Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I could get on board with that for vacation days or heavy use days...

I could get on board with that for vacation days or heavy use days when I know I will not be near an AC outlet...

With adaptive fast charging, I don't even need to be near the outlet for very long...

c1nnamon

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: First case arrived: Spigen thin fit (+ pics)

Same one that I ordered.. it's nice but not fancy enough for a girl. Looking for others from spigen.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Same one that I have too. I would something nicer for a girl as well. It's a fingerprint magnet as well.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I could get on board with that for vacation days or heavy use days when I know I will not be near an AC outlet...

With adaptive fast charging, I don't even need to be near the outlet for very long...
I am not carrying a charger and being tethered to a wall

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea had a the spen issue and had to remove didnt heat the last corner enough so now i have to wait for a replacement.

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Couple of questions:

I was looking at the Obliq case because of the kickstand. What are your impressions of this case?

Also, what case were you using when the back glass on your N5 broke? I want to make sure I don't get that case.

Obliq case is ok. To me the kickstand tends to stick or hang out a little when not in use. Not to the point where its all the way out but just enough to notice when you finger goes across it.

No case when the back glass broke. Thats on me.

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Tumi case from Verizon, not the folio and I think I finally have a winner! Feels amazing in the hands, s-pen for people with bigger hands and bit their nails ha, it comes out easy! It is pricey at $60 but it seems to provide excellent protection if dropped! Very happy... I'll try to post pics shortly!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I must say, this Verus case I got, is brilliant. I've been using it for a few days now, and it just fits comfortably and everything. Lastly, it seems to make the device feel 'slimmer'...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
FYI. The Ringke Slim case is $1.99 with code 6IN5KM2K . And the Ringke Resilient Case is also $1.99 with the same code

Must pick Ringke as Seller

(Mods: I do not work for Ringke)

Edit: This comes with a free screen protector

Took delivery of the Ringke Slim today...

Wow, this thing is pretty minimalistic... Once you clip this on, it's almost not even there...

That said, this case is only designed to protect against scratches to the back and sides... There's not much of a lip to protect the screen if you put the phone face-down... And it definitely will not protect it against any kind of drop...

It's a nice minimal case with good scratch protection though (and certainly worth the price of admission at under $2 shipped!)...

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The obliq case with the kickstand is alright, mine feels kinda cheap but for $5 bucks I shouldn't complain :)

I also just checked and the magnet that is in the kickstand also creates a dead spot on the screen :/

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The obliq case with the kickstand is alright, mine feels kinda cheap but for $5 bucks I shouldn't complain :)

I also just checked and the magnet that is in the kickstand also creates a dead spot on the screen :/

I dont like it either, its slippery. The TPU at the bottom of the phone is a little loose. But for $5 its OK.

Also the opening for the S-pen is too small, its kinda difficult to remove the S-pen.

Last edited:

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I really want to show off the phone and just want the thinnest case, just a covering to cover scuffs from keys and dust.

Anyone tested both the Ringke Slim and Spigen Ultra thin?

Just looking over pictures and videos, the Ringke Slim seems to be the thinnest case that exist right now. Anyone have experience with both?

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I really want to show off the phone and just want the thinnest case, just a covering to cover scuffs from keys and dust.

Anyone tested both the Ringke Slim and Spigen Ultra thin?

Just looking over pictures and videos, the Ringke Slim seems to be the thinnest case that exist right now. Anyone have experience with both?

I have the Ringke Slim, and as I mentioned a few posts ago that this case is almost non-existent it is so thin... It's crazy thin, and there is no overlapping front lip, so you see the entire front face of the Note 5... It's well done if all you want is to protect the phone from scratches...there is absolutely no drop protection... I prefer a clear crystal case to show off the handsome glass backing of the Note 5, but this case is nice if you want the minimalist of cases...

My plan is to get the Spigen Neo Hybrid... It has a clear back to show off the back of the phone, plus has a nice TPU bumper for some drop protection for small/medium drops... Also has nice metal buttons so you have positive feeling buttons, and a nice lip around the screen for when you place the phone face down...

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been eye balling that! Looks good! Is the phone still slippery with that case?
Not anymore than a normal hard tpu case imo. I have the ringke slum and the Samsung window-thing case. This one is my favorite so far

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I dont like it either, its slippery. The TPU at the bottom of the phone is a little loose. But for $5 its OK.

Also the opening for the S-pen is too small, its kinda difficult to remove the S-pen.

Yeah you're correct the Spen is difficult to take out, and mine is also loose in the bottom tpu ,but for $5 it's not even worth paying the shipping to return it

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ringke Slim, and as I mentioned a few posts ago that this case is almost non-existent it is so thin... It's crazy thin, and there is no overlapping front lip, so you see the entire front face of the Note 5... It's well done if all you want is to protect the phone from scratches...there is absolutely no drop protection... I prefer a clear crystal case to show off the handsome glass backing of the Note 5, but this case is nice if you want the minimalist of cases...

My plan is to get the Spigen Neo Hybrid... It has a clear back to show off the back of the phone, plus has a nice TPU bumper for some drop protection for small/medium drops... Also has nice metal buttons so you have positive feeling buttons, and a nice lip around the screen for when you place the phone face down...

The Ringke Slims back isn't crystal clear?

I feel like with phones this big, experience with other note phones, no case unless its extremely thick is going to protect the phone so I rather just go with a thin case. Chances are, if it falls at the wrong angle, no case will stop that from cracking the screen