Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Is the Tumi case any good? Never even heard of this thing.
Had a couple of Otterbox cases we took back to Verizon and they would only let us exchange them because they were beyond the 14 day return.
Looks like a nice thin case that would offer little to no drop protection. :p
Don't think it is worth the $59.99 Verizon is charging for it.
I'll try it on the Note 5 tomorrow and see how it fairs.

tumi02.jpgtumi05.jpgtumi06.jpg

Abraham Drimmer

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I recently made the switch from iOS to Android with the purchase of a Note 5. For the most part, I'm very happy with my decision in terms of both operating system and handset.

One of my few complaints about the Note 5 is in the case department. As a former iPhone user and design enthusiast, I'm really sad to find there is virtually no market for high-end, thoughtfully designed (though not necessarily designer, if you know what I mean), or unique cases for the Note 5. I suppose that is to be expected when you purchase a top-tier niche productivity device, as the target is probably not as image conscious as the proto-typical iPhone early-adopter.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone have a recommendation for a case or holder that sounds anything like what I describe above? I don't mind paying premium prices if I think a product is well designed or thoughtfully made.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I recently made the switch from iOS to Android with the purchase of a Note 5. For the most part, I'm very happy with my decision in terms of both operating system and handset.

One of my few complaints about the Note 5 is in the case department. As a former iPhone user and design enthusiast, I'm really sad to find there is virtually no market for high-end, thoughtfully designed (though not necessarily designer, if you know what I mean), or unique cases for the Note 5. I suppose that is to be expected when you purchase a top-tier niche productivity device, as the target is probably not as image conscious as the proto-typical iPhone early-adopter.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? Does anyone have a recommendation for a case or holder that sounds anything like what I describe above? I don't mind paying premium prices if I think a product is well designed or thoughtfully made.

Etsy has had some very unique cases over the years for phones, I'm just not too sure about the Note 5 in particular. They should have something though!

Deadlagx

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Currently using this Spigen case. For 10$ it does the job however I have been seriously considering switching to a wallet case as I find it annoying to carry 2 different things (wallet and phone). Been wanting to go minimalistic in the wallet department anyways, just want to carry my ID 2 cards and potentially some cash, however I have been hearing bad things about magnets on the wallet cases causing dead pixels/spen issues.

Can anyone recommend a wallet case that isn't incredibly bulky that maybe has an elastic strap instead of a magnet? Or a case where the magnet doesn't cause an issue with anything on the Note5?

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
New not 5 user here..love the phone..

Can anyone recommend a leather flip case without the magnet closure? Slim fit..those are my two requirements. .

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Can anyone recommend a leather flip case without the magnet closure? Slim fit..those are my two requirements. .

Thanks

I got the nillkin pleather case for my note 5 it's actually really nice,it doesn't have anything to close the flap so no magnet to worry about.

Galaxy Note 5 Flip Case,Perstar & Nillkin [Business Style][Card Slot] Flip Folio Leather Wallet Cover Protection Shell for Samsung Galaxy Note 5/N920 (Brwon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01415Z5A...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4714376

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my Verus Damda slide. Nice case that fits 3 cards easy and they're easy to remove. This case is SLIPPERY! The back of this case is as bad as, or worse than, the phone itself. I have a clear SP on the back of mine that offers more grip than the case. It goes a long way in convenience though. I think it does offer drop protection too. Perfecly aligned cut outs.

Attachments

• 4797.jpg
    4797.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 4798.jpg
    4798.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 66

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got my Verus Damda slide. Nice case that fits 3 cards easy and they're easy to remove. This case is SLIPPERY! The back of this case is as bad as, or worse than, the phone itself. I have a clear SP on the back of mine that offers more grip than the case. It goes a long way in convenience though. I think it does offer drop protection too. Perfecly aligned cut outs.

Maybe that's why it's called the Slide, slide right out of your hands and hit the ground.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe that's why it's called the Slide, slide right out of your hands and hit the ground.

Haha! They sure named it right! Even without the slide on the back. I watch this thread like a hawk. The users are very good (and generous) about posting special prices. I paid $4 or $5 for this one.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Obliq Naked Shield replacement and they fixed the dead spot near the magnet for the kickstand.

Good case. Wish there was a bigger cutout for the S-pen.

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I purchased, and use a Tetded leather case. The one I have is not a flip case, it simply covers the back of the phone, but it's very thin and quality leather (not PU Leather, which is not real leather)

They also make flip cases, I just didn't prefer the flip case. Go to their site and you can see what they offer....

My case has held up well over three or four weeks, but I did read another post by someone else who's case showed wear after only a week.I can't explain why his case showed wear, and my case doesn't. There are also numerous positive feedbacks on Tetdad cases, on Amazon, for other phones....

Hope this helps.

Tetded.JPG

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Obliq Naked Shield replacement and they fixed the dead spot near the magnet for the kickstand.

Good case. Wish there was a bigger cutout for the S-pen.

I have that one and don't use it because of the dead spot. How did u get a replacement?

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have that one and don't use it because of the dead spot. How did u get a replacement?

I contacted Obliq through Amazon. Told them about the problem and they offered a refund or a replacement. Didnt have to send the old one back either. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000