Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 200527
View attachment 200530
View attachment 200531
View attachment 200532

Affinity Poetic Note 5 Case Review
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013A1FTNS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4737893

Summary: AMAZING CASE!

Looks and Feel
So the case looks really nice. The designs on the back of the case give it a distinct look, all while showing the beauty of the color-morphic glass of the Galaxy Note 5. It also feels pretty nice in the hand. The corners are raised and certainly feels like it will withstand a drop from atmost shoulder height of an average man. The sides of the case have small ridges for better grip. The case raises the front of the phone more than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, and will also high enough to protect the protruding camera.

My only personal issue is that I wish it had a wrist strap holder, but thats a personal thing.

Durability
This case really feels durable. It snugs so tight to the Note 5 that one would have to use a bit force to take it off, but that it not really a bad thing. I did some small mini drops and it certainly did a pretty good job. I am really impressed at how the corners almost feel like rubber so the phone will bounce undamaged

Overall
The case is really good! Its really durable and looks good. I would rate this a 9/10

Awesome...mine should be here tomorrow, but I'm out of town for 2 weeks. If only it had come today. I'm really excited about this one because its got a great look to it. Thanks for the real world pics.

At&t Note5

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there something over the speaker? ^^

Nope! Its just the case..it has hold for the speakers but its thick enough to protect it

Awesome...mine should be here tomorrow, but I'm out of town for 2 weeks. If only it had come today. I'm really excited about this one because its got a great look to it. Thanks for the real world pics.

At&t Note5

Yup its really good! I'm actually surprised at it

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered my Note 5 today and i have been looking at some cases and this is the one that i am stuck on. It just looks really nice. I'm hoping it can hold up to my clumsiness.I'm a DROPAHOLIC . lol

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Vault Series] [Black] Slim Design Rugged Protective Armor Cover [Active Armor] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just returned this case (in Silver/Black) to Amazon. Maybe its just me but I had to take the two layers apart to get the case on the phone. Anyone else have to put it on that way? I don't like forcing anything over the last two corners and this was super tight!! The first layer goes on easy once apart. I snapped on the second layer and held it to feel. Didn't like the edge of the black rubber. It isn't smooth in the hand. It has a little ridge that you can feel, almost a sharpness to it. Not the sharpness that would cut you but the line was distracting and annoying. I had to look closely to see what I was feeling. I should have taken some photos of it but might be hard to see. I am probably more sensitive to the FEEL than most people.

Next was to remove the case for returning. That took me five minutes! I didn't try with both layers together because it didn't go on that way. I couldn't get my nail under the back and get it to pop off. Multiple tries and I finally got it. Then I noticed the silver paint was scratched off where I put my nails. Very teeny spots but hardly noticeable.

I DID like the look of the case. If it went on in one piece without force AND that sharp ridge wasn't there it would be a very nice case!

Last edited:

look-fast

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
just sharing new buys.... all from korea!

Attachments

• 1444396578586.jpg
    1444396578586.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1444396594434.jpg
    1444396594434.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1444396737186.jpg
    1444396737186.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 72

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Caseology® [Vault Series] [Black] Slim Design Rugged Protective Armor Cover [Active Armor] for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just returned this case (in Silver/Black) to Amazon. Maybe its just me but I had to take the two layers apart to get the case on the phone. Anyone else have to put it on that way? I don't like forcing anything over the last two corners and this was super tight!! The first layer goes on easy once apart. I snapped on the second layer and held it to feel. Didn't like the edge of the black rubber. It isn't smooth in the hand. It has a little ridge that you can feel, almost a sharpness to it. Not the sharpness that would cut you but the line was distracting and annoying. I had to look closely to see what I was feeling. I should have taken some photos of it but might be hard to see. I am probably more sensitive to the FEEL than most people.

Next was to remove the case for returning. That took me five minutes! I didn't try with both layers together because it didn't go on that way. I couldn't get my nail under the back and get it to pop off. Multiple tries and I finally got it. Then I noticed the silver paint was scratched off where I put my nails. Very teeny spots but hardly noticeable.

I DID like the look of the case. If it went on in one piece without force AND that sharp ridge wasn't there it would be a very nice case!
I'm used to having to take five minutes to take my case off. My Otterbox comutter case is the same way.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a very specific set of requirements for a case: I wanted relatively low profile and thin, but good protection on all sides. I also like something that covers the screen, like a holster case. And, I wanted the screen cover to be easily taken off so I could pop the note in the my cradle for use in the car. So, some kind of wallet case or the tech24 would not work.

There are a couple of cheap 9.99 holster cases at Amazon, which I tried, and sent back for various reasons. I ended up getting the Seido Surface. Its overpriced - I think I paid about $32.00 with the holster. however, it fits great, doesn't add noticeable bulk, and the holster that it comes with (you have to look for the holster combo on Amazon) is real handy. I also had a Seido holster for my Galaxy S4 and it was very useful.

Amazon.com: Seidio® SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case (Black) for the Galaxy Note 5 [New Design] [Slim & Sleek]: Amazon Video

Note that Seido has two case/holster combos for the Note, Dilex and Surface. I'd recommend the Surface, because it is less bulky yet offers lots of protection.

The only real grip I have with the case is that I find the goofy kickstand on the back to be useless and it prevents the case from lying totally flat on a table. But, this is a very minor issue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
UAG users have you noticed that there is little to no protection on the S-Pen corner of the case?
It you drop and it lands on that corner there will be damage.
What you think?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
UAG users have you noticed that there is little to no protection on the S-Pen corner of the case?
It you drop and it lands on that corner there will be damage.
What you think?
Hmm all depends i guess bumper in that corner front is over it , but the back part corner isn't, so it's possible all depends how it falls.

Running On Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920A

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'll tell you what, the Tumi case is turning out to be one of my favorite Note 5 cases. It just feels, fits and functions 100% perfect on the Galaxy Note 5. Just started using it this afternoon and I'm amazed at the feel and fit of this case. It adds no bulk at all to the phone, just wish it had port covers (got on my port plugs though). :p

tumi01.jpgtumi02.jpgtumi03.jpgtumi04.jpgtumi05.jpgtumi06.jpgtumi07.jpg

Last edited:

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of this, but, I have two questions...

1. do you think it will 'catch' lint over time?
2. those plugs for the ports, do you have a link for where to buy them?

Thanks

I'll tell you what, the Tumi case is turning out to be one of my favorite Note 5 cases. It just feels, fits and functions 100% perfect on the Galaxy Note 5. Just started using it this afternoon and I'm amazed at the feel and fit of this case. It adds no bulk at all to the phone, just wish it had port covers (got on my port plugs though). :p

View attachment 200692View attachment 200693View attachment 200694View attachment 200695View attachment 200698View attachment 200699View attachment 200700

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it will be a lint magnet. I got these from Amazon and they are called "Port Plugs" You can get a bag of like 100 on eBay for $3.50 but they ship from Hong Kong. The Tumi has a Burlap like Material feel on the back. It is an Incipio Case. :-\

You would have to put your phone into one and then you would understand my feelings. Just a great feeling case. Bar None.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it will be a lint magnet. I got these from Amazon and they are called "Port Plugs" You can get a bag of like 100 on eBay for $3.50 but they ship from Hong Kong. The Tumi has a Burlap like Material feel on the back. It is an Incipio Case. :-\

You would have to put your phone into one and then you would understand my feelings. Just a great feeling case. Bar None.
Good grip on sides and back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im tempted to find one of those retarded cases the iphone has. The ones that look like a critter, just so i can use when i lay down. (Extra grip) Ive clunked my head so many times with this note. Hahahaha. I mighy go all Dory with all the facepalms given to me by my phone LOL

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae