Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I didn't mean that s view coffin case as I've heard bad things and it's not functional. Basically a waste of 60 dollars. I was talking about the traditional style case Samsung offers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oh OK yeah,I'm leaning towards the sview case, instead of the 59.99 one,because the sview allows certain operations when the case is closed.

Posted via the Android Central App

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the s view case in white. It does feel nice but it conflicts with the ability to write with the s pen while the screen is off. The cover lid is also kinda getting on my nerves, but that's just me.

I also got the spigen clear liquid crystal case and it solves almost all issues with having a naked phone. Not slippery, still looks good, provides an extra minimal bulk to make the phone feel less fragile, and protects from scuffs and scratches. I doubt it will protect from a decent drop however, so I'm still getting a UAG.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
My case experiences...

• First attempt was the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S-View Clear Flip Cover. It was a really cool case and seeing notifications through the solid plastic front panel when it was closed was a neat parlor trick. It also matched the lines of the phone so while it was in use you could tell it was housing a Note 5. A lot of cases being discussed here are so big and generic that any phone can be inside and no one would know. Sadly, I picked it up at 5:00PM and by the next day at 9:00AM there were scratches all over the back of it. If you look at it crooked it scratches. I liked it so much I was thinking of crafting a screen protector for it. But a protector for a protector is a little nuts. So back it went.

Here it is: Galaxy Note5 S-View Flip Cover, Clear Black Sapphire

• Next up was a Tumi case on the VZW site. It looked great in pictures but the back is a much lighter grey than how it looked online. It was a beautiful case but it was a hard shell protective case that was near impossible to get off and on. I wanted to be able to pop the phone out easily when I wanted too and thought from the description that it was more a thin flexible case. For those looking for something tough and can get past the price it's a great case. Another thing that kind of pissed me off was when it came it said "by Incipio" so it's a licensed product not a real Tumi product. It's twice the price of the equivalent Incipio branded version it's based off of. So back it went.

Here it is: TUMI Astor Co-Mold Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - Gray Coated Canvas - Verizon Wireless

• The one that made the cut was the standard S View case. Everyone has it listed as "black" but it's a pearlescent blue to match the phone and it's really different because of that. The sides are exposed but the corners are really well protected. If the phone drops, I think the design of the case would greatly enhance its survivability. The S View cover "square" is pretty cool. In addition to seeing and being able to dismiss notifications, your top 9 favorite contacts can be accessed with the case closed. You can also use the camera with the case closed and it takes really neat square pictures. It's incredibly easy to pop the phone in and out too. It's well made and looks like it'll be durable.

Here it is: Galaxy Note5 S-View Flip Cover, Black Sapphire

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Verus Crystal bumper case from Verus on Amazon. The protection seems pretty decent as far as the TPU goes, similar to the Tech 21 case that I had for my Note 2. However, the coverage on the corner where the S-pen goes is pretty bleak. That plus the fact that the clear case is already slightly yellowing is making me lean towards returning it.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I am going to go with one of the Spigen thin cases that they offer... Here is my assessment and thought process on the three thin clear cases:

1. Liquid Crystal - Nice and thin (0.34"). Good protection from scratches, but not designed to take a fall.

2. Ultra Hybrid - Nice and thin, but not as thin as the liquid crystal (0.42"). Good protection from scratches and small drops.

3. Neo Hybrid - Nice and thin (0.43"). Good protection from scratches and small drops. Premium feel, especially with the metal buttons.

I am going to go for the silver Neo Hybrid... My big concern with ANY of these cases is whether they will play well with a tempered glass screen protector. Anyone have any suggestions? I am thinking either Tech Armor or Skinomi.

I appreciate any comments or feedback...

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Love the looks and the metal buttons. It is a little loose on the sides though.

Also, hard for me to get the S-Pen out now...but I assume it would be easier for those who don't bite their nails.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Loose in what way?

It wiggles around slightly? Or it is loose enough that you are concerned that the frame will come loose under impact?

I want to buy this case, but really want to know the worse things you can say about this case...so I go in with my eyes open...

Are you using a tempered glass screen protector? How does it fit with the case on?

Riboflavin

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Loose in that the plastic outside ring feels a little squishy on the sides. You can push it in a feel the sides moving. I doubt it will cause any problems...just weird.

EDIT: That might just be normal for these type of cases. This is my first one.

I dont have screen protector.

Last edited:

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Loose in that the plastic outside ring feels a little squishy on the sides. You can push it in a feel the sides moving. I doubt it will cause any problems...just weird.

EDIT: That might just be normal for these type of cases. This is my first one.

I dont have screen protector.

Thanks...my guess is that you are right...it might be normal...

When I think about the softer TPU inner case, and the hard plastic bumper, the inner case will naturally "give" a little...

This is just my guess having never handled a phone in this sort of case before...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
FYI. The Ringke Slim case is $1.99 with code 6IN5KM2K . And the Ringke Resilient Case is also $1.99 with the same code

Must pick Ringke as Seller

(Mods: I do not work for Ringke)

Edit: This comes with a free screen protector

I must need a class in remedial Amazon checkout... I can't figure out how to enter the promotion code during the checkout process. I put the code in the "gift card/promo code" field and hit the "apply" button, and it says that the promo code cannot be applied to my purchase... And the seller is definitely "Ringke"...

Any ideas why I can't seem to complete a simple Amazon transaction??? :(

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I must need a class in remedial Amazon checkout... I can't figure out how to enter the promotion code during the checkout process. I put the code in the "gift card/promo code" field and hit the "apply" button, and it says that the promo code cannot be applied to my purchase... And the seller is definitely "Ringke"...

Any ideas why I can't seem to complete a simple Amazon transaction??? :(

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Ringke SLIM  ***Essential Ultra Thin***[FREE Bonus HD Screen Protector Included][Black] Perfect Fit & Ultra Slim Curved Edge Protection, Scratch-Resistant Dual Coating Slim Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4652973

Try those links choose the one NOT Fulfilled by Amazon. Should be the bottom one.

Enjoy!!

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Try those links choose the one NOT Fulfilled by Amazon. Should be the bottom one.

Thanks...that did the trick... I originally chose the one that was sold by Ringke, but fulfilled by Amazon...

I was going to grab both (using two different accounts), but I am not sure I would ever need anything that would require anything as rugged as the Resilient case... If I think of a use for it, I'll probably buy it later...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1