Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up on anyone who has purchased the Verus High Pro Shield. Last night I was sitting outside and was wondering about my battery drain. Cell standby was my #1 culprit. With the case on I was getting a signal of -110dbm. I took the case off and the signal jumped to -90dbm. I went back and forth with it several times, and each time the signal decreased at least -20dbm with the case on. No idea why this is, but this case really negatively affected my cell signal.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Just a heads up on anyone who has purchased the Verus High Pro Shield. Last night I was sitting outside and was wondering about my battery drain. Cell standby was my #1 culprit. With the case on I was getting a signal of -110dbm. I took the case off and the signal jumped to -90dbm. I went back and forth with it several times, and each time the signal decreased at least -20dbm with the case on. No idea why this is, but this case really negatively affected my cell signal.

I have this case, it's not happening to me. But where is you seeing cell standby? I have AT&T. If you have low reception your battery will drain or a rogue app.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I received this Verus, today...

attachment.php

Feels very nice, and fits great. It isn't 'very' slippery, but, feels a 'little' slippery...

PS: Why on earth does it keep posting two images? This is via the web, but, same happens via TapaTalk, too.

Attachments

• 20150901_105132.jpg
    20150901_105132.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 691

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have this case, it's not happening to me. But where is you seeing cell standby? I have AT&T. If you have low reception your battery will drain or a rogue app.

I have Verizon, and I was outside not too far from the tower. I kept putting the case on and off and watching the dbm numbers fluctuate. I love the case and am going to keep it for now and try this experiment again later. Thanks for chiming in, I was wondering if it was only happening to me or others too.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have Verizon, and I was outside not too far from the tower. I kept putting the case on and off and watching the dbm numbers fluctuate. I love the case and am going to keep it for now and try this experiment again later. Thanks for chiming in, I was wondering if it was only happening to me or others too.

Ah ok. The case is fine for me. My battery drained horribly yesterday IN 4 hours with hardly any usage because of a rogue app and very low cell coverage of where I am here in Irving, Texas for class.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
FYI. The Ringke Slim case is $1.99 with code 6IN5KM2K . And the Ringke Resilient Case is also $1.99 with the same code

Must pick Ringke as Seller

(Mods: I do not work for Ringke)

Edit: This comes with a free screen protector

OK... I'll admit it... I ended up picking up both... Hard to pass up a deal like this! :) I'll put the Resilient case on my phone in higher risk drop situations (hiking, running, helping a friend move, etc...)...

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
OK... I'll admit it... I ended up picking up both... Hard to pass up a deal like this! :) I'll put the Resilient case on my phone in higher risk drop situations (hiking, running, helping a friend move, etc...)...
Did you get both at the discount? I could only get one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Im doing one at a time right before you pay go to the top and it says get your 8.00 discount and then it there when you pay.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So far really digging the Otterbox Defender with the ZAGG glass still. I just might stick with this case for good. The speck grip candyshell felt nice but wanted more protection and it's easier to type with the Defender because it has more bulk. With the Candyshell case it was thin and the phone felt too thin for me. Still think Defender is grossly overpriced for what you get but it;s the only thick case sold in stores for good protection and didn't want to wait to order of Amazon and not have a thick case on a brand new phone. I like the Poetic Revolution cases but it's not out yet and none of the stores sell them.

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Finally managed to order the mentioned case at a discount. Looks like it only works for the black one. Can't complain for $1.99.

I just got my UAG maverick in the mail and I am loving it. Highly recommend.

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Love the looks and the metal buttons. It is a little loose on the sides though.

Also, hard for me to get the S-Pen out now...but I assume it would be easier for those who don't bite their nails.

I had the same issue with their ultra hybrid for the s6 edge! Loved the case!!! I actually bought two, hoping the one was a defect, but nope they both rattled in the case!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I returned my verus leather case because of the whole magnet thing, and I bought me the black Samsung sview case it doesn't do much for protection but the color and the s window is nice.

I was going to get it with the 30% coupon but with shipping and taxes I was only going to save like $4 ,from get ti it at best buy, they price matched 47.50 for Amazon, and I had a $5 reward they sent me for justice being a member so I bought it for 42.50 plus taxes.

I'm waiting on the obliq case,but ever since amazon vendors started using DHL, my stuff takes forever to get here, it's coming from Brea CA, I'm in bakersfield CA and it takes like 6-8 days when the postal service would take 2-3 days :/

Posted via the Android Central App

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Skip Tannen

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
For the folks that have the Spigen Neo Hybrid Carbon Case, how hard is it to put on and take off? I only want to use the case when I'm out and about, so the Spigen may go on and come off once or twice a day. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy