Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

This is the one I will be getting as well.
I know its a bit early but how does it feel in your hand, if you have opened it already

This case has really grown on me... If it were not for the $1.99 sale price, I don't think I would have given it a try...

But now that I have it, I love the fact that it is so thin, it's almost like not having a case at all...

That's good and bad... It does a great job of protecting from scratches... I would never bet money that it would survive any kind of drop on pavement...

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
d447ee96fb.jpg

ive had this case now 2.5 weeks. at first i loved it.. looks pretty.
i still like that its thin and ive yet to drop it. but the minty sides are now looking really dingy and dirty.
85% of the time my phone is sitting on my desk or night stand (work from home) or its in my purse. so for it too look likes its months old. is no bueno..

i tried scrubbing the case with a clorox wipe and the sides still look worn and "dirty"

Last edited:

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I picked this one up at T-Mobile when I got my Note 5 and like it quite a bit. Very slim profile, for as thin as it is it's pretty solid feeling so it should do a good job protecting the phone and the buttons are covered as well.
That was one of the first cases I bought, the salesman told me it was a drop resistant case AND it's pretty thin.

It's one of my favorites.

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was at Wal-mart today and noticed they still don't have any Note 5 accessories such as screen protectors and cases. Sams is the same way.

One thing that irks me is that anywhere you go you can find tons and tons of cases for iphones. things are getting better since the Galaxy is the second most popular phone but there is still not the selection of cases you see for Iphones in the stores.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I was at Wal-mart today and noticed they still don't have any Note 5 accessories such as screen protectors and cases. Sams is the same way.

One thing that irks me is that anywhere you go you can find tons and tons of cases for iphones. things are getting better since the Galaxy is the second most popular phone but there is still not the selection of cases you see for Iphones in the stores.

I notice even certain Amazon vendors, also seem to make a wider variety of colors and cases for the iPhone :/

I have noticed that the s line of Samsung gets more love from the case manufacturers than the note line does.

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

EVEN dollar stores carry iphone cases. very annoying..

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Yea, and same as even those kiosk in the mall that sell cheap, no name cases. And to the other poster yea I notice they make more for the S line than the Note line. That makes sense since so many more buy that over the note.

It is annoying though. I mean all the retailers like the mobile provider shops, Best Buy, soon to be walmart/Sams, Office Depot sell Samsung cases but usually it's Otterbox they sell mostly. That is about the only heavy duty cases these places sell. Best buy that's the only heavy duty case they carry in the stores. Same way with the providers.

Btw Office Depot doesn't have Note 5 cases as of just over a week ago but they do carry a pretty hefty line of cases though for the S5, S6 Iphone, LG. I wish Sams had the Defender two weeks ago when I bought it though. Usually their Defenders are $10 cheaper than best buy and online.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, and same as even those kiosk in the mall that sell cheap, no name cases. And to the other poster yea I notice they make more for the S line than the Note line. That makes sense since so many more buy that over the note.

It is annoying though. I mean all the retailers like the mobile provider shops, Best Buy, soon to be walmart/Sams, Office Depot sell Samsung cases but usually it's Otterbox they sell mostly. That is about the only heavy duty cases these places sell. Best buy that's the only heavy duty case they carry in the stores. Same way with the providers.

Btw Office Depot doesn't have Note 5 cases as of just over a week ago but they do carry a pretty hefty line of cases though for the S5, S6 Iphone, LG. I wish Sams had the Defender two weeks ago when I bought it though. Usually their Defenders are $10 cheaper than best buy and online.

Sam's club has incipio octane cases for the S6 which I wanted one for my note 5 ,but they don't have any:/

Specks makes a wider variety of color combinations for the S6 but for Note there very limited, I wish accessory manufacturer's would've stop beings bias towards apple,but then again apple continues to be the most trendy phone.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I must be goldilocks because I'm sending back yet another case. So far I've tried 3 and they've all gone back. Today, the Spigen hybrid came in the mail but it didn't fit properly on the sides and caused my screen protector to peel up every time I hit the power or volume buttons.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I must be goldilocks because I'm sending back yet another case. So far I've tried 3 and they've all gone back. Today, the Spigen hybrid came in the mail but it didn't fit properly on the sides and caused my screen protector to peel up every time I hit the power or volume buttons.

