pen. I usually opt out of screen protectors because they feel sorta rubbery, which made swiping around the screen feel like an eraser on plastic.

Pre ordered the white note 5 and i cant seem to find any white swivel/clip cases.

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I have one of the tempered glass ones on my N2. Writing on it feels exactly the same as the real screen. That's what I'll be getting for the N5.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Which screen protectors do you recommend for the s pen. I usually opt out of screen protectors because they feel sorta rubbery, which made swiping around the screen feel like an eraser on plastic.

Pre ordered the white note 5 and i cant seem to find any white swivel/clip cases.

Have you ever tried a Tempered glass screen protector?

My first one was with my current note 4, and it's so much better than the cheap ones I bought a supershields and it cost me like 8 bucks but it feels more like your touching the screen, and if your phone falls it can prevent your screen from shattering, and the protector shatters instead, of course not all scenarios will be the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton