Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

hit4bag

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using the Spigen Thin Fit, which I didn't think would provide much protection. However, the other night I was coming out of a restaurant and I pulled my Note out of my back pants pocket. Before I could blink an eye, my phone was flipping through the air like a pancake and landed square on its back - on concrete. I thought at a minimum the back glass was cracked. I picked it up, pulled the case off, and inspected the phone. Only the case suffered minimal damage; a few scratches. Though the fall was only ~3', the Thin Fit case did very well.

Also, I'm hoping Magpul will release a Note 5 case; probably wishful thinking.

SGN5.png

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Pictures of the Oblique Slim Meta metallic case in blue/black from Amazon. This is a very slim one piece case with cutouts for the buttons.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20150905_190841.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190841.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20150905_190859.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190859.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20150905_190918.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190918.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_20150905_190927.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190927.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_20150905_190943.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190943.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_20150905_190951.jpg
    IMG_20150905_190951.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 350

Willyman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: First case arrived: Spigen thin fit (+ pics)

note5_nh_cr_title_silver_grande.jpg

I got this Spigen case in Silver. It's nice, fits very well and feels like it will add protection.

But... it adds significantly to the dimensions and weight of the phone. Not sure I will keep it on for very long. I can no longer comfortably use the phone in one hand. The only thing I need really is something to stop the slipperiness (I live in a subtropical country, my hands are nearly always damp, not a good combo with the Note). Hopefully my Dbrand skin arrives soon.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the Ringke Slim, and as I mentioned a few posts ago that this case is almost non-existent it is so thin... It's crazy thin, and there is no overlapping front lip, so you see the entire front face of the Note 5... It's well done if all you want is to protect the phone from scratches...there is absolutely no drop protection... I prefer a clear crystal case to show off the handsome glass backing of the Note 5, but this case is nice if you want the minimalist of cases...

My plan is to get the Spigen Neo Hybrid... It has a clear back to show off the back of the phone, plus has a nice TPU bumper for some drop protection for small/medium drops... Also has nice metal buttons so you have positive feeling buttons, and a nice lip around the screen for when you place the phone face down...

Ringke Slim is the worst case for Note 5. It is so flimsy that it doesn't hold the phone together. I returned it immediately.

Now I have Spigen Ultra Hybrid Air Cushion case which is very close to Ringke Slim case.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If I have one, definitely the Incipio OffGRID once Incipio makes one for it.

It makes the phone last way longer off a charger and has an SD card slot over OTG if you want that.

Basically, a Note 5 with the OffGRID is the ultimate powerhouse.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the Obliq Slim Meta from Amazon. I'm in Canada so it might take like 10 days to get here. Definitely like the slim cases and the Obliq looks very nice

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you're correct the Spen is difficult to take out, and mine is also loose in the bottom tpu ,but for $5 it's not even worth paying the shipping to return it

Found another problem with the case.

The kickstand uses a magnet to hold it in place. There is a dead spot right above that magnet and when you try to use the S-Pen, it wont work at that location.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Found another problem with the case.

The kickstand uses a magnet to hold it in place. There is a dead spot right above that magnet and when you try to use the S-Pen, it wont work at that location.

Yeah mine has the same issue I didn't like the case I put my sview back on.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Obliq case is ok. To me the kickstand tends to stick or hang out a little when not in use. Not to the point where its all the way out but just enough to notice when you finger goes across it.

No case when the back glass broke. Thats on me.

Are you experiencing a dead spot from the magnetic kickstand onthe Obliqa?

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Ringke Slim is the worst case for Note 5. It is so flimsy that it doesn't hold the phone together. I returned it immediately.

Now I have Spigen Ultra Hybrid Air Cushion case which is very close to Ringke Slim case.

I'm returning my Ringke on Tuesday. Very terrible case.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Veldrid_13

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I despise the new clear view case. It scratches really easy, doesn't stay closed very well, and makes the phone harder to use. Surprised I dislike it as much as I do. Worst $60 I've spent in a long time.

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I despise the new clear view case. It scratches really easy, doesn't stay closed very well, and makes the phone harder to use. Surprised I dislike it as much as I do. Worst $60 I've spent in a long time.

Thanks for the heads up. Was looking at getting that maybe...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are there any options out there that protect the camera lens while in the case? I tend to throw my phone in my purse and I don't want the lens to get scuffed. I plan on getting a sleeve, but I was wondering if there were any other creative case options out there.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: First case arrived: Spigen thin fit (+ pics)

Hi all,

So with very device I order I always stock up on no less than 2-3 cases for different needs, light scratch protection, bumper level medium protection and a case for trips where I'll use something like a neo hybrid.

Today the first of three arrived, the thin fit. As usual Spigen does not disappoint and this is another great feeling high quality slim fit case.

An interesting upgrade to this line is it now offers full protection around all sides of the phone where it used to have an open bottom.

Here are a few pics to give you something to look at while we wait for the 21st.

View attachment 191668
View attachment 191669
View attachment 191670
View attachment 191671
View attachment 191672
View attachment 191673

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

have the same case for a few days now and love it. Granted, this case is for scratches and small drops. but love having the feel on protection from everyday wear and tear with out loosing what i like about the phone. The reduce size feel. If you want a simple, very thin case this is perfect.