As I have said before, the more I use this case, the more I like it...

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Essent...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4675672

It has no drop protection, but the case is very minimalistic...will protect from scratches and fingerprints, and there is absolutely no screen bezel (but the case does extend about 0.7mm to give it screen protection when placed face down...

71Ot6DJtvwL._SL1500_.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sam's club has incipio octane cases for the S6 which I wanted one for my note 5 ,but they don't have any:/

Specks makes a wider variety of color combinations for the S6 but for Note there very limited, I wish accessory manufacturer's would've stop beings bias towards apple,but then again apple continues to be the most trendy phone.

I'm sure Sams will get the Incipio case for the Note 5 eventually. I'd say probably early October I would think they would have them by then and wal-mart too. It seems big box stores like Sams, Wal-mart and Target are a little behind getting tech accessories. Again mostly Otterbox they all sell. I guess Otterbox gets all the preferred shelf space. When I lived in St. Louis there was a cell store in the mall the sells unlocked phones, used and no contract phones and they carry TONS of cases for Samsung, android. Not only Otterbox put stuff like Spigen too and other brands you would buy off amazon and even carried batteries too.

I notice a lot of the cases sold in the big box stores are 40 or more bucks. You can find just as good cases on Amazon for $20.

I really liked my Poetic Revolution Case for the s6. The built in screen protector was very clear and responsive and was tight so dirt didn't get under it as often. I might get one for my Note 5 when it is out in Oct. I'll punch out the plastic protector since I got tempered glass that I love.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am going with this i-Blason one for the Note 5 though - I haven't been using the Belt Clip for months now on the Note 4 so this one looks right.

Galaxy Note 5 Armorbox Full Body Dual Layer Case by i-Blason

i-Blasson is great to deal with too - I snapped the belt clip off (my bad, and told them that) - they sent me a new one free, NO QUESTIONS! :cool:

I did it and I love it! Nice rugged case, though I read a review that stated the built-in plastic screen protector dulled pretty quickly from use, so the reviewer popped it out and just used a tempered glass screen protector. I did the same as soon as it arrived and the original screen protector pops off very easily. The other thing I did was trim off the USB Door - I had a hell of a time keeping it open to plug the phone in with my fat, arthritic fingers! :) Makes for a nice, tough case...

NewCase_1.jpg NewCase_2[1].jpg

NewCase_3.jpg

NewCase_4[1].jpg

Note: USB Port (poorly) Trimmed by me!

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
On the Obliq case with the kickstand that has the magnet that interferes with the Spen, you can easily snap the kickstand off,and no more magnet interfering with the spen.

Of course you lose the kickstand but you gain writings without it creating a dead spot on your screen.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
As I have said before, the more I use this case, the more I like it...

http://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Essent...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4677463

It has no drop protection, but the case is very minimalistic...will protect from scratches and fingerprints, and there is absolutely no screen bezel (but the case does extend about 0.7mm to give it screen protection when placed face down...

View attachment 196032

unfortunately, i need drop protection. i'm phone clutz.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
does yours actually fit on the sides? i ordered a tech 21 from t-mobile and it was so loose on the sides! i ended up returning it because i felt like it wouldn't offer any drop protection if it fell on the face.

Mine fits perfectly. No slop, no looseness, like a second skin. I can't use a case with high frontal edges, like an Otterbox Defender. Interferes with my edge typing, and drives me a little nuts. I've tried, no dice.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Everyone, their brother, cousin, and sixth uncle makes cases for iPhone. That's the advantage of lack of changes in the physical unit. They range from high end units to cheap plastic junk. Most are as colorful as clown puke after a sprinkles binge